We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Character suggestions with stipulations

Hello folks-

I have tinkered on and off with this game but never really got into it past level 12 or so. I actually pre-ordered it signed up on 02/23/2007 and played the open beta. Unfortunately, life got in the way any my time became limited so my interest waned.

That was 16 years ago. Today I am a bit older and have had open heart surgery and suffer from hand tremors. This might be the time for me to explore this world that I love.

If I try to bind more than a few keys and stretch for them hitting shift t becomes shift ttttttttt so I don't like to have that on my mind. I'm an old school clicker so a class that can have a minimal hot bar and still be successful exploring the world would be key. I'm also prone to just wander and step on monsters I don't see so a character that can explore the world and step in a nest of bad guys and live to tell about it would be nice. Slow is ok, sustain would be key. I'm guessing with years of updates all classes can do this but one or two of them must be better at it than the others.

Any suggestions, tips or advice would be most welcome.

/salute

Pelel

Welcome back to LOTRO.

Much has changed over the years, the below referenced links will help you learn and enjoy LOTRO. You do not need to worry about finger span with LOTRO. Unless you are a min-maxer mouse clicking will be fine. Do not worry about your age, in this game it is not an issue, most players are on the older side of life. Me? I am 73. Any class can solo LOTRO to max level. Try a class until about level 20 or 30, see how you like the class. Some classes are more demanding than most others. These classes are in order, (my opinion, and I play these classes) of complexity—Lore-master, Warden, Minstrel, and Captain. Probably the easiest class is the Hunter. As you may have read here, the Warden and the Captain have undergone a class revamp, the changes to these classes and others can be found at the below links.

If you are wondering why you can only post in this forum: Why Can I Only Post Here

Links to sites about some feature of LOTRO.
    Ujest - 140 Lore-master, Opun Tia – 107 Warden, Tummi - 105 Captain, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 66 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly – Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

and Star Citizen…

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf_TheOld View Post
    (my opinion, and I play these classes) of complexity—Lore-master, Warden, Minstrel, and Captain. Probably the easiest class is the Hunter.
    Just as an option, I do think there's a way of playing Loremaster that's very accessible- you can stand in one spot, send in your pet to get enemy attention, and select your skills to attack with minimal movement. But it does take a tactical mindset and an awareness of where enemies are.

Of course I agree with you that Hunter (especially red) is probably the easiest stand-still-and-click class.

Guardians are very durable and can pull camps full of bad guys without breaking a sweat. They can be slower to kill things than other classes, but you said you're OK with that, so I'd recommend a guardian for you. Good luck and welcome back!

Quote Originally Posted by Halphast View Post
    Just as an option, I do think there's a way of playing Loremaster that's very accessible- you can stand in one spot, send in your pet to get enemy attention, and select your skills to attack with minimal movement. But it does take a tactical mindset and an awareness of where enemies are.

Of course I agree with you that Hunter (especially red) is probably the easiest stand-still-and-click class.
    Yes, that is a method I use, round up 8 at a time, then nuke, but that may stop, will be needing new traceries soon.
    Ujest - 140 Lore-master, Opun Tia – 107 Warden, Tummi - 105 Captain, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 66 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly – Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

and Star Citizen…