We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Girl Gamers

Red face Girl Gamers

It seemed when I first started playing lotro I was the only female playing. I'm sure I wasn't the only one that felt that way :P LoTROL is my first game and I have been playing since closed beta and still having a blast! Im a mom of 3 BEAUTIFUL girls and live in Tennessee. Yeah, I'm a country girl accent and all. Born and raised in the south It seems the population of girl gamers are growing too and that is SO awesome. I want to hear others stories of how they came to play lotro, what class you are and how you are enjoying it or not. I enjoy meeting new peeps and hearing their stories Well that's it for now. CHEERS!! ~Talya
    [FONT=Garamond][SIZE=5][COLOR=deepskyblue][B]Whatever you are, be a good one.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [URL]http://www.myspace.com/elendilmirlotro[/URL]
    [URL]http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=101362[/URL] [URL]http://www.myspace.com/stephgamerbabe[/URL]

Re: Girl Gamers

As has been stated in many forum topics, just because a player in the game has a female persona, doesn't necessarily mean the real life player is female.

I have mostly gone back to WoW because I can't find that many mature people to play with here. And LOTRO doesn't seem very 'solo play' oriented or friendly. At least in WoW I have a real pet to 'hide behind'

I still enjoy Lords but only with a mature group that isn't bouncing of walls and ordering people around to play 'their' game, their way..
    Last edited by Alexis_Starfire; Nov 07 2007 at 06:08 PM.
    Since Day 1 - LOTRO LIFETIME MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by Alexis_Starfire View Post
    As has been stated in many forum topics, just because a player in the game has a female persona, doesn't necessarily mean the real life player is female.
    True. But we're around, in a higher population than many seem to realize.

Girl gamer here- joined for the LOTR aspect of it, but fell in love with the gaming aspect of it. Still a student, though

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

BAOS's female gamers are some of the most vicious players on the 'moors

Especially if you get between Hishn and her wood

Quote Originally Posted by Laire View Post
    True. But we're around, in a higher population than many seem to realize.
    I hope a lot don't realize, I get really tired of little adolescent hormone bombs

I like it guys play girls (for whatever reason) makes it a lot easier to have a decent game when some guy thinks "Could I actually be trying to chat up a ugly 50ish guy?"

Cheers

I'm a real girl...and this is my first MMO...and loving it still. I have a group of table top D&D friends (talk about a lack of females gamers) and they talked me into trying LOTRO after I finished up my master's degree. LOL...now I play way more than they do!

It is funny though...I find that most of the girl gamers I know play in the Moors...does anyone else find that odd?

(i love chasing after you silly wargs...darn it...much to my demise)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000001b586/01008/signature.png]Seremela[/charsig]
    Seremela Telperian*Minstrel/Anarane*LM/Melisse*Hunter
    Elendilmir: [color=orange][Jewelled Bell][/color] goes *Jingle, Jangle*

Quote Originally Posted by aklouie View Post
    That sounds wrong on so many levels Ak :P
    Knarls R5 Warg.
    Reavez R4 Reaver.
    Hurukar R6 Blackarrow.
    Karagorn 50 Lore-Master.

Quote Originally Posted by Talya View Post
    It seemed when I first started playing lotro I was the only female playing. I'm sure I wasn't the only one that felt that way :P LoTROL is my first game and I have been playing since closed beta and still having a blast!

Yupper. My kinship is actually more biased on the estrogen side of things. The women just outnumber the men, barely, but that is a good thing; well balanced and all.

I have mostly gone back to WoW because I can't find that many mature people to play with here.
    Silliest quote of the year award.

The maturity of WoW is way below that here.I have found the proportion of female players willing to admit that they are playing is a lot higher in this game than any other I have played,thus proving the more mature community here let's them feel safer and allows them the freedom to play the way they want to.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000000a41/01005/signature.png]Silens[/charsig]

hm i've been playing online games since .. starcraft broodwars!
    there's a game thats hard to be a girl in lol, that and diablo ii/lod.

lotro was my husbands thing while i played a different game, he lured me over during some downtime and now I'm stuck, ironically he stopped playing ;p

I think the funniest thing is to have the ingame voice on or log into vent, when people go 'oh you're really a girl?'. I wonder how many other ladies out there have heard that line on more than a few occasions hehe.

I've had an easier time with the Lotro community than some of the previous venues, so I'd have to agree with jj67 Less strange toadie guys that suddenly want to give you all their stone of jordans x_x lol

I enjoy all 5 of the classes I play, currently leveling a lore master

what they say, girl power! +pompom!
    Levedara(75 Min) / Osio(75 Hunt) / Mithika(65 Burg) / Aesixen(62 Champ)
    Dragonfell(64 Capt) / Allessendressa(66 L-M) / Darastrix(60 Wrd)
    PinkJacket ~ R8 Defiler // The Oblivion Shell // R8 Warg ~ Levex
    Endeavor ~ Elendilmir ~ [Jewelled Bell]

I have always enjoyed gaming with members of the other sex (yes I am male) in this and other games I have played and I find that they tend to be a bit more mature than their male counterparts in age correspondence, with few exceptions. Of course since coming from SWG, I have noticed that the maturity level of the general population in LotRO is a thousandfold better than SWG. The line at the horse races is proof enough at that.
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#00ff00]Ours is not to wonder what is fair in life, but to take what we have and make cat ears for cute girls to wear[/COLOR][/SIZE] [COLOR=#b22222]Toshirat R8 BA, Nerfbatzergrat R7 Reaver, Arliknakh R6warg[/COLOR][COLOR=#add8e6], Mihall 100Captain, Tarhigen 100LM, Kalaeya 95RK,Sume 85Champ, Theophilea 85Warden, Toboe 65Hunter, Cheza 40Burg, Koriana 40Guard, Kumako 16 Beorning
    [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by jj67 View Post
    Silliest quote of the year award.
    Spoken like one of the people I was referring to..Thanks for making my point.

True, there is immaturity in WoW but I have found more mature player there than I have here.

And I have been playing MMO's since day one (I was on BBS's and playing Trade Wars and BRE before the internet was even made public) and I was on the internet before the web was even around (and only nerds knew about the internet) playing the first MMO's, we called them MUDS
    Last edited by Alexis_Starfire; Nov 08 2007 at 12:13 AM.

I have mostly gone back to WoW because I can't find that many mature people to play with here. And LOTRO doesn't seem very 'solo play' oriented or friendly. At least in WoW I have a real pet to 'hide behind'

I still enjoy Lords but only with a mature group that isn't bouncing of walls and ordering people around to play 'their' game, their way..
    No offense but, you went back to WoW because you cant find mature players HERE?

EDIT: On reflection, could the fact that you find more mature players in WoW possibly be because you've spent far more time there and have given yourself time in that game to develop friends with mature attitudes and weed out the pain-in-the-rears?
    Last edited by barbarossa; Nov 08 2007 at 12:32 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000000a3d/01001/signature.png]Barbarossa[/charsig][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000008676/01005/signature.png]Kneehi[/charsig]
    Remember: [FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="2"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]"That which does not kill you was simply not permitted to do so for the purposes of the plot."[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]

*waves* Girl gamer right here. I've always loved gaming and Lord of the Rings, thus when the opportunity came to play online I just couldn't pass it up, plus I had a nudge from a few friends who play as well (all males, ironically).

I play a elf minstrel mainly because a friend wanted a healer, but I loved playing her so I just kept her. Edhellreth - 46.
    ~| CREEP: H e l l n a k h |~
    ~| FREEP:
    E d h e l l r e t h | ~

And I have been playing MMO's since day one (I was on BBS's and playing Trade Wars and BRE before the internet was even made public) and I was on the internet before the web was even around (and only nerds knew about the internet) playing the first MMO's, we called them MUDS
    Wow, your e-peen must be absolutely massive *rolls eyes*

Yay! A girly thread!

Completely ignore the forum handle, it's a rather old joke. I am a gal from sunny old England. A medical student in my final year. I'm 22 and I have no kids.

I vowed I'd never play an MMO because I was told how addictive they could be. Obviously I took that vow incredibly seriously, lol, LotRO seemed to be the exception to break the rule (and I even had someone pestering me to try WoW), as I'm a fan of the books I simply couldn't resist poking my nose in. I mean it's LotR, how could I say 'no'?

Then when I started to get to know some of the community members I was hooked, and I've been floating around for quite a while now. I managed to score a spot in Alpha 2 and have been here ever since - well over a year now - and it has been fun, but I was right: These games are highly addictive.

I want toast.
    ~Figgy~ 87~
    Hobbit Minstrel
    Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by taikanin View Post
    Wow, your e-peen must be absolutely massive *rolls eyes*
    I'm SO glad I have now idea what that means. Please go back to your play pen.
    Thanks.

(just to let you know, I won't be checking this thread again to find out as its been high-jacked by posterior orifices)

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by aklouie View Post
    BAOS's female gamers are some of the most vicious players on the 'moors

I agree! I have seen the emote "Hishn slaps you on the cheek" a couple of times myself.....
    Last edited by Sid'heru; Nov 08 2007 at 07:09 AM.
    Wolves couldn't care less what sheep think
    Sidheru R13 Elendilmir/Deathshryke R12 BA TWKSL Brandy

Its threads like this that help me convince my sisters and mother that gaming isn't just a 'guy' thing!
    Guardian
    Bogutyr -R5 Hunter Telerono -R6 Minstrel Guntar -R4 Captain Larysa -R3
    Reaver NotBogu -R10 BlackArrow ScaredyCat -R6 Warleader Maagaer -R2 Stalker Bogutyi -R3

Quote Originally Posted by Mithika View Post
    I wonder how many other ladies out there have heard that line on more than a few occasions hehe.
    hehehe mostly I hear "And where are you from again?" :P
    [FONT=Garamond][SIZE=5][COLOR=deepskyblue][B]Whatever you are, be a good one.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [URL]http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=101362[/URL] [URL]http://www.myspace.com/stephgamerbabe[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas_Librarian View Post
    I'm a real girl...and this is my first MMO...and loving it still. I have a group of table top D&D friends (talk about a lack of females gamers) and they talked me into trying LOTRO after I finished up my master's degree. LOL...now I play way more than they do!

It is funny though...I find that most of the girl gamers I know play in the Moors...does anyone else find that odd?

I knew I could count on you to post girl thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas_Librarian View Post

Funny story about that...we actually built her as a puppet for our Kin leader to use as his Captains herald but we needed another Minstrel to raid so we got Gandalf to make her real...
    [color=#666666]Jaedan[/color] - [color=#ffcc01]Social Officer & Burglar;[/color] [url=www.guardianhq.com][color=#cc0000]~The Guardians~[/color][/url] [color=#ffcc01]of Elendilmir[/color]

[color=#666666]"What man is a man who does not make the world better"[/color]

Count me in <Girl Gamer> I love gaming and wouldn't have it any other way.
    [LEFT][B][FONT=Palatino Linotype][COLOR=mediumturquoise][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000ba3ab/01008/signature.png]Emmianna[/charsig][/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/LEFT]

So, like, where are all the pics?
    Yes sir, we tore the universe a new spacehole alright.

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000010003b/signature.png]Diodoros[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasmo View Post
    So, like, where are all the pics?
    in the picture thread of course! :P
    Levedara(75 Min) / Osio(75 Hunt) / Mithika(65 Burg) / Aesixen(62 Champ)
    Dragonfell(64 Capt) / Allessendressa(66 L-M) / Darastrix(60 Wrd)
    PinkJacket ~ R8 Defiler // The Oblivion Shell // R8 Warg ~ Levex
    Endeavor ~ Elendilmir ~ [Jewelled Bell]

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast