We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Legacy selections in light(dark?) of Mordor

I been looking at my legendaries the other day, and thinking that stat legacies are really not all that cracked up. My sword got an agi legacy among others, and javelin got both agi and vit legacies. Thing is, they are MEASLY. About +190 agi was a biggish deal at 105, but now at 115 I got both agi and vit well into 5 digit territory.

Example: my sword agi legacy at like 42/69 unlocked is about +190, and says at 69 will be a whopping 260 or so. Not worth the pain of grinding out 27 SoEs. And frankly, I wonder if I would be better off swapping it for something useful.

Disclaimer: I dont raid and dont plan to raid. I soloed 1-115 and have no problems in landscape/quests and most 3-man content. But once I exhaust currently available solo content, I might start exploring grouping options.

So what I got(blue line)
    SoD DOT
    Gambit Lifetap
    Reso damage
    Persevere block
    Light damage
    Spear gambit damage
    Agi.

I wonder what would be a good swap.
    Leave as Agi? Change to Vit? (which I already got like 17k of)
    What exactly does Ranged damage legacy affect? It seems like a viable alternative.

Now, javelin, if memory serves me right:
    Defiant dmg return
    Shield gambut heal
    Fist gambit skill dmg
    Spear-shield dmg
    Conviction heal bonus
    Agi
    Vit.

Worth it to drop either stat for something else? Candidates seem to be:
    ICPR looks fairly decent. I rarely run into power issues and there is DBtD....
    Adroit Maneuvre damage - I use that gambit fairly often.

Thoughts?
    Thanks!

Warden legacies really aren't great, and to be honest if you're not doing end-game T2C content you could run without LIs entirely and do just fine. Either way here's mine, they're set up for Moors/T2C raids:

For what it's worth, VIT is probably much more useful than AGI in terms of the gain to your total stats. You'll get ~1000 morale from a VIT legacy, at 115 that's 1% of your total moral pool. You won't get a 1% damage increase from 236 Agility...

Bear in mind I'm also mastery capped in all builds. I could do away with the AGI legacy on my Javelin and get the Conviction healing legacy but there's not much need, 30% more on a 1.5k heal is not going to do anything. I also have a swap javelin for Careful Step duration and Adroit Manoeuvre duration.

Legacies I think you don't need to bother with at all:

Lifetap damage - Redundant, only affects the outgoing damage component (which is tiny) and has no impact on the heal received.
    Resolution damage - Redundant, resolution hits for basically nothing, and the above comment is still true, so no survival benefit.
    Defiant Challenge dmg return - self explanatory

Quote Originally Posted by Ethrildar View Post
    Hi. Why so much flat crit rate stats? Are you not at cap with crit? (Cap crit is harder now, but I have it very-very near with not even best armor. To be sure though - those legacies flat crit does not go over cap as far as I know, am I right?)

And that spear gambit damage is only for initial attack, not bleeds, right?

(I use a bit more tank oriented setup, but would like to know how much I am losing )

Thanks in advance!

Great info, thanks! As mentioned, I don't see myself as raid/t2c customer, but the better the gear, the more fun it is to use!

Quote Originally Posted by jDzames View Post
    Hi. Why so much flat crit rate stats? Are you not at cap with crit? (Cap crit is harder now, but I have it very-very near with not even best armor. To be sure though - those legacies flat crit does not go over cap as far as I know, am I right?)

And that spear gambit damage is only for initial attack, not bleeds, right?
    Basically because you don't really need to run fully crit capped, mastery provides a more reliable damage boost despite crit being incredibly important and in T2C content you've always got 10k crit from a Captain. Either way, the legacies do not affect over-cap crit chance, only crit multiplier through rating, which is why I have them.

Spear-shield gambit damage is initial attacks only, but affects quite a lot of gambits (including Power Attack line).