We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bonus lotro points? Lots of people staying at home

Maybe a bit of a cheeky attempt but I see loads of companies doing something along the lines of providing some form of content during these weird times.

Fire up double , maybe triple bonus lotro points?
    I'd buy some.
    Aernur - Captain Main, Inaethir - Lore-master, Inathir - Rune-keeper, Aerdar- Hunter, Phatso - Burglar, Phatsam- Minstrel

Quote Originally Posted by Earid View Post
    Maybe a bit of a cheeky attempt but I see loads of companies doing something along the lines of providing some form of content during these weird times.

Fire up double , maybe triple bonus lotro points?
    I'd buy some.
    You are prop one of those who have hundreds of toilet paper rolls.
    Trying to get something for yourself during a crisis, speaks in volum about your person.

To quote another fantasy world: Shame! Shame! Shame!

Quote Originally Posted by Aranaan View Post
    Trying to get something for yourself during a crisis, speaks in volum about your person.

That escalated quickly...

Asking for a LOTRO bonus point sale does not take away from anyone else in any way. No one can hoard points and keep others from getting them. No one can buy points and resell them for triple markup. Points are not a necessary food or health staple that people need.

I've been wanting to buy myself some points too and have been hoping a sale comes along soon. If lots of people are stuck at home and may be playing more, why not offer some sales?
    Last edited by CloudCastle; Mar 15 2020 at 11:33 AM.

Seriously?

I agree with the original poster and almost everyone else so far. LOTRO point sale, sooner rather than later, would be much appreciated!

./signed

Hmmmmm....you seem a bit stressed. If you're running low on TP atm, I just put a bunch on the in-game AH. Hope it helps.

WHOA, why so negative?

In my country we are ALL under curfew and partial quarantine and for example that's why I payed a VIP subscription via the in-game store and started playing again.

It would be sensible of SSG to take advantage of the fact the many countries are putting their people more and more frequently at home: a sale is nothing else but a way to sell those products that you wouldn't have sold with no discounts :P

Seems to me that DROPPING the price while so many are stuck at home and probably making less (if any) money, is the exact opposite of those price gougers. All the OP is doing is pointing out a way SSG could serve all their customers better, not just him.

Lol thx, had a laugh. You are wrong in every way. I will not elaborate but read your post again and rethink.
    Aernur - Captain Main, Inaethir - Lore-master, Inathir - Rune-keeper, Aerdar- Hunter, Phatso - Burglar, Phatsam- Minstrel

The rest of the world hasn't peaked yet, so any bonus or event is just a flash in the pan to how long this will last. I guess they can extend the Anniversary to an extra week before and after (it isn't that far away). They usually have points sales at the same time.

My work is shut down so I'm home all week, I'd be totally down for a point sale. Especially with all the spending I've been doing on crafting bags and the milestone sale.

It makes sense to put say double points not much to do irl right now

I'll add my vote for more points.. or ya know.. a sale on the digital copy of Minas Morgul as well
    Been kicking around since 2008... Better days...:)

Why not, I would use it on buying an Island.

Quote Originally Posted by Earid View Post
    And you would be right; there are many vendors and businesses doing just that and more during these times.

If not an LP discount, then dump the cost of popular in-game items (not simply cosmetics, as I understand the hard-core gamers don't care for such).

It's a goodwill builder, and an all-around win.
    Estannen Seregrian, istriel i Imladris...

Quote Originally Posted by Seregrian View Post
    And you would be right; there are many vendors and businesses doing just that and more during these times.

It's a goodwill builder, and an all-around win.
    SSG isn't in this for goodwill. They are in this for profit, yet someone on their team has yet to realize how much more money they could make from things like cheaper and combined older expansions, more timely sales, more account wide items (maps anyone?) or gaining traction with new players who get scared off by the costliness of the game. You can peruse Reddit or even the MassivelyOP post today about other games having sales to see people mention LOTRO by name when it comes to being too expensive for new players.

I am willing to bet more players are logging in now with the self-quarantines than normal, yet will they do a sale? I'd be truly surprised if they did, but they see this as more players playing, more money they will naturally spend instead of giving an incentive for everyone to spend. Many of us won't come off money until they do have sales.
    Been kicking around since 2008... Better days...:)

Let's hope what Spring Fest bring toilet papper housing items and toilet papper costume with gas mask.

While I might have gotten a bit extra beer and coffee beans last time at the market, I will be working.

I do have the opportunity and incitament to work from home, so that will probably happen sooner rather than later, but I am not sure I will spend more time behind the game even if I spare myself 90 minutes driving back and forth to work every day.

Having said that, a sale is always a sale, if you have some money to spend on it. Some may regret it on a longer term.
    Marancil CHN, Historian Calchiar CPT, Explorer Sturmdrang WDN, Woodsman Anancite GRD, Armourer Tarostel HNT, Armsman Angredeth HNT, Tinker Dromarong GRD, Dwarf
    The Lord of the Rings Online: Community Discord | My in game image hosting: LotroShots

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    Let's hope what Spring Fest bring toilet paper housing items and toilet paper costume with gas mask.
    This is LOTRO gas mask, inspired in medieval era pest doctor mask:

This what was used to wipe yourself, instead TP during that same period:

maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day
    It's always nice to have a sale.

But.... we also have to remember that SSG is essentially a small business in comparison to the rest of the gaming world, and just like any company out there right now they are making sacrifices. A lot of the basic work can certainly be done from home, but their fat graphic design workstations used to design game elements aren't so portable, so they may have to postpone certain things until they can be full-force in the office again. And with delays comes money, and in this case money lost.

While there is a good chance more people would buy points on a sale.... it is also a good thing to keep supporting our small businesses. I went and got my eggs from a small drive-thru diary yesterday. Not only did they had them, he said he was losing business because everyone was panic-buying at big grocery stores, going home, and then not going out again. It's these small businesses that are going to be hit the hardest. And while SSG is certainly not comparable to a drive thru dairy, they will have more financial difficulty weathering through all the changes then say a Blizzard or an EA that have thousands of employees and millions of players.

Additionally, in these times of uncertainty.... people are starting to lose their jobs, and the first thing that will go out the window is game subscriptions, point buying, and other non-essentials. So while a sale is nice..... it is nicer to just support their business by buying points as they are now, and subscribing to the game so they keep a positive flow of money incoming.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

From https://www.lotro.com/en/friends
    "All quests, instances, and skirmishes, including those in expansion packs, are open to everyone through April 30."

Thank you SSG.
    Last edited by Kedaridu; Mar 19 2020 at 12:55 PM.

Look what they've just posted:

https://www.lotro.com/en/friends

Great move from SSG!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast