We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

opening store crashes game

hi, been playing quite some time and have not had this issue before..
    for the last 2 or 3 days if i try to open the ingame store, my game crashes to desktop.
    any one had this happen and know how to correct?.
    thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by istelir View Post
    for the last 2 or 3 days if i try to open the ingame store, my game crashes to desktop.
    thank you.

Yes, I have found this to be a consistent way to close the client as well. Usually it is an immediate crash, before the store even finishes loading, but once so far, it survived long enough to search for a cosmetic item before crashing.

No one else is experiencing this? I wonder if it's limited to OS, though I've never had this problem before this week (probably starting with the mystery client patch).
    Running XP 32 here. I'd think fixing this would be among highest priority -- can't get into store, can't spend currencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Saerafin View Post
    No one else is experiencing this? I wonder if it's limited to OS, though I've never had this problem before this week (probably starting with the mystery client patch).
    Running XP 32 here. I'd think fixing this would be among highest priority -- can't get into store, can't spend currencies.
    Just started happening to me tonite. Crashes before loading. I have been having problems with game crashes all week entering buildings or on combat mount, mostly.

I did the configuration changes on the forum and it slowed the crashes down but now the Lotro store causes crashes.

Running Win XP Pro DDR3 1333Hmz 4gb Nvidia Evga 210 graphics card with 11024Mb RAM

Could it be that the Awesomium library is not allowed to contact the 'net by your firewall?

Greetings, Polymachos
    Räuberhöhle auf Belegaer, Breelandsiedlung, Ochsbott, Lange Straße 5. Vorsicht, Fallen!
    Awkward Anomalities Arena in Breeland Homesteads, 6 Long Street, Ersward (Landroval) - Elderslade under attack!

Scared people tend to follow the flock, no matter which shepherd it has

The same issue on this thread. With a Vyvyanne post, but no fix.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...won-t-load-(2)

Quote Originally Posted by istelir View Post
    thank you.
    Perhaps your wallet is trying to tell you something

We are aware of a conflict between Win XP and Awesonium (which is what we use for the store browser). Unfortunately as Microsoft no longer supports Win XP there is little we can do to fix this with that OS. We can only recommend upgrading to a newer Operating System as the lack of support from Microsoft on XP means you will start running into problems in other programs as well if you haven't already.

We will be updating our minimum specs soon to reflect this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyvyanne View Post
    We are aware of a conflict between Win XP and Awesonium (which is what we use for the store browser). Unfortunately as Microsoft no longer supports Win XP there is little we can do to fix this with that OS. We can only recommend upgrading to a newer Operating System as the lack of support from Microsoft on XP means you will start running into problems in other programs as well if you haven't already.

^^There ya have it. Stop using outdated OS. Just because it runs doesnt mean it will be supported forever. Get with the times.
    Captain-General Ughidontknow...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day

Windows XP was released in 2001..... and is FIFTEEN YEARS old.... Yeah, people really need to stop using antiquated OS-es like that.

Thing is: When Microsoft stops support on an OS, that also means that companies that create software - such as Turbine and the creators of Awesomium - cannot get support from Microsoft either. And since official support for Windows XP was ended THREE YEARS ago.... yeah, these things will happen. And they will happen more and more.

People need to stop using Windows XP. And really, stop using Windows Vista too.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    //...
    since official support for Windows XP was ended THREE YEARS ago....
    //...
    People need to stop using Windows XP. And really, stop using Windows Vista too.
    XP support ended on April 8, 2014 but Vista is still OK : http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/lifecycle

Thundertrain is offline Silently Judging Your Spelling and Grammar
    Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    XP support ended on April 8, 2014 but Vista is still OK : http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/lifecycle
    Vista was never okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride_the_Train View Post
    Vista was never okay.

Drinks Coffee All Day
    Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    Okay, so almost 2 years. Either way, Windows XP is antiquated.

To give you an idea, THIS was a very common cell phone in the year Windows XP was released....

And if you wanted something with "smart" capabilities - you would have to pay $800 for something like this:

In the year Windows XP was released, THIS was it's major competition:

And people were still using THIS to record television when Windows XP was first released.....

