We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Re: Middle-Earth Quiz!!

I don't have time to research anything, so, Filler Question: Who is Gimli's father?
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Gimli is the son of Gloin.

Who killed Glaurung the Golden?
    [center][color=#3355FF][size=3][b]L[/b][/size][/color][color=#3377EE][size=3][b]A[/b][/size][/color][color=#3388CC][size=3][b]N[/b][/size][/color][color=#3388AA][size=3][b]F[/b][/size][/color][color=#338888][size=3][b]O[/b][/size][/color][color=#338866][size=3][b]R[/b][/size][/color][color=#338844][size=3][b]O[/b][/size][/color][color=#338822][size=3][b]D[/b][/size][/color] [color=#772222][size=2][b]50 Elf hunter[/b][/size][/color][/center]
    [center][color=#0000AA][size=2][b][/b][/size][/color][color=#8888FF][size=2][b]Arkenstone[/b][/size][/color][color=#AA0000][size=2][b][/b][/size][/color] [color=#AAAFFA][size=2][b]DeepHallow Brewers[/b][/size][/color][/center]

Turin of the House of Hador.

What was the fate of each member of the Fellowship of the Ring?
    [color=gray][i]The bright blade of Anduril shone like a sudden flame as he swept it out. [size=3][color=gold]"Elendil!"[/size][/color] he cried. "I am Aragorn son of Arathorn and am called Elessar, the Elfstone, Dunadan, the heir of Isildur Elendil's son of Gondor. Here is the Sword that was Broken and is forged again! Will you aid me or thwart me? Choose swiftly!"[/i][/color]

Quote Originally Posted by lastalliance View Post
    Turin of the House of Hador.

What was the fate of each member of the Fellowship of the Ring?
    I'm not *quite* sure what you mean by this question; I'm going to guess you mean what happened to them all after the War.

Gandalf: Turned white, saved people, went back West.
    Aragorn: Became king of Gondor/Arnor, married his twu luv, had kids, lived to 210. Died.
    Frodo: Went back home, didn't recover, sailed West.
    Sam: Went home, married, got Bag End, had 13 kids. Supposedly sailed West at the end of his life.
    Merry: Master of Buckland, married, had kids. Died.
    Pippin: Thain of the Shire, married, had kids. Died.
    Legolas: Explored world, made elf-colony in Ithilien, sailed after Aragorn died.
    Gimli: Explored world, made dwarf-colony in Aglarond, sailed w/ Legolas.
    Boromir: Died. Poor bugger.

Now, my question... not too tough. How old was Aragorn when he became officially betrothed to Arwen? Where did it happen?

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

I believe he was... 29 years old? It happened in Lothlorien.

How many tentacles lashed out of the water after the first one grabbed Frodo's ankle and Sam hacked it off?
    [color=gray][i]The bright blade of Anduril shone like a sudden flame as he swept it out. [size=3][color=gold]"Elendil!"[/size][/color] he cried. "I am Aragorn son of Arathorn and am called Elessar, the Elfstone, Dunadan, the heir of Isildur Elendil's son of Gondor. Here is the Sword that was Broken and is forged again! Will you aid me or thwart me? Choose swiftly!"[/i][/color]

I thought he was 50 years old (yes, it was Lothlorien). I believe he was in his twenty's when he first met her (in Rivendell).

I'll guess that for the tentacles, too. 50?

Edit: Actually, no, I believe it was 20. But I'm not sure.
    Last edited by LOTRFan101; Feb 21 2008 at 06:14 PM.
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

In what year was the first Easterling invasion of Gondor?
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Well this answer took some serious digging, and I'm still not sure I'm right. Is it 492?

Just in case that's right:

What were the names of Dior's Grandmothers?
    [COLOR="Cyan"]Landroval - Nibenrhaw ~ Loremaster | Eladrid ~ Burglar | Squeesh ~ Defiler[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Orange"]Meneldor - Fungushnitzel ~ Minstrel | Clingan ~ Champion | Snapnakh ~ Stalker[/COLOR]

Yep. Good job. Now I have to go do some digging myself... I've never heard of Dior.

Edit: Dior the Steward of Gondor, or Dior in the Silmarillion?

Further edit: The Dior in the Silmarillion's grandmothers were Melian and

Final edit: Elemdir.

