We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Questions about clarifications about anniversary gifts...

I had some of these same questions and concerns last year (and maybe the year before), but never really got clear answers on how everything works. Maybe having the questions in one spot to be discussed and cleared up would be helpful.

1. Has it always been that you need to log in during the anniversary in order to be eligible for the gift that year to "count"?

I made my account back at the start of 2008, so I am only on 12 years af far as the anniversary is concerned. I think there have been years, however, when I was either not actively playing or too busy to log in for the anniversary event. So if logging in during the event was needed for it to count, I should not be getting year 12 now, but I am. Did this change in the past few years?

2. What is the anniversary gift period that runs from 4/23/2020 until 4/1/2021 for?

This was listed for last year's gift as well and ran until 4/1/2020. I asked last year if that meant all of your characters needed to log in and get the gift before the following anniversary and never received clarification on it. Testing now, though, a new character I made 10 minutes ago received gift boxes from year 1 all the way to year 12, so I did not have to log in before April 1 to get last year's.

3. Will new characters receive the account-wide Anniversary Celebration Pig even after the anniversary period?

I have logged in a few of my characters to get the Anniversary Celebration Pig skill, but do I need to log ALL of them in to get it now? If I log one in after the anniversary or create a new character after, will the skill still be granted since it is account-wide?

Questions that need answers. I am not as wise on such matters as others but do I believe your questions can be answered to your satisfaction. My question is will the Anniversary Celebration Pig be returning as a reward for those who are VIP immediately before and during the festival or will there possibly be some other reward?

istvana is offline Legendary forums 1st poster
    Please don't use that horrible colour for your questions - it is very hard for some of us to read.

As far as I know there is no need to log in during the anniversary event to get anything but anniversary *festival* rewards which have nothing to do with the gift for having played X years.

The one year periods for receiving the play X years gift are for any character on the account to log in. Assuming that is still applicable I don't recall if I have ever gone a full year without logging in at all.

The answers can be a bit complicated due to history, but:

1. Has it always been that you need to log in during the anniversary in order to be eligible for the gift that year to "count"?

The answer is yes, but the way the system awards gifts has changed several times over the years. Up to a certain year it procced based on time since account creation, but after about Year 9 it began incrementing based on the last annual check of your account, and gives you the next in line. So, if you picked up Year 12 last year, you will get Year 13 this year, etc. Yes, though, you DO need to log into the game at least once during the year in order to increment your award and pick up the annual gift. The awards are account-based, so once you log into one of your characters it will increment for the account and put that year's reward on your account.

2. What is the anniversary gift period that runs from 4/23/2020 until 4/1/2021 for?

That was for last year's anniversary reward period. Anyone who logged in during that time received an award based on the system, and incremented their year. You have close to a full year to claim the anniversary reward for that year.

3. Will new characters receive the account-wide Anniversary Celebration Pig even after the anniversary period?

As long as the account has reached the Year 13 milestone then yes, the skill should be available on all characters on your account.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post

As long as the account has reached the Year 13 milestone then yes, the skill should be available on all characters on your account.
    https://lotro.com/en/game/articles/13th-anniversary

Thanks Cord, I found this helpful, but my question was in regards to the 'Anniversary Celebration Pig' for being VIP during the festival, not the other 'Mysterious Celebration Pig' that is in the 13th Anniversary box. Here an oink, there an oink, everywhere an oink oink!

Quote Originally Posted by EricofWildwood View Post
    https://lotro.com/en/game/articles/13th-anniversary

Thanks Cord, I found this helpful, but my question was in regards to the 'Anniversary Celebration Pig' for being VIP during the festival, not the other 'Mysterious Celebration Pig' that is in the 13th Anniversary box. Here an oink, there an oink, everywhere an oink oink!
    Ah sorry. That VIP log in pet was only available during that time frame.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Funny... I log in every day, but haven't received the awards.
    No biggie; they're just fluff.
    Beware of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup.

Whats fun, next year it'll all change again!

I got 13 years of 15, I get 13 anny boxes. Missed most of events, since..you know Spring time. Go Outside Time!

I had up to 7 years on frames, (since I was gone for year came back, gone for year...so missed out) I think now, I got 12 year frame, but it skips over 9 and 11. Which is weird, cause I was gone a good 2 years. XD

Sadly last year Nov, was 1st year I didnt get B-day Email. T_T (No one I know rarely remembers, but LotrO does. XD)
    Capcom Stalker...
    English is not my 1st Language... So shhhh!