We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thumbs up DBS BlackSheep -

Recruitment Status: Always OPEN
    Kinship Rank: 10 (We've been around since Closed Beta)
    Kinship House: 1 High Road, Mellinch, Bree-Land Homesteads
    my.lotro.com page: DBS BlackSheep

______________________________ ______________________________ __

Age requirement: None. We do not restrict on the basis of age.

That said, we are mainly an adult kinship with a median age of 35. We have members whose ages range from 15 to 70 and everyone gets along just fine.
    Note: 'Adult' to us means mature and responsible. Not 'we swear like drunken sailors at every opportunity'. Kin and Voice Chat are PG-13.

How to Join: We don't have an application and we don't require interviews. All we ask is you read our Rules. If you agree, Just send a PM here or Request an invitation on our forums.

What we expect:

FUN!
    This is a game remember? And games are supposed to be fun. This is our #1 goal and has been for nearly a decade.

Respect
    If you feel you deserve respect, then remember every person you meet is equally deserving. Whether a member of this kin or not.

What we offer
    • Fun, Family friendly atmosphere
    • In and out of game friendships
    • Anual Real life Get togethers (GT09 is in two weeks!)
    • Crafters in every discipline. If you need it, odds are a kinnie can make it.
    • A Centrally located (Bree) Kin House
    • Community Property Chests open to all members.
    • Over 280 members with over 650 toons of all levels to help out with quests or just chat.
    • Weekly Scheduled (Helegrod, Rift, Vile Maw, Turtle) and unscheduled (CD, URU, BG, Moria) Raids
    • Moria 6 and 3 man instance runs
    • Regular Epic Book runs (Both Vol 1 and Vol 2)
    • Regular Ettenmoors events (creep and freep)
    • Kinship events geared for all levels. Scavenger hunts, Freeze tag, Fun runs and more!
    • Ventrilo (Optional)
    • Active forums
    • Kinship Portal with Character Management for all members

What you will never find here
    • Forced participation
    • Play requirements
    • Elitism
    • An empty Kin. We have members around the world. We never sleep.

A little About us:
    We'll be celebrating our 8th Anniversary in June 2009! We've been in LOTRO since closed beta, and our members have experience in a number of games including FFXI, Eve, SWG, EQ2, WoW, EQ, DAoC, and even MxO (yeah we know). And many FPS games as well.

Our kinmates are our friends. We're made up of IRL families, friends and co-workers, friends who met in game and became IRL friends. We share Holidays and special events together, in game and out of game, whenever we can.

A new guild member on day one is treated no differently than a long time vet. We'll pick on you just as much

Questions? Contact an officer : Airamis, Airstophanes, Dagazs, Verem, Justis, Tamandra, Zaladin, Budbundy, Quen, Tyrandir, Adoros, Nairne, Redsquall, Kreshnek, Patswin, Hathaway, Marilor, Galil, Kreshnek, Jenevieve, Wylder, Adoros, Fereleth, Oliacien, Thomathir, Sasil, Rohon, Torasin, Kamryn Shougman, Spacehamster.

You can reach us in game by Joining our custom chat channel DBS. just use /joinchannel DBS and say hey!
    Last edited by DBSRick; Apr 19 2009 at 10:37 AM.

Re: DBS BlackSheep - New Members Always Welcome

Current needs:

Minstrels: All levels
    Champions All Levels
    Last edited by DBSRick; Dec 10 2007 at 10:30 AM.

A cheap plug for our GM crafters.

We now have 20 GM level crafters covering all vocations. If you need something made, whether a member of our kin or not, talk to one of our GM crafters. They're usually more than happy to take work orders.

http://www.digitalbackspin.com/forum...showtopic=7243
    Last edited by DBSRick; Dec 11 2007 at 12:30 PM.

If you are a Minstrel or a Guardian looking for a friendly kin that raids weekly, runs rough shod over the ettenmoors (yes, Justis and Budbundy are our fault, sorry creeps), and just has a lot of fun (see our forums for a christmas eve IRL video we're all deeply ashamed of), we're looking for YOU!

Any and all jobs and levels are welcome to join, but if you happen to be a level 45+ Guardian or Minstrel, there may be pie involved.

We could really use a few more 45+ minstrels. If you're looking for a fun, family friendly kinship and would like to raid occasionally, look us up!

As always, any job and any level is welcome at any time.

And the need of the month is....

LORE MASTER

If you're looking for a home for your Lore master, especially if you're ready for high end content, look us up. We could use a few good book worms

As Always, we welcome any level and any job. This just happens to be #1 on the 'need' list this time around.

Is a lowly 19 Burglar welcome?

Quote Originally Posted by Fergrim View Post
    Is a lowly 19 Burglar welcome?
    Always!

Last Friday was "Chicken Raid" day

16 of us cleared most of Archet and a few mobs in the Chetwood.

'Raiding' doesn't always have to be serious
    Last edited by DBSRick; May 07 2008 at 11:30 AM.

The flavor of the week is....

CAPTAIN.

If you're a captain looking for a kin, come talk to us.

Of course, if you have several toons and one happens to be a Captain, you're um.... 'all' welcome

As Always, we're accepting any and all jobs and levels, we just happen to have a specific need at the moment for Captains.

Effective Immediately all new Recruits will recieve a shiny new Lebethron Fishing pole!

Crafted by yours truly.

Have any room for a 17 Champion newcomer?

Absolutely!

Just shoot a tell to Airamis in game. or drop a note on our forums and we'll get you in.

Thumbs up Re: DBS BlackSheep - New Members Always Welcome

Hey, another champion looking for a home. I started the game a day or 2 ago, and your guild sounds like what I am looking for. I just hit 13 this afternoon, my champion's name is Kaedwynn. Hope to hear from you ingame. If not I will track down a officer =)

Certianly. Welcome to the Kin!

Since I can't remember all the names to send an in game mail I'll post it here.

Those kins who have members currently raiding with us (SoL,LoE,SnB,LA, etc) we're having an open fun raid in Angmar (some of you have been on this before) 24 slots. Open to everyone who usually comes with us. We'll get spider heads for a bunch of floks and two raid quests out of the way for those that need it. Min level is 43.
    http://www.digitalbackspin.com/forum...showtopic=8295

Dang it. I'm too low.

Is there a level 20 raid?

Great Barrows? lol

Come to the chicken raids! Or wait until next week. 7th Anniversary events. All levels will be able to participate.

Hello, I'm interested in joining the kinship, Lvl 43 Champ Galothir just got back into playing from the welcome back weekend and looking for a fun friendly, kin to join, Ty

Hiyas!

Myself or an officer will look you up next time we're in game.
    Or if you prefer to be proactive, you can shoot a tell to any of our officers.

list of officers: http://www.digitalbackspin.com/forum...showtopic=7204

I'd just like to take a moment to welcome everyone from Lost Allegiance to the BlackSheep family. Welcome aboard!

Just a quick welcome to everyone from Afterglow, welcome to the family!

And of course welcome to everyone else who has joined us in the past week.

As always, we'd love to hear from anyone looking a for a fun, family friendly group to play with. You'll usually find plenty of sheep on to help out with whatever you need and we have optional raids twice a week, with CD, URU, and BG runs for those that need their items.

My new captain is level 8, and I also have a 23 captain and 19 guardian. Yes I have two Captains. Starting all over again I wanted to remember how to play the class properly. My brother is also starting over on Meneldor, so we were looking to join if at all possible

In game I am Nymira

Quote Originally Posted by pvthudson01 View Post
    My new captain is level 8, and I also have a 23 captain and 19 guardian. Yes I have two Captains. Starting all over again I wanted to remember how to play the class properly. My brother is also starting over on Meneldor, so we were looking to join if at all possible

In game I am Nymira
    We would be happy to have you in the Kin! We have officers on must all time zones and hours. You should be able to find Quen, myself, Budbundy, Airamis, Kreshnek or Tamandra on shortly. Just shoot us a /tell
    [COLOR=Silver][I][SIZE=1] ~ Live on the square of Virtue
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000308f0/signature.png]Justis[/charsig]
    [/SIZE][/I][/COLOR]

Welcome aboard!

My apologizes to all the people I haven't caught up with in game yet. I've been playing an alt (49LM!) so odds are you missed me or I missed you. I try to carry my friends list over but sometimes I miss people.

Those of you still trying to catch up with me in game, make sure you add both Airamis and Airstophanes to your friends list. I'm on them about 50/50 right now.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast