We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Girl Gamers

Re: Girl Gamers

Im curious, how did u get ur Lotr fan friends to play?

Out of my group of about 6 im the only one not to have read a single book in the series {i dont read}, and am the only one playing this. They all being hassaks playing WoW atm, zzzzzzzzz
    Sokar - Rank 8 Uruk Warleader
    SiN {Co-Tyrant} - Elendilmir Tribe
    http://my.lotro.com/angryweaponx
    His only regret, was he had so few to sacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexis_Starfire View Post
    Spoken like one of the people I was referring to..Thanks for making my point.

True, there is immaturity in WoW but I have found more mature player there than I have here.

And I have been playing MMO's since day one (I was on BBS's and playing Trade Wars and BRE before the internet was even made public) and I was on the internet before the web was even around (and only nerds knew about the internet) playing the first MMO's, we called them MUDS
    I find it is quite the reverse for me... it was the immaturity of the general populous in WoW that drove me away and the overall maturity in LoTRO that has drawn me in... Maybe it has to do with the server you are in... I find that the folks here in Elendilmir are amoung the best I have been with in my entire MMO career...

Adult woman gamer here..not 'girl' gamer My youngest child is in college.
    Have played the BF2 games, tried most of the spray and pray shooters, tried guild wars and loved it! Then played WOW and now LOTRO.
    Mizsippiladye LoreMaster, Brandywine
    (pronounced Mzsippi Lady as in Mississippi for you people up north)

It's great that the female gamers like this game so much, I managed to get my wife playing and she loves it. We joined a fairly mature kin that had other gamer gurls, so she feels more at ease in voice chat, but she is still somewhat reluctant to join voice chat when in a PUG. There is always the chance that someone will pipe up with various comments about how great it is that a girl plays and there should be more and then there is the hormone driven ones that want to know all sorts of personal questions, she can handle her own, but it distracts from the game and she would just rather avoid that situation if possible.

IMO, i couldn't care less if the persons in my party are "packing" or not, so long as you play your character well and contribute to the group.

I have seen a few comments in this thread that just make me shake my head tho, totally immature **** that is totally not needed...and you would be surprised at how many younger players i have run into that are actually quite mature and never bring up any gender issues.

anyways, i could go on for a long time, but what it really boils down to is just to play the game and have fun, regardless of gender etc.

Hey guys/gals... This may actually be the best place to ask this... How would you try to convince your significant other (who does not play any online games) to come and play this great game? I've tried in the past but to no avail... any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by MistDragon View Post
    I find it is quite the reverse for me... it was the immaturity of the general populous in WoW that drove me away and the overall maturity in LoTRO that has drawn me in... Maybe it has to do with the server you are in... I find that the folks here in Elendilmir are amoung the best I have been with in my entire MMO career...
    Absolutely agree. There is a much more mature player base in LOTRO then there was in WoW. I played WoW for 3 years and got sick of the immaturity even from some adults.
    [CENTER]Cynegar - Warden of Rohan[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Talya View Post
    Every woman needs to have one of these Tshirts. This is me and my fav. one!!!

Quote Originally Posted by joshmiller83 View Post
    And FYI to the guys... Pics don't always matter. It whats in the heart that truly matters.
    How can you say that josh?! Seriously, turn in your man-card.
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=white]Kordred - Champ | Koridian - Hunter | Ainulindir - Minstrel | Korlod - Burgler[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][COLOR=deepskyblue][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=yellow]I sense a disturbance in the forums, as if millions of grammar teachers suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=red]Vilya - Angarain Erain[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

Adult woman *newbie* gamer here--- my "child" is now a 34 year old MAN -- who plays WOW--- (pray for him-- he needs deliverance LOL)...

This is my first MMORPG -- probably will be the only one too--- LOTR freak

I have never run in to any issues in this game when using voice -- although sometimes in the RARE times a play in PUG on my dwarf SallyAnne the others are suprised there is really a woman playing that Dwarf!

Milarien is offline The Sociable
    The Healer
    House of Finwë
    Audience Member
    Mae Govannen

Quote Originally Posted by AngryWeaponX View Post
    Im curious, how did u get ur Lotr fan friends to play?

Out of my group of about 6 im the only one not to have read a single book in the series {i dont read}, and am the only one playing this. They all being hassaks playing WoW atm, zzzzzzzzz
    It took a couple of tries, but it boiled down to sitting in the room with them (one at a time) and starting the game together, showing them how to do everything, and pointing out all the lore that starts right with the opening instances. I also talked up (in advance) things like how the Old Forest changes so you can never really "learn" your way around it, and other things that I knew appealed specifically to them. For example, one was disappointed at Tom Bombadil being left out of the movies, so naturally I had to comment to her about how well he was done in the game.
    Milarien Cardhra of Lorien (Minstrel), various other Mils et al
    (Minstrel: The Tootsie Roll Pop of Middle Earth!)
    Ring Guard of Rivendell (Gladden, formerly of Elendilmir), founded in beta (on Meneldor)

Milarien, et al (Hunter, Minstrel, Rune-keeper)
    Better Biscuit Bureau (Treebeard)

To the ladies of Elendilmir...

...Thanks for brightening our version of Middle-Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Milarien View Post
    It took a couple of tries, but it boiled down to sitting in the room with them (one at a time) and starting the game together, showing them how to do everything, and pointing out all the lore that starts right with the opening instances. I also talked up (in advance) things like how the Old Forest changes so you can never really "learn" your way around it, and other things that I knew appealed specifically to them. For example, one was disappointed at Tom Bombadil being left out of the movies, so naturally I had to comment to her about how well he was done in the game.
    Ah see now I dont know jack about the lore, so hard to persuade them, lol. Im not bothering anymore, as im looking for another game myself.
    Sokar - Rank 8 Uruk Warleader
    SiN {Co-Tyrant} - Elendilmir Tribe
    http://my.lotro.com/angryweaponx
    His only regret, was he had so few to sacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectus View Post
    To the ladies of Elendilmir...

...Thanks for brightening our version of Middle-Earth.
    Awww that is so sweet.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000014af23/01002/signature.png]Elisabeth[/charsig]I summon the fuzzy creatures that bringeth the light.I summon the fancy smells that fizzle all night.Let nature come hence and heal thy wounds.And resurrect my friend who is an utter noob!

Talking Re: Girl Gamers

Quote Originally Posted by Jerkan View Post
    There can be only one Scot in the moors, prepare to die!
    Ummm....hmmmm.....I am Irish with a bit of Scottish and Welsh in the mix....so I suppose if it is an issue we will have to get all the Scots together for a sparing match, lol....winner takes the Moors....or we can revise the proviso to a Prachettism "There can be only 1000"!...Also, yes, I am a woman...does that figure into the equation?

With Love and Respect,
    Bronwynflameheart, lvl 50 grd
    Ancaslea rank1 BA
    Aryvalyn, lvl 32 LM

Quote Originally Posted by ailindria View Post
    so I suppose if it is an issue we will have to get all the Scots together for a sparing match,
    Shouldn't be too hard, one of the prerequisites to being Scottish is that you have to be born in Scotland to Scottish parents or atleast grew up in Scotland.

And at least one of your past girlfriends had to have been a sheep.
    Yes sir, we tore the universe a new spacehole alright.

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000010003b/signature.png]Diodoros[/charsig]

Talking Re: Girl Gamers

Quote Originally Posted by Jerkan View Post
    Shouldn't be too hard, one of the prerequisites to being Scottish is that you have to be born in Scotland to Scottish parents or atleast grew up in Scotland.
    Well, lol, I guess I am cleared from having to duel with you then as I was definately born stateside, lol.....but it could have been such fun....claymore, quarterstaff, or iron skillet.....which implement to use? You sure you don't want to requalify the stateside Scots? It could be a fun day in the Moors, lol?

With Love and Respect,
    Bronwynflameheart, lvl 50 guardian
    Ancaslea rank 1 BA
    Aryvalyn, lvl 32 LM
    P.S. For those who absolutely must see a pic my myspace site is: myspace.com/bronwynflameheart

Quote Originally Posted by Milarien View Post
    I am a mother of 2, both daughters.

[snip]

I applied for LotRO beta because I am a *huge* fan of the lore. It's probably the biggest lore-based series to me, being the first one to really make a huge impression (first loves, you know!). I was so psyched to get in, I practically dragged my poor non-LotR-reading hubby (although he did enjoy the movies!) into the game. We've been enjoying ourselves ever since, though!

My sister (and her husband) now also play LotRO (their first MMORPG), and I have also since talked my best friend (also a huge LotR fan) into playing (again, her first MMORPG).
    Hi, Mil! Mil's our fearless leader, and besides her and her sister and friend, there are three other active ladies that I know of in our kin plus a handful of others who are "rgrfriends" from other kins.

I am also a lady gamer. Got started gaming about a year and a half ago with Guild Wars. My boyfriend (now fiance) was playing GW at the time and convinced me to try it out. I did, and I loved it. A couple months later, he lost interest and went back to WoW, but I kept on playing. Late this summer, he suggested that we find a game we would both enjoy playing and play together. We're both big fans of the lore in LotRO, so we decided to give it a try. I am completely hooked and having a great time in-game. He played for a couple of months and started losing interest. (Hmm, do you see a pattern here?)

Good to see all the other ladies of Elendilmir! I just went to the moors for the first time the other day (chaos! complete chaos!), so maybe I'll get to see more of you in game if I keep going back.
    [url="http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/istibelle/"][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000f82f4/01004/signature.png]Istania[/charsig][/url]
    [size=1][b][url="http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/istarien/"]Istarien[/url][/b] (61 LM) | [b][url="http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/talitha/"]Talitha[/url][/b] (55 BUR) | [b][url="http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/istuilas/"]Istuilas[/url][/b] (52 RKP) | [b][url="http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/mildthryth/"]Mildthryth[/url][/b] (51 MIN) | [b][url="http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/istella/"]Istella[/url][/b] (35 HNT)
    [url="http://tdwf.guildlaunch.com/"]This Day We Fight[/url], Elendilmir - the [color=orange][noparse][Jeweled Bell][/noparse][/color] of LotRO servers[/size]

Milarien is offline The Sociable
    The Healer
    House of Finwë
    Audience Member
    Mae Govannen

Howdy, Ist! Yes, we do have a number of women in the kinship, mostly part of couples but not all, and more in the friends channel. Maybe couples gravitate towards each other or something!
    Milarien Cardhra of Lorien (Minstrel), various other Mils et al
    (Minstrel: The Tootsie Roll Pop of Middle Earth!)
    Ring Guard of Rivendell (Gladden, formerly of Elendilmir), founded in beta (on Meneldor)

Milarien, et al (Hunter, Minstrel, Rune-keeper)
    Better Biscuit Bureau (Treebeard)

[QUOTE=ailindria;1494492so I suppose if it is an issue we will have to get all the Scots together for a sparing match, ..Also, yes, I am a woman...does that figure into the equation?

[/QUOTE]

Female here AND scot on mother and fathers side
    Mizsippiladye LoreMaster, Brandywine
    (pronounced Mzsippi Lady as in Mississippi for you people up north)

Quote Originally Posted by AngryWeaponX View Post
    Ah see now I dont know jack about the lore, so hard to persuade them, lol. Im not bothering anymore, as im looking for another game myself.
    That's a pity, Sokar.

Bah. RL has taken over my life. School is ridiculously busy. I rarely get to play more than once a week, if that. It bites.

*weeps*

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

I think the girls are taking over Elendilmir
    [FONT=Garamond][SIZE=5][COLOR=deepskyblue][B]Whatever you are, be a good one.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [URL]http://www.myspace.com/elendilmirlotro[/URL]
    [URL]http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=101362[/URL] [URL]http://www.myspace.com/stephgamerbabe[/URL]

girl gamers are a lie!
    Rank 5 Warg
    Rank 2 BA,Reaver,WL
    ~Landroval~

Quote Originally Posted by roadkill525 View Post
    girl gamers are a lie!
    Maybe on *your* server...not over here.
    [CENTER]

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Lupini View Post
    Maybe on *your* server...not over here.
    QFT!

I do enjoy the ladies of our server, and I am thankful that I had a pleasure to meet a few of them while I had some time on that all girl raid the other day, unfortunatly, I could not stay too long

Definatly next time though!
    Babycaek™ GoodnTasty - Officer of The Black Appendage of Sauron - Arkenstone
    Missey Qalmetari the Poetical - 120 hunter Misadventurers

Unofficial Oceanic server? Sure... but also the Unofficial Girl Server! :P

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast