We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 15 of 105 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 65 ... LastLast

Thread: World Transfers

Vyv,

I have reserved my kinship's name on other servers. If we need to move, will I be able to disband that kinship and then immediately move and recreate the name?

Can we please have DE-RP and DE?
    I do not want to decide between "lots of other languages on my server" and "lots of stupid names on my server"
    I want none. That means, i want to play on DE-RP. Not on DE without RP. And not on EU-RP!
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

CaerArianrhod is offline Rohirrim Scout
    Guardian of Erebrandir's Horseshoe's Secret
    Trainer of the Rabbits
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyvyanne View Post
    5 US and 5 EU is correct. In our selection we will have one RP per region (EU & US) and one world per language (DE, FR and ENG).
    Can you explain please, wat do you mean exactly?

One RP-Server for the EU??? It would mean we will have French, German and English on the same single RP-Server?!?!?
    If so: 1 RP-Server + 1 French + 1 German + 1 English = 4 servers, not 5
    If not so: 1 DE-RP + 1 DE + 1 EN-RP + 1 EN + 1 FR-RP + 1 FR = 6 servers, not 5.

Quote Originally Posted by ertr View Post
    There are six German and six English EU servers. (And two French.) The German servers seem to be about equally busy as the English ones.
    I expect the end result for the EU servers to be two German, two English, and one French.
    Well, my thoughts as well.
    Thank you, Turbine, for listening and giving us an opt-out of FE! Good work!

What will happen with available housing? When people start moving servers, it's quite likely that we'll run short quickly on housing - are there any plans to open new neighborhoods for people?

Quote Originally Posted by kickman77 View Post
    Ok it may sound silly but I ask than for those in the know...

If naming were enforced.. I know Kickman would be a change

But what about Aalderan... A jedi name and if you read his bio there is a reason he is in Middle Earth
    Same with my Toon Voldeemort and Ineego Montoya.. I rp these toons when I play them to the best of my ability and try to stay in character but they do not seem to be ME rp names so would there be an issue if I moved these to a rp server.

I am trying to be as informed as possible and raise as many questions as possible so this transisition is easier for my Kin and I.

Thanks
    '
    names like those you wrote are likely to get renamed too if others report them, that is if you choose Laurelin as destination, with the set of unique rules for rp. And as going around rping as the very same character... well you are playing lotro, not swtor, Harry potter online or a racing game. rping them by yourself is fine, for your own fun. but if you try to rp this characters with others on any rp server... I highly doubt your toons will be accepted by the local rp community. This is just my personal opinion.

Will all items in chest of standard and kin house transfer to the new server or do I have to put them in a vault in order to prevent them from being deleted?
    - Second Marshall Battalion-1 ( Currently Semi-retired from Lotro )

Quote Originally Posted by Casilune View Post
    What will happen with available housing? When people start moving servers, it's quite likely that we'll run short quickly on housing - are there any plans to open new neighborhoods for people?
    Vyvyanne said in an earlier post that they've surveyed the existing neighborhoods and there is plenty of open housing at the moment, but that more neighborhoods can be added if needed.

It sounds like the best bet would be to go through your housing and have characters take items bound to them out and added to personal storage.

Quote Originally Posted by Casilune View Post
    The Great House Foreclosure last year opened up a huge number of houses, even on Brandywine, where the system was completely out of neighborhoods to open at that time. I very seriously doubt there will be issues now, as even some folks who took action to retain houses at that time may not be active in-game any longer. There could possibly be a pinch on Deluxe Houses, but the housing modifications have made the benefits of a Deluxe House much less significant (the Standard House vault can be expanded to match the Deluxe House vault now; the only benefit are the extra yard & inside 'hooks').
    Be well and good questing, all! See you about Middle Earth another time!

Quote Originally Posted by Mnemesis View Post
    Vyv,

I have reserved my kinship's name on other servers. If we need to move, will I be able to disband that kinship and then immediately move and recreate the name?
    It might not be immediate...it takes some time to delete info and free up from the servers, but yes it should free up within a few minutes.

Question about names

Vyv,

If i have a -1 on my account already am i stuck with it? If so would i be able to transfer off and back to get rid of the -1? When I transferred originally the other person had not logged in for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    Can we please have DE-RP and DE?
    I do not want to decide between "lots of other languages on my server" and "lots of stupid names on my server"
    I want none. That means, i want to play on DE-RP. Not on DE without RP. And not on EU-RP!
    And I want to play on EN-RP - doesn't mean I'll get it. They've said there'll be one RP server. We'll all need to get used to other languages. it's not so hard; we've been doing just that on Laurelin for years.

3. What happens to a bound item in a Kinhouse from a character that has been deleted or already transferred? Items in this case will be deleted as the owner of the item no longer exists so there is no location to assign that item. If the Kinleader moves before the owner of the bound item moves and the owner has not been deleted, then the item will be placed in the owner's housing escrow account.

To be safe, perhaps kin leaders should go through their kin house prior to their transfer/kin disband and use the Return to Owner button instead of relying on an automated process? I've had issues in the past with some housing items, especially items that were bound in the past but were stealth-converted by Turbine to unbound.

Also, it would be extremely helpful if the tooltip shown when mousing over a slotted and bound housing item stated "Bound to char_name" instead of just "Bound". I don't keep in-depth records of who put what item in which housing slot over the years.
    Last edited by Thoroval; Jul 28 2015 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatter_of_Bree View Post
    Well, my thoughts as well.
    I totally hope for DE, DE-RP, EN, EN-RP and FR(-RP). Much better than DE, FR, EN, EU-RP and EU-allotherlanguages
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Quote Originally Posted by Thoroval View Post
    To be safe, perhaps kin leaders should go through their kin house prior to their transfer/kin disband and use the Return to Owner button instead of relying on an automated process? I've had issues in the past with some housing items, especially items that were bound in the past but were stealth-converted by Turbine to unbound.

Also, it would be extremely helpful if the tooltip shown when mousing over a slotted and bound housing item stated "Bound to char_name" instead of just "Bound". I don't keep in-depth records of who put what item in which housing slot over the years.
    I agree, if the system knows enough to tell you that's it bound to someone else if you try to move it, it should be able to go the extra step and tell you who it is bound to.

Ok so catching up on the thread since I headed out last night. Here are some additional clarifications:

4. Transfer of Reaver (or other Monster characters): You can have multiples of one type in cases of transfer of monster characters. In this case you should find a small drop down arrow next to that monster type that will give you a selection of Reavers (or other types) to choose from
    Thanks for continuing to answer questions.

Regarding creep transfers, will I be able to transfer my creeps to different servers without necessarily doing anything with my freeps? Or do the creeps need to be transferred to a server where I already have a freep due to the level 10 requirement?

Also, I'm not clear on whether anyone can transfer regardless of server. If the server I'm on stays open, can I still transfer to one of the other 4 open servers during the free transfer period?

Thank you!
    Arkenstone
    Homer - min
    Goo - burg
    Boppa - brawler

cdq1958 is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoroval View Post

Hmm, mine will often show 1. Bound, 2. Bound to a character, 3. Bound to Account, 4. Bound to Other Account, or 5. Not Bound (that is, no Bound shown).

Like you, I have not kept detailed records. I made a bunch of storage alts to hold stuff for the transfers, just in case. That might not be necessary, though, when everything has been finalized.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    I totally hope for DE, DE-RP, EN, EN-RP and FR(-RP). Much better than DE, FR, EN, EU-RP and EU-allotherlanguages
    I think you're failing to take into account that EN EU servers aren't just for those with English as their first language - my kin, although it has a significant population from the UK, has an equally sized Dutch contingent, as well as several from Serbia, Finland, Sweden etc. Our server also has a large Spanish community, and since the Russian servers closed, a Russian community too. You say that there should be an 'EU-allotherlanguages', but that smacks of ignorance of what things are actually like on an EN server.

The reason why I believe that the remaining EU servers should be EN-RP, DE, FR, EN and EN is because there is such a significant number of players that originally chose to come on to EN servers, rather than DE and FR, that there will be a significant overload if all non-DE and FR, and non-RPers end up on one server, that we may end up in the horrible situation of having as many players as Brandywine, and being unable to move for the lag. While, if there were 6 servers staying, I'd recommend a DE-RP server in addition, I don't think its likely.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

Quote Originally Posted by thebravecaptain247 View Post
    Will all items in chest of standard and kin house transfer to the new server or do I have to put them in a vault in order to prevent them from being deleted?
    Does anyone know the answer to this?
    - Second Marshall Battalion-1 ( Currently Semi-retired from Lotro )

Quote Originally Posted by thebravecaptain247 View Post
    Does anyone know the answer to this?
    Yes. The only exception is Bound items for which the owner character no longer exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Boskone08 View Post
    The Great House Foreclosure last year opened up a huge number of houses, even on Brandywine, where the system was completely out of neighborhoods to open at that time. I very seriously doubt there will be issues now, as even some folks who took action to retain houses at that time may not be active in-game any longer. There could possibly be a pinch on Deluxe Houses, but the housing modifications have made the benefits of a Deluxe House much less significant (the Standard House vault can be expanded to match the Deluxe House vault now; the only benefit are the extra yard & inside 'hooks').
    Wouldn't the larger number of hooks = 99.9% of the benefits of the larger house??

I wonder if this 'survey of free housing' included the deluxe houses or just the little shacks that no one wants or will ever want?

Quote Originally Posted by ElanorFb View Post
    Wouldn't the larger number of hooks = 99.9% of the benefits of the larger house??

I wonder if this 'survey of free housing' included the deluxe houses or just the little shacks that no one wants or will ever want?
    In Recent Times (since the Great Foreclosure, as I recall), yes, but in Ancient Times, the Deluxe House could hold twice the chests as the Standard House (and the Kin House, three times as many), and those chests could not be expanded. Things have changed over time, they have...

As for house types, a quick check on the M Delving housing area on Brandywine (the highest-pop server by far) indicated about 30% (about 600) of the Deluxe Houses to be currently available. That will vary with specific addresses, but some (not many, but some) neighborhoods had all 8 Deluxe houses still available and quite a few more had 7, others had none or only 1. Thorin's Hall looked to be over 50% available, but Breeland looked to have fewer Deluxe houses available (maybe 15-20%, and no neighborhoods will all Deluxe Houses available).
    Last edited by Boskone08; Jul 28 2015 at 04:24 PM.
    Be well and good questing, all! See you about Middle Earth another time!

Ok so catching up on the thread since I headed out last night. Here are some additional clarifications:
    [EDIT: these questions were made largely moot once I re-read the World Transfers article and realised that I had not previously scrolled to the next screen of details]
    A few simple questions for which I have not seen clear answers or have found conflicting information:

1. Will the free transfers be available to *everyone*? (Or only for those who are being evicted from their current worlds?)
    2. Will *all* of the worlds that are to remain open accept incoming transfers? (Or will some not be allowed as destinations for free transfers?)
    3. If the answer to either of those two is "no", will the pay transfers lack those restrictions?
    4. If so, will pay transfers be available for purchase *before* the end of the free-transfer period?
    Last edited by Halgoreth; Jul 29 2015 at 11:23 AM. Reason: I read the new World Transfers article that answered one of my questions.

Many of my kin want to transfer to snowbourne but one of our ex-kinnies set up a kin with the exact same name as ours over there to stop us from being able to go there in the server merge. His kin is almost empty, maybe 1 or 2 people in. Ours is big and active. If our kin leader transfers our kin over there, what happens with our really well-known kin name?

Page 15 of 105 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 65 ... LastLast