Um, new question... can't think of anything hard... Who was the Vala of Waters?
    Last edited by LOTRFan101; Feb 22 2008 at 12:40 PM.
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Yes, I was referring to the Sil Dior, and you got both Grannies.

Vala of waters would be Lord Ulmo, that soggy old sot.

Who was his Maiar assistant known for a grouchy disposition?
    [COLOR="Cyan"]Landroval - Nibenrhaw ~ Loremaster | Eladrid ~ Burglar | Squeesh ~ Defiler[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Orange"]Meneldor - Fungushnitzel ~ Minstrel | Clingan ~ Champion | Snapnakh ~ Stalker[/COLOR]

I believe it was Osse. No, it wasn't 50 tentacles.

Yeah, I found out it was Osse (too late).

20 tentacles?

Anyway, new question: Name the gift(s) given to each individual in the Fellowship.
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

20 is correct.

Let me see if I can get all these right... Aragorn got a sword sheath for Anduril, Sam got some dirt with a mallorn seed in it, Frodo got the little phial thingy, Legolas got a new bow and quiver of arrows, Merry and Pippin got little daggers, and Boromir got a belt.

How many dwarves were sent to Thorin's aid from the Iron Hills before the Battle of Five Armies?

I believe it was 500, LA.

Assuming that is correct, what was the name of the more "hasty" ent who entertained Merry and Pippen?
    [center][color=#3355FF][size=3][b]L[/b][/size][/color][color=#3377EE][size=3][b]A[/b][/size][/color][color=#3388CC][size=3][b]N[/b][/size][/color][color=#3388AA][size=3][b]F[/b][/size][/color][color=#338888][size=3][b]O[/b][/size][/color][color=#338866][size=3][b]R[/b][/size][/color][color=#338844][size=3][b]O[/b][/size][/color][color=#338822][size=3][b]D[/b][/size][/color] [color=#772222][size=2][b]50 Elf hunter[/b][/size][/color][/center]
    [center][color=#0000AA][size=2][b][/b][/size][/color][color=#8888FF][size=2][b]Arkenstone[/b][/size][/color][color=#AA0000][size=2][b][/b][/size][/color] [color=#AAAFFA][size=2][b]DeepHallow Brewers[/b][/size][/color][/center]

You forgot Gimli, who got 3 strands of Galadriels hair.

Edit; Realised you said Merry + Pippen got daggers, they got Silver Belts, and Boromir got a gold one I believe.

The ent was Quickbeam.
    Last edited by Ceebee; Feb 23 2008 at 05:48 AM.

All right... new question... Who was the son of Beorn?
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Grimbeorn

Turbine Middle-Earth question: What is the name of the Ent who lives in Evendim?

Longbough is the name of the Evendim ent I believe.

What were the names of the three rings of the elves?

Narya, Nenya, and Vilya.

While we're on the topic... name the (general) fate of the Seven Rings. (I don't mean that they were all given to Dwarves, I mean what happened to them in the end).
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Each ring specifically? All I really know is:

3 Rings reclaimed by Sauron
    4 Lost / Destroyed by Dragonfire

For assistance in finding a thief hobbit called 'Baggins', Sauron will give the remaining 3 rings to the Dwarves of Erebor, and lordship over Moria.

How many Rohirrim rode to Minas Tirith?

6,000 "spears".

How many marched on the Black Gate? (The entire Army of the West combined, not just Rohirrim).
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

7000, 1000 of them mounted Rohirrim rode to the Black Gate, though I am unsure on how many could not go on when they reached the crossroads.

There were 3000 Rohirrim guarding Minas Tirith from froces coming from the west.

Edit: Forgot a question

Which elf insulted the dwarves of Nogrod, which lead to his death? What was the insult?
    Last edited by Ceebee; Feb 24 2008 at 10:23 PM.

Thingol. He wanted to take the dwarf-necklace + a Silmaril, but the Dwarves who forged them together were insulted by his Elvish superiority complex.

How old was Bilbo during the events of the Hobbit?
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

I believe he was 51..

Assuming the above was right, heres mine;

Who's beheading started the Nirnaeth Arnoediad?

Well, he turned 51 in Dale, if I'm not mistaken. Yes.

I have no idea... Finrod?
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast