We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Appraisal for imbued LI is broken

Hello, all.

I am starting in on the new LI system and went to get the appraisal items from the old. I know my imbued 1st age LIs are nothing special (I am level 106 and had only just imbued them a little before the LI update), but getting only some basic enhancement runes and ancient script seemed wrong when reading up on how we were supposed to be able to gear up the new LI.

Then I looked at what a 3rd age, non-imbued, unenhanced bridle appraised for. More runes, more script, higher quality runes, and some shattered traceries. What the heck. This has to be wildly broken, right?

What am I supposed to do? As far as I can tell there won't even be any mechanic in place for me to make up for the items until mid-February (unless it is delayed even more at that point). Put in a ticket maybe? I'm guessing I'll just be told they can't help with in-game issues.

Am I missing something obvious, or is what we have now a broken, half-implemented LI system?

Looks like your imbued LI didn't have full experience in it, possibly? This is just one of the pieces of crucial information SSG did not communicate to the masses at large before the LI update hit.

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    Looks like your imbued LI didn't have full experience in it, possibly? This is just one of the pieces of crucial information SSG did not communicate to the masses at large before the LI update hit.
    Probably. I hadn't had it imbued for very long. But how does it make any sense that imbuing an item drops its worth? At the very least, an imbued item should start off being the same as it was just before. I'd have been better off if I'd never touched the imbuement system at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornglen View Post
    Probably. I hadn't had it imbued for very long. But how does it make any sense that imbuing an item drops its worth? At the very least, an imbued item should start off being the same as it was just before. I'd have been better off if I'd never touched the imbuement system at all.
    The appraisal system went off the Item Experience dumped into the Imbued LI. The more experience dumped into it, the more you got.

If it was freshly imbued and you had hardly put any experience into it it because pretty worthless for the Appraisal system.

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    The appraisal system went off the Item Experience dumped into the Imbued LI. The more experience dumped into it, the more you got.

If it was freshly imbued and you had hardly put any experience into it it because pretty worthless for the Appraisal system.
    Ok. Thanks for the info.

So I guess it isn't broken, it is just very poorly designed. There is zero reason the LI should be worth so much less right after I imbue it than it was right before.

In case you know, is there any way to get the higher quality traceries that does not involve massive RNG luck and/or content way above my level (106)? Preferably something that can be run solo or duo?

You'll be getting traceries and enhancement runes by questing, but it won't be very much. Missions are a good option as the 15 and 45 mission quests reward enhancement runes. You can run them as duo. The game, however, is all about grind. But, I think, the new system isn't worse than the old.

Another tip: you can use your weapon without traceries since the DPS is good enough for landscape. Traceries will not improve the DPS like starlits did. They'll only get important when you start doing group content. Wait with appraisal until you are level 121 as you will be getting better enhancement runes and tokens. They can be used until level 140.

Quote Originally Posted by Indelin View Post
    You'll be getting traceries and enhancement runes by questing, but it won't be very much. Missions are a good option as the 15 and 45 mission quests reward enhancement runes. You can run them as duo. The game, however, is all about grind. But, I think, the new system isn't worse than the old.

Another tip: you can use your weapon without traceries since the DPS is good enough for landscape. Traceries will not improve the DPS like starlits did. They'll only get important when you start doing group content. Wait with appraisal until you are level 121 as you will be getting better enhancement runes and tokens. They can be used until level 140.
    Actually, I prefer the new LI with reforge in game giving me more dps instead of the crystal grind. But my 131 minstrel has to disagree with the bolded statement. At 130 she did missions without problems, at 131 they have become harder, some even impossible. Now she doesn't have 130 gear but that was no bother at 130 either. There are so many little things making a character stronger that traceries can become very important to have. The jump for her to 131 is a disaster without them while my hunter who quested through 3 Peaks warzone, has all traceries at least at 430/465, all trait points that can be used and capped slotted virtues barely sees a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Indelin View Post

I don't know that appraisal at 210 will be much better than at 106 since newly imbued items seem to be broken, but I'm not losing much by waiting, so I'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    Actually, I prefer the new LI with reforge in game giving me more dps instead of the crystal grind. But my 131 minstrel has to disagree with the bolded statement. At 130 she did missions without problems, at 131 they have become harder, some even impossible. Now she doesn't have 130 gear but that was no bother at 130 either. There are so many little things making a character stronger that traceries can become very important to have. The jump for her to 131 is a disaster without them while my hunter who quested through 3 Peaks warzone, has all traceries at least at 430/465, all trait points that can be used and capped slotted virtues barely sees a difference.
    Even at 106 the couple traceries I added (just a heraldry and craft for now) made a big difference for my LM. I could handle normal landscape fine without them, but elites were a big pain. With the traceries, those are fine, too.

Thanks to both of you for the info.