We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Class Update?

Class Update?

I realise that restoration healing and NS don't make up the entirety of the snagging list for Wardens, but they were pretty big issues. I'm hearing that they've been fixed but I haven't dared come back and test it for fear of re-disappointment - any kind Wardens out there who can comment on whether the changes have made a significant difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeiolian View Post
    I realise that restoration healing and NS don't make up the entirety of the snagging list for Wardens, but they were pretty big issues. I'm hearing that they've been fixed but I haven't dared come back and test it for fear of re-disappointment - any kind Wardens out there who can comment on whether the changes have made a significant difference?
    Short answer: No

Long answer: nooooooooooooooooooooooo

Sorry, I had to say that- Vicar of Dibley moment. Anyway, it's been so long since I used my healing gambits that I had forgotten about the change. Yesterday I was doing some deeding and experimented with Restoration / Persevere chain. The numbers were definitely better than before, but I'm not sure it would keep me alive in a dangerous situation.

That's as a yellow, though. For a blue "tank" Warden it might be a boost- probably won't solve all the problems there, but might be a step in the right direction?

Optimistically, they are about half-way there. There needs to be more mitigation, warden forced march useable in combat, and another short term "oh noo!" button to really round them out. Currently, they are still not tank worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladdis View Post
    Optimistically, they are about half-way there. There needs to be more mitigation,
    It is optimistically stated that they're about halfway there. I agree with the mitigation. Seeing as we are an avoidance based class in a largely, and I might even say almost entirely, unvoidable attack based game-world, our B/P/E is not going to cut it. Not by a longshot. The other thread I saw about the persevere line might help, but it could use some beefing up (is this even proper english?).

warden forced march useable in combat,
    This one I don't really get. Sure it might be handy for kiting, but I rather have it a toggle like with hunter; auto-apply after combat. I wasn't one for kiting anyway, but that is my opinion.

and another short term "oh noo!" button to really round them out. Currently, they are still not tank worthy.
    OK, now correct me if I am wrong, but when I read "Oh noo!!" button I am actually reading forced taunt. If not, please disregard the next bit. If an additional "Oh no/sh../cr../f..." button is needed, I would say that there is a fundamental issue with the aggro generation of the class in question. As I wrote in the thread "Cordoftherings - Warden Update - Open letter to the developers", I rather have the threat/aggro transfer back that used come with "Maddening Strike", "Dance of War" and "Conviction". That allows me to keep my forced taunt(s) for what they are meant to; to be used in an emergency.

Other then that, yeah, I largely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Shariva View Post
    (forced march usable in combat)
    This one I don't really get. Sure it might be handy for kiting, but I rather have it a toggle like with hunter; auto-apply after combat. I wasn't one for kiting anyway, but that is my opinion.
    For some people it's a huge issue- I've seen it argued as one of the major flaws with warden compared to Hunter. ...which makes me laugh. Click the skill and you're moving faster than a Hunter again! But to some it's a major annoyance.

Quote Originally Posted by Halphast View Post
    For some people it's a huge issue- I've seen it argued as one of the major flaws with warden compared to Hunter. ...which makes me laugh. Click the skill and you're moving faster than a Hunter again! But to some it's a major annoyance.
    I like forced march well enough, just as I like find the path on hunter. But even find the path is turned of in combat, and activated right after it. And while it might be a bit annoying (in my opinion) to activate it after combat again, and it would be a nice quality of life improvement, it's far from being a mandatory update. There are more important things to improve first.

Quote Originally Posted by Halphast View Post
    I mained warden when it first came out, forced march shutting off in combat and having to reapply it always annoyed me. I want to click and forget.