We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 105 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: World Transfers

World Transfers

Greetings Citizens of Middle-Earth!

We are finally ready to reveal the details on the new World Transfer process, the consolidation of LOTRO's worlds, and their movement to a brand new data center. We appreciate your patience as we have worked to make the new transfer process as well-rounded, simple, and effortless as possible. The first part of this article will discuss our timeline and the second part will go over the details of the new transfer features themselves. So grab a goblet of Elvish Wine and kick back, because this will be a long one. Read more.

Quote Originally Posted by Frelorn View Post
    Greetings Citizens of Middle-Earth!

We are finally ready to reveal the details on the new World Transfer process, the consolidation of LOTRO's worlds, and their movement to a brand new data center. We appreciate your patience as we have worked to make the new transfer process as well-rounded, simple, and effortless as possible. The first part of this article will discuss our timeline and the second part will go over the details of the new transfer features themselves. So grab a goblet of Elvish Wine and kick back, because this will be a long one. Read more.
    Thanks so much for this update Frelorn! Hopefully the list of worlds closing will be available soon, I didn't realize so many were closing and I know lots of us are nervous about our servers being one of the ones to close.
    Gwinthilnel: Elleth Hunter lvl 140~~~Hadniel: Woman Minstrel lvl 115~~~Gwynduilas: High Elleth Captain lvl 62 ~~~Gwindethen: Elleth Runekeeper lvl 28
    Kin: The Cliff Divers
    Evernight

Wow, if I understand it correctly, we will go down to 5 EU servers, and of those at least 2 will be French or German? And how will this work for RP/non RP servers?

Quote Originally Posted by Frebor View Post
    Wow, if I understand it correctly, we will go down to 5 EU servers, and of those at least 2 will be French or German? And how will this work for RP/non RP servers?
    Where did you see this in the article?
    Gwinthilnel: Elleth Hunter lvl 140~~~Hadniel: Woman Minstrel lvl 115~~~Gwynduilas: High Elleth Captain lvl 62 ~~~Gwindethen: Elleth Runekeeper lvl 28
    Kin: The Cliff Divers
    Evernight

cdq1958 is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by katia0203 View Post
    Read this: https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articles/world-transfers. 5 EU and 5 NA servers to remain, and that's said in the third paragraph under the Timeline heading.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Any notion of when Brandywine will be transferred to the new tech?

Theodhelm - Captain | Junkyard - Stalker
    Previously from ~Elendilmir Server~ the [Jewelled Bell] of servers
    ~Arkenstone~
    ~Misadventurers~

Beginning August 3rd the service will be available for copying characters to the Bullroarer Test World and for free moves between the ten worlds (5 US and 5 EU) that will be remaining available after the end of this year. This is just the beginning of the process.

And EU also has the German and French worlds afaik.

I hope it will be:

1 EN RP
    1 EN
    1 DE
    1 FR
    Last one can be EN or DE RP as well I guess, I thought they had quite a playerbase?

Thank you for such enlightening information

I have noticed a possible exploit which is to immediately create as many characters you can on all the worlds before August 3rd in order to get the goodie box. Please may I humbly suggest that you discourage such greed!

Thanks for finally being able to share all this information!

One thing I'd really like to know - and probably lots of other EU players - is when the servers will finally be relocated to Amsterdam. Any word on that timeline?

the closure numbers are exactly as i expected

so my guess for remaining NA

Brandywine
    Gladden
    Landoval
    Crickhollow
    *unknown*

EU Snowbourn, laurlin,*unknown* then the largest of french and german

The only bit confirmed in the article was 5 US and 5 EU - as far as I can see there was no confirmation of how many French/German servers there would be.

At a guess, on the EU side of things, I'd assume that Laurelin, as the RP server with a massive population, will stay, as will one French and one German server. That leaves two spots - Evernight has been recommended server for ages, so it would be odd to close that, as some people will inevitably be lost in the transfer, but I'm not sure which other server would come too.

As for the US servers, Frelorn all but confirmed that Brandywine was staying, and they seem unlikely to close a server that has such a significant RP community as Landroval, but as for the other three, I couldn't guess.

So, overall, the servers I would think likely to stay open are:

US:
    Brandywine
    Landroval
    (three others)

EU:
    Laurelin
    Evernight
    One German server
    One French server
    Another EN server

However, just to say, this is all based on supposition - I don't know any more than is in this article!
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

I'm currently on a "EU" server although I in live in the US. When I chose a server, it didn't say that, in other words, it wasn't an EU server...it was assigned that at a later date. The way I read the article, I can't transfer to a US server. Is that correct?

Is the physical location of the servers being moved?

Quote Originally Posted by Raenwhyte View Post
    I'm currently on a "EU" server although in live in the US. When I chose a server, it didn't say that, in other words, it wasn't an EU server...it was assigned that at a later date. The way I read the article, I can't transfer to a US server. Is that correct?

Is the physical location of the servers being moved?
    Yea, this is a problem that a lot of people have complained about, but unfortunately there's nothing that can be done - you can't transfer to a US server.

And the physical location of the US servers is being moved further west (as I understand it), while the EU servers are being moved to Amsterdam.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

We are still resolving timelines on moving the worlds to new tech but it is looking like we should be moved over in the next 2-3 months. I will give a better timeline once I have it.

5 US and 5 EU is correct. In our selection we will have one RP per region (EU & US) and one world per language (DE, FR and ENG).

Quote Originally Posted by Richardrobins1986 View Post
    the closure numbers are exactly as i expected

so my guess for remaining NA

Brandywine
    Gladden
    Landoval
    Crickhollow
    *unknown*

EU Snowbourn, laurlin,*unknown* then the largest of french and german
    I am not surprised at 10 closures on the NA side and 9 on the EU side, though I was hoping for fewer closures. I also have no idea which will be number 5 with certainty, but right now, but it is likely one of: Arkenstone, Elendilmir, Meneldor, Silverlode, or Windfola, based on the 'feel' I got while scouting.

I think the German RP server will survive, though being wrong would not be a surprise.

Update, well that didn't take long. Bad call on the survival of one the RP servers.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).

Quote Originally Posted by Vyvyanne View Post
    We are still resolving timelines on moving the worlds to new tech but it is looking like we should be moved over in the next 2-3 months. I will give a better timeline once I have it.

5 US and 5 EU is correct. In our selection we will have one RP per region (EU & US) and one world per language (DE, FR and ENG).
    So it's possible that transfers to Brandywine won't open up till you revert back to the pay per transfer mode?

Theodhelm - Captain | Junkyard - Stalker
    Previously from ~Elendilmir Server~ the [Jewelled Bell] of servers
    ~Arkenstone~
    ~Misadventurers~

Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    Yea, this is a problem that a lot of people have complained about, but unfortunately there's nothing that can be done - you can't transfer to a US server.

And the physical location of the US servers is being moved further west (as I understand it), while the EU servers are being moved to Amsterdam.
    Well I guess I'm done then......

Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post

West? I thought they were being moved south, from Boston to New Jersey. That'll cut 10ms off my ping, at least.

So that's a yes for Landroval and Laurelin?

Question

So if my main is at Laurelin as a kin leader then I don't need to do anything during merge? We do not consider leaving.I'm a bit confused
    Last edited by Nimnaur; Jul 27 2015 at 02:31 PM.
    Laurelin Since 2011

Quote Originally Posted by cdq1958 View Post
    West? I thought they were being moved south, from Boston to New Jersey. That'll cut 10ms off my ping, at least.
    The location part here is correct.

One thing I'd be interested in. What is the policy depending on name-conflicts, if there are two or more characters with the same name and the corresponding accounts are all active?

Can you clarify that for EU servers, it will be two EN servers (in addition to the EU RP server), rather than just one DE, one FR and one EN, plus the EU RP? - as that only makes 4 EU servers

Quote Originally Posted by cdq1958 View Post
    My American geography is poor, apologies

Quote Originally Posted by Thego View Post
    One thing I'd be interested in. What is the policy depending on name-conflicts, if there are two or more characters with the same name and the corresponding accounts are all active?
    when you transfer your character to a new world, the world will check to see if there is a naming conflict. If there is, it will grant the name to the incoming character if the character existing on the world has not been active for one year or more. The less active character will have a -1 added to their name and a rename token granted to the character

Page 1 of 105 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast