We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Re: Middle-Earth Quiz!!

I believe it took place in 3018.

What is the Westron name for Rivendell?
    [COLOR="Cyan"]Landroval - Nibenrhaw ~ Loremaster | Eladrid ~ Burglar | Squeesh ~ Defiler[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Orange"]Meneldor - Fungushnitzel ~ Minstrel | Clingan ~ Champion | Snapnakh ~ Stalker[/COLOR]

Imladris--at least, that is what the Gondorians call it.

In what year (Third Age) was the Dwarf-Goblin war that resulted after Thror's beheading and ended with the death of Azog?
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

2793 is when it started, but it lasted for several years.

Imladris wasn't the answer I was going for, it has another name too
    [COLOR="Cyan"]Landroval - Nibenrhaw ~ Loremaster | Eladrid ~ Burglar | Squeesh ~ Defiler[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Orange"]Meneldor - Fungushnitzel ~ Minstrel | Clingan ~ Champion | Snapnakh ~ Stalker[/COLOR]

Karningul.

What did Beorn do with the warg and the goblin he interrogated?
    [color=gray][i]The bright blade of Anduril shone like a sudden flame as he swept it out. [size=3][color=gold]"Elendil!"[/size][/color] he cried. "I am Aragorn son of Arathorn and am called Elessar, the Elfstone, Dunadan, the heir of Isildur Elendil's son of Gondor. Here is the Sword that was Broken and is forged again! Will you aid me or thwart me? Choose swiftly!"[/i][/color]

Skinned the warg, stuck the goblin's head on a stick of some kind.
    Who died in the Battle of Dale (also appeared in the Hobbit)?
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Dain Ironfoot.

Who gained the throne after him?
    [color=gray][i]The bright blade of Anduril shone like a sudden flame as he swept it out. [size=3][color=gold]"Elendil!"[/size][/color] he cried. "I am Aragorn son of Arathorn and am called Elessar, the Elfstone, Dunadan, the heir of Isildur Elendil's son of Gondor. Here is the Sword that was Broken and is forged again! Will you aid me or thwart me? Choose swiftly!"[/i][/color]

Thorin III "Stonehelm"... that is only a guess, so if I'm right, someone else make a question. If I'm wrong, well, it was off the top of my head.
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

You were right.

Oh goody... Who was Stonehelm's son?
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Durin VII

What land did he colonize?

He retook Khazad-Dum in the fourth age

Who was the oldest Elf in Middle-Earth at the time of LOTR?

By the way the question from yesterday was :

Mahtan forever rued the day he taught Feanor the making of arms...

I'll guess Cirdan or Galadriel.

Am I right, or is more guessing required?

Yeah you were right, Cirdan, the only elf still living in Middle-Earth who was mentioned to have awakened in Cuiviénen...

What was the name of Cirdan's Ring of Power, who did he give it to, and why?

Narya (spelling error?) the ring of Fire. Cirdan gave it to Gandalf because he would have great need of its power when attempting to unite the Free Peoples together to fight Sauron. I also remember something about needing its "kindling flame" for some purpose...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000046d98/01003/signature.png]Regalar[/charsig]

Correct; your turn.

Well until he comes back... What was Anduril originially called?
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Pfft.. Narsil.... Now to pass time and for a bit of in-game lore,

Who ordered the drowning of the city that covered the gem used to re-forge Narsil into Anduril? Long winded but hey.. :P cool quest line too..

Elendil? (I haven't finished that particular chain yet, so...)
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

I'm back .

What is the name of each of the towers guarding the Black Gate, and what are they both collectively known as?

(I.E., name of tower A is --- and name of tower B is ---. Both are known as ---).
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000046d98/01003/signature.png]Regalar[/charsig]

The Tower of Carchost and the Tower of Narchost were collectively known as the Towers of the Teeth.

Who built the Towers of the Teeth?
    Bonus points for a translation of the names of the towers.

The Towers of the Teeth were built by the Men of Gondor after the overthrow of Sauron in the Second Age. As for the translations, I can guess. It seems Narchost may mean something along the lines of "fire fortress," nar meaning fire and ost meaning fortress. Carchost could mean "tooth fortress" which sounds kind of weird, but that's what it seems. I'll edit later when I think of a question.

EDIT: describe the process Sauron used to forge the One Ring.
    Last edited by lastalliance; Feb 28 2008 at 07:09 PM.

"Now the Elves made many Rings; but secretly Sauron made one Ring to rule all the others, and their power was bound to it, to be subject to it and to last only so long as it should last. And much of the strength and will of Sauron passed into that One Ring; for the power of the Elven Rings was very great, and that which should govern them must be a thing of surpassing potency; and Sauron forged it in the Mountain of Fire in the Land of Shadow."

3 people in the history of Middle-Earth have perished in battle with a Valarauko, and have managed to destroy the Valarauko at the same time. Name all three...

Ecthelion, Glorfindel and Gandalf.

Your answer doesn't really describe how Sauron went about forging it, only that he did forge it, and that much of his "strength and will" passed into it. See if you can find some more information.

Well, I can post what I know about it, although after snooping a bit on the internet, there's surprisingly little written about the forging itself.

As I recall, he forged it in Mt. Doom, using the fires of the earth that he himself controlled. The fires of that volcano are linked to Sauron as well, and are only active when he wishes them to be.

He used dark sorcery to enchant the ring, and during the process intoned the famous line inscribed upon it himself. It was his intonation that finished the process... I believe.

I suppose I could go check up in the books to see if I can find more.

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast