We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Central Gondor Reflecting Pool

Is there a reflecting pool in Central Gondor? If not is there a way to repeat the Instance: Even In Darkness?

cdq1958 is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    I don't remember seeing one. I'll have to see if I can find one.

Update: the Reflecting Pool page on lotro-wiki does not have one listed for Central Gondor. There is one in/near Morlad, and I definitely remember seeing it; though that won't help you.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Quote Originally Posted by cdq1958 View Post
    I don't remember seeing one. I'll have to see if I can find one.

Update: the Reflecting Pool page on lotro-wiki does not have one listed for Central Gondor. There is one in/near Morlad, and I definitely remember seeing it; though that won't help you.
    The nice map site: http://dynmap.ruslotro.com

doesn't list a reflecting poolin Central Gondor, only in West G. just across the stream from Morlad.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Thumbs up

Okay. Thanks for confirming. I appreciate the responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Is there a reflecting pool in Central Gondor? If not is there a way to repeat the Instance: Even In Darkness?
    Question for you guys: would you like a reflecting pool in Central Gondor or would you rather that the one in Western Gondor give you access to later Gondor instances? I can do either, but I'm undecided whether it's cleaner to use the existing one or to have one in each geographic division of Gondor.

MoL

How about just one near a map location... I dont care where as long as I dont need to spend 20 minutes getting to it.
    "There are things that go bump in the night. We're the ones who bump back." -BPRD

Just one pool for the Gondor area is fine I think, having that in Morlad is still a bit odd to me as it's usually in or close to a main hub, in Gondor that would be Dol Amroth. But I'm used to that oddness now anyway

Leader of "The Gnomes" of Evernight.
    It's all about laughs and social gaming! Come join us at our discord!
    Recruitment is active

A relfecting pool in/near Dol Amroth would be a nice addition.

Thanks for popping in to the thread MoL! Always good to see a dev.
    lvl 105 Guardian | 105 Mini | 64 Hunter | 48 Warden | Lukiluk - r10 Warg | r6 Defiler | r6 WL

Twitch.tv/Arathaert | Youtube.com/ArathaertTV | Guardian Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Thranthir View Post
    ...having that in Morlad is still a bit odd to me as it's usually in or close to a main hub, in Gondor that would be Dol Amroth. But I'm used to that oddness now anyway
    In this case it was placed near Morlad so it would be close to the Paths of the Dead and Blackroot Vale for players hoping to easily access the two Fellowship versions of IV.1.2 and IV.1.12, but maybe that convenience is less important as we move futher east.

MoL

My opinion is that there's a lot of beautiful gardens in Dol Amroth where a reflecting pool would look really nice.

Since central gondor is a war zone and same with osgilliath, adding all the instances for them to west gondor pool would be fine for me.

Oh, and the morlad one is very much an inconvenience for anyone who is a premium player. I'm VIP, but I feel bad for them having to trek all the way up to morlad. lol
    Last edited by Leixy; Dec 05 2014 at 12:27 PM.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfLions View Post
    In this case it was placed near Morlad so it would be close to the Paths of the Dead and Blackroot Vale for players hoping to easily access the two Fellowship versions of IV.1.2 and IV.1.12, but maybe that convenience is less important as we move futher east.

MoL
    Each time I've used it, everyone has asked which stable they needed to go to, to get there from DA.
    So one with all at DA would be most intuitive I believe.
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

Please put the reflecting pool for central Gondor in Central Gondor. If it were in Morlad and I was located in Central Gondor. I would have to take two stables since I am not seeing a direct stable from Central gondor to Morlad.
    Silverlode Server

How about instead of caring what looks pretty, you invest the time fixing more basic and important things like lag all across the world. Reduced awareness in auction houses is not okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnhz View Post
    How about instead of caring what looks pretty, you invest the time fixing more basic and important things like lag all across the world. Reduced awareness in auction houses is not okay.
    It is not his job.

cdq1958 is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    I vote for having one in/near Linhir for Central Gondor. Getting to or from Morlad to Dol Amroth or other major hubs is easy enough; but I'd think it would be odd to have a Pool covering Central Gondor in Western Gondor.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanishi View Post
    How about just one near a map location... I dont care where as long as I dont need to spend 20 minutes getting to it.
    That's a great idea. Just one would be necessary, but have it near a hub. Humbly, I'd like to also ask that once we complete "The Dead Marshes", we would be able to access that area via the pool as well.

That last part might be a stretch, but having a reflecting pool in a hub close to a milestone and/or "port in area" would be great.

Lets be greedy, leave the Reflecting Pool in Morland, if you move it now it would cause confusion and it's handy for the Path of the Dead Quests.

Put a Second one in Central Gondor, say in Pelargir and give us a 'Return to Pelargir' skill to buy with our hard earned Central Gondor Silver Pieces.