Yeah. I think it's time to upgrade.
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Aww... Berating someone because they have an older computer is not kind. I've been in positions before where I could not run the best stuff because of my OS. Some folks do the best they can with what they have. It sounds like they can still play, but they cannot use the store. That'd be a pain, but some folks in some parts of the world cannot just update the way others can. I played a XP version of LOTRO for a long time, it was the best I could do right then. Don't be so smug until you've played in their chair...

Just my two cents, your mileage may vary.

Enjoy the day, and the game, everyone... Blunte

Drinks Coffee All Day
    Quote Originally Posted by Blunte View Post
    Aww... Berating someone because they have an older computer is not kind.
    Windows 7 was released in 2009, and runs perfectly on hardware released the 2 years before that date.... Considering the changes to the game, it's very likely that he doesn't have that old an computer, or he would not be able to even run the game, especially not after Mirkwood, when the graphics got a little more intense.

It's very likely he has a newer machine, and did not want to pay for Windows 7, or "shunned" Windows 7 for some reason and installed an old, antiquated, obsolete OS on his newer machine.
    -----

Using XP on a machine that doesn't have a connection to the internet isn't an issue, but using one that has an internet connection is strongly discouraged, because of security risks/ high chances your computer will be infected with virus/ be part of a botnet.
    Server: Evernight

Main: Thrabath - Champion - Lvl 120; Thramhir - Minstrel - Lvl 116

Incompetence, more likely. Break something, then blame the user. If you work in the field, you know well enough there's always a way, if you have the know-how.

As if I'd buy a new pc for one game. Only when it's necessary and justified. What percentage of players are still using solid old XP boxes, I wonder?

An update to folks with this issue. There is a new version of Awesonium which may correct this issue. We are working on integration now and should have it out with the next update or patch.

I'm using Wine (on Linux), and configured it to emulate Windows 7. Store started to crash around a week ago. I tried to update underlying libraries and such, but no luck so far.

Glad to hear it; will believe it when I see it (no offense).

There's always a way.

An update to folks with this issue. There is a new version of Awesonium which may correct this issue. We are working on integration now and should have it out with the next update or patch.
    That's good news for those affected, and surprising given the finality of your last post on the matter. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Saerafin View Post
    Glad to hear it; will believe it when I see it (no offense).

There's always a way.
    Yes, there is always a way. The easiest and most long-term fix is update your OS.

If that's the route you seek, that's certainly your right. Every other game I play runs fine, though, so it's difficult to justify taking money from family expenses (home, feeding child, etc) for one game that works fine but for such a reason (the browser working two weeks ago and busted a week later). My PC cannot have the OS updated due to hardware limitations (HD, memory, available slots, etc; not hard to believe considering the era of WinXP systems). If you'd like to buy me a new PC, though, I'd be most grateful. Or anyone else, for that matter. We can arrange a way for you to send me the money. A grand or so should do.

I assume that once Turbine considered the number of XP users limping along among their fan base being unable to spend in the store, the issue gained the priority it should have had from the start.
    Last edited by Saerafin; Mar 03 2016 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenusG View Post
    That's good news for those affected, and surprising given the finality of your last post on the matter. Thanks.
    Keep in mind, the in-game store is a multi-body problem.

The Store is run by Xsolla.
    The in-game display is provided by Awesomium.
    Awesomonium is (more or less, as it is open-source) provided by Google.
    It is up to the Awesomonium volunteers to determine if they will fix whatever the problem is to run (or continue to run) with XP.

And then Turbine has to integrate the (new/patched) Awesomium into the LOTRO distribution.

It is always satisfying to say "well it worked last week, but it doesn't this week."
    However, in cloud-based (we used to call them network based) solutions, there are MANY things which are related to communications that change minute-by-minute with the Internet.
    Unlike two tin-cans with string, the Internet is a CONNECTIONLESS environment. The path your packets take this moment, is not necessarily the same path they will take in the next.
    That is how the Internet is designed, built and operates.
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden
    Sr. Editor LOTRO-Wiki.com

Val - Man Minstrel (108)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (71)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (120)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (107)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (71)
    Valanne - Beorning (105)