We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Katerica View Post
    Has anyone else noticed an uptick in griefing/trolling/general immature behavior on this server over the last few weeks or so? I noticed it a couple weeks ago on World when there was a discussion about jobs. Someone had made a comment about having to make one's own job in this economy. I joked that I "made" my job by becoming a mother, and one commenter seemed to be extremely offended by that, to the point of condemning my gameplaying during my free time and my abilities as a mother. I threw no gas on the fire, only saying after that commenter had stopped ranting that I only play when my child is napping. Another time I was playing music in the crafting hall in Bree, and someone actively disparaged every single song I played while a Hunter "burned" me with his campfire. I've witnessed many instances of musicians being interrupted by others playing nonsense on their instruments. I have also witnessed emote spamming (not related to emote deeds) and being followed when trying to get away from people.
    Has the culture of Gladden changed to become hostile, immature, and rude all of a sudden? Are veteran players who play LOTRO for the love of the game and the lore no longer welcome?
    long time ago .. going back 8 years now, when LOTRO first opened.. some doofus on the forums designated gladden as the "PVP" server... LOTRO was really meant to be a casual MMO and RP friendly MMO..

so the PVP crowd came here and some of them were always at odds with the rest (majority) of the people playing... the PVP designation attracted a lot of the dooshy types who go on and on about how great they are and how everyone else sucks .. and thus elitist immaturity and lotro-lifer mentality became cemented in Gladden's server culture...some of the new kids when coming into gladden, learned to act the same way from this minority group of veteran jerks and thus we were never able to shake the bad aftertaste since ..

so there have always been more jerks in world/glff here than other servers.. take it from me I've played on 4 servers I believe in the 3 years I played this game and all were more laid back than gladden with the exception of brandywhiners(which I believe beats gladden only because if its sheer size population wize, increasing the odds of a person running into a jerk)

so to be fair you do see a lot of jerks on the ultra populated servers as well

nimrodel and firefoot (although proly dead now) were far more laid back and chat/community friendly

best thing you can do is make fun of them then /ignore them (even if the function doesn't exist in lotro been so long don't remember).. ignoring em after coming up with a nice comeback will drive em crazy.. if you ever need help writing/formulating a TOS friendly comeback without vulgarity lemme know Ill write some down and send a .txt file, its one of my fortes.. my spécialité if you will .. you can cycle through the insults as needed to put them in their place and then continue to play with the good hearted folks (who really are the reason we play right?)
    Last edited by Neuromancer; Jul 27 2015 at 12:28 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203010000115624/signature.png]Prettyboyfloyd[/charsig]

We may as wells get ready for a huge influx of trolls and whiners when Gladden is one of the five US servers left after the consolidation.
    Tolella Hlothran ~ Minstrel ~ 115
    Crickhollow
    Officer ~ Phoenix Rising

Quote Originally Posted by LethalLethality View Post
    We may as wells get ready for a huge influx of trolls and whiners when Gladden is one of the five US servers left after the consolidation.
    Doesn't that also mean we get a huge influx of calm and helpful players too?

Quote Originally Posted by b.e.wilson View Post
    Doesn't that also mean we get a huge influx of calm and helpful players too?
    I hope so! The kin I belong to is considering Gladden as a destiny because we consider you have a mature & educated player base.
    Hopefully we'll be part of the calm & helpful players

Quote Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post
    best thing you can do is make fun of them then /ignore them (even if the function doesn't exist in lotro been so long don't remember).. ignoring em after coming up with a nice comeback will drive em crazy.. if you ever need help writing/formulating a TOS friendly comeback without vulgarity lemme know Ill write some down and send a .txt file, its one of my fortes.. my spécialité if you will .. you can cycle through the insults as needed to put them in their place and then continue to play with the good hearted folks (who really are the reason we play right?)
    The best way to insult someone is to have it relate to the current situation or discussion at hand. If someone is pissing you off about politics, a momma joke ain't gonna cut it, lol. Gotta make a joke about Hillary Clinton "accidentally" zeroing her hard drive, even though Microsoft Windows doesn't come with a native tool to acheive this, and given the size of modern hard drives (1TB norm), zeroing it would take quite some time (with a decent processor), and would need multiple passes (3-6) to get it to the point where it can be unrecoverable to to the types of people who would want Benghazi secrets.

OR

Make a joke about Obamacare or something.
    Tyrant Vargburz, The Most Hated

In my experience, Gladden isn't all that bad with maturity and kindness levels. Just stay out of world chat on freepside and all should be well.

Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported-1 - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL

Quote Originally Posted by Laurelinarien View Post
    I hope so! The kin I belong to is considering Gladden as a destiny because we consider you have a mature & educated player base.
    Hopefully we'll be part of the calm & helpful players
    *Waves her "Welcome to Gladden" banner overhead*

You should DEFINITELY come to Gladden. We have pie.
    LilyRose of Gladden, Mistress of the Rangers of the West Kinship. Come check out our kin at rangerswest.guildlaunch.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Astarte View Post
    *Waves her "Welcome to Gladden" banner overhead*

You should DEFINITELY come to Gladden. We have pie.
    Ty! Can't wait till the transfer!
    Aside from PVE, Gladden creeps will be getting reinforcements

Ty! Can't wait till the transfer!
    Aside from PVE, Gladden creeps will be getting reinforcements
    You bringing Creeps over here?

Quote Originally Posted by reverendmaggot View Post
    You bringing Creeps over here?
    If you receive us, sure Like I said, we're few but we only go Creep.

If you receive us, sure Like I said, we're few but we only go Creep.
    This is good. On one side or the other, we need more single-side players. By chance, are any of you guys/gals Creeps ranked? Like above R8.

This is good. On one side or the other, we need more single-side players. By chance, are any of you guys/gals Creeps ranked? Like above R8.
    2 of us are new to creeping (we're rolling 2 Defs) but the others have ranked creeps.. I don't remember all of them but our highest I think is our leader (R11 or 12 BA)

...Make a joke about Obamacare or something.
    Thank the godz someone cares...
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies. And whenever they catch you, they will try to kill you. But first...they must catch you. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and you will never be destroyed...

When I returned to the game and encountered world chat, my ignore list grew rapidly. It's a good solution if you still want the social outlet without having to endure the more annoying idiots. I have no idea what the maximum size of the ignore list is, but when I get tired of adding to it I just turn world chat off for a while, then whittle the list down. I suspect there are quite a few immature, mostly f2p, types who pass through LOTRO, get bored and leave.
    Hamlet was right . . . but so was P.T. Barnum!

In my experience, maturity and subscription status are unrelated. Lots of jerks with subscriptions, and lots of great folks exploring the game as f2p.
    LilyRose of Gladden, Mistress of the Rangers of the West Kinship. Come check out our kin at rangerswest.guildlaunch.com.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3