Finally put all Gondor Quest instances in both Reflecting Pools..

Question Update 15.1

So was there a reflection pool added in update 15.1? I didn't see one and it looks like Morlad still only has the two old instances from west Gondor available. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    So was there a reflection pool added in update 15.1? I didn't see one and it looks like Morlad still only has the two old instances from west Gondor available. Am I missing something?
    Nope -- I've been looking into this for 15.2.

MoL

Nope -- I've been looking into this for 15.2.

MoL
    Okay. Thank you.

Question for you guys: would you like a reflecting pool in Central Gondor or would you rather that the one in Western Gondor give you access to later Gondor instances? I can do either, but I'm undecided whether it's cleaner to use the existing one or to have one in each geographic division of Gondor.

MoL
    I am inclined to ask for one pool in each district. My
    husband had a hproblem with a quest, and the GM who
    answered told him he would have to redo that quest
    and the one before it; and that the only reflecting pool
    for me to use was in Morlad. That's kind of far away from
    Ringlo Vale, even with Dol Amroth ports and swift travel.

In the end, we began the instance and when we got to
    the moment juste and my husband ported into the
    instance, Arvaethor suddenly appeared, showed a ring,
    and ported me into the instance.

Actually, that would be an even better mechanism than
    having Reflecting Pools here and there; but only if it
    would work for every instance. Failing that, I'd like
    a pool in every district, preferably within a few minutes'
    travel from a city with a stablemaster.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

We farmed the fellowship-version of Shadow in Morthond for Essences. And it does become a little annoying when you have to ride all the way from Rovalang back to the pool to start over. We usually left the instance through right klick on our avatars.

I guess the same would happen if you had a repeatable version of Even in Darkness. You would just come out at Aragorns camp and would have to travel back.

So for the travelling reasons it does not really matter to me, where the pool is. It's getting back there, if it's worth farming

As for having several pools all over Gondor, there are several thoughts on my mind:
    There is no reason to really stay in Pelargir right now. As beautiful as the city is, without a Bank or AH, it's not a place to stay. If this is going to be the same in future updates, Dol Amroth will remain the major hub until we reach Minas Tirith.

If you added a reflecting pool in Pelargir, I am sure, more people would travel there and admire the works. Plus, if worth farming, it would add to grouping up, which is always appreciated on my server. In that case, you would have to add a reflecting pool in every Epic Story Update.

My two suggestions would be:

1: Leave the pool in Morlad the way it is and add reflecting pools in Pelargir and in the bigger cities to come for the rest of Gondor. Even if there is only one quest for each pool. Then put a reflecting pool in Minas Tirith, from where all Epic instances from Gondor could be accessed.

or

2. Although it could cause confusion, move the pool to Dol Amroth and add the instances as they come. That way there would be one central reflecting pool for all of Gondor. I liked the suggestion about the beautiful gardens there.
    "Wer mit Ungeheuern kämpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein." - Friedrich Nietzsche, Jenseits von Gut und Böse
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche, "Beyond Good and Evil"

Thanks for the advice, everybody! Here's what I've done, and it should be in the next update.

#1) Created a new Reflecting Pool for Western Gondor. It can be found in the Court of the Prince, in Dol Amroth, in a grassy corner to the right of the Great Hall.

#2) Left the Reflecting Pool near Morlad alone, because of its convenience to the Blackroot Vale and the Paths of the Dead, and also in order to cut down on confusion for players who've gotten used to its location.

#3) Added many of the instances in Western Gondor to both Pools, since very few of them were originally in there. They now have 'Balakhor the Scourge' as well.

#4) Created a Reflecting Pool for Central Gondor. This one can be found in a small nook in Linhir, and it contains many of the Central Gondor instances, including 'Even In Darkness.'

Gondor is such a big kingdom that I think it makes sense for Reflecting Pools to serve each individual Region that comprises it, so the next geographic expanse we add will have its own Pool as well.

MoL

Quote Originally Posted by ArsSupervivendi View Post
    As for having several pools all over Gondor, there are several thoughts on my mind:
    There is no reason to really stay in Pelargir right now. As beautiful as the city is, without a Bank or AH, it's not a place to stay. If this is going to be the same in future updates, Dol Amroth will remain the major hub until we reach Minas Tirith.
    I'm not sure this is a bad thing. Right now, DA feels "busy" and "full of people". Spread out the people so that some of them are in DA and most of them are in Pelargir, and the world feels a bit emptier.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyGazebo View Post
    I'm not sure this is a bad thing. Right now, DA feels "busy" and "full of people". Spread out the people so that some of them are in DA and most of them are in Pelargir, and the world feels a bit emptier.
    People will not be Pelargir because there are no services in there like Vault, AH. In my opinion Pelargir is useless in it's current configuration other then to visit to do your dailies or to go see reputation vendor.
    Silverlode Server

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast