We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Re: Middle-Earth Quiz!!

Maybe I'll just give a new question to get this thread going again... how many legs does Aragorn have?
    [color=gray][i]The bright blade of Anduril shone like a sudden flame as he swept it out. [size=3][color=gold]"Elendil!"[/size][/color] he cried. "I am Aragorn son of Arathorn and am called Elessar, the Elfstone, Dunadan, the heir of Isildur Elendil's son of Gondor. Here is the Sword that was Broken and is forged again! Will you aid me or thwart me? Choose swiftly!"[/i][/color]

Is it two, or is this some very weird in-depth question?

... OK, how many hands does Beren have?
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

He had two, but lost one to Carcharoth.

How many armpits does the Watcher in the Water have?
    [color=gray][i]The bright blade of Anduril shone like a sudden flame as he swept it out. [size=3][color=gold]"Elendil!"[/size][/color] he cried. "I am Aragorn son of Arathorn and am called Elessar, the Elfstone, Dunadan, the heir of Isildur Elendil's son of Gondor. Here is the Sword that was Broken and is forged again! Will you aid me or thwart me? Choose swiftly!"[/i][/color]

What!? Do you mean approx. 21, one for each tentacle or something?

(If I am right... I give up. You make the next one).
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

I guess you're right, I don't know if it really has armpits... there are certainly at least 21, maybe more that weren't revealed.

Ok, if you insist... what is Beren's relation to Turin?

*putting on my best Billy Boyd (Pippin form teh movies) voice impression*

"Sure I know a Turin....Beren is his great-great-grand uncle, once removed on his mothers side."

But I'm sure I'm wrong again.

Why don't you keep the questions in here simpler for us non-uber lore junkies. And use the riddle thread (which I absolutely love ) for the more in-depth ones.

if I am right:

Where are my pants?!
    [center][b][url=http://my.lotro.com/character/nimrodel/beornling/]Beornling Skinchanger[/url][/b] - Man - [b][color=brown]Bear Brethren and Descendent of Mighty Beorn![/color][/b] - Defender of Vales and Lover of Ales - [b][color=orange]Nimrodel[/color][/b]
    [color=red][b]Beornbitezu[/b] - Warg -[/color] [b][color=brown]Sad that bears attack in the moors[/color][/b] - Old hotspot meteor warg - [b][color=orange]Elendilmir[/color][/b][/center]
    [center][color=red][b]Drunkenaussie[/b] - Reaver -[/color] [b][color=brown]Forever to bear the white hand helm[/color][/b] - Drunkenaussie Beornandbred - [b][color=orange]Elendilmir[/color][/b][/center]
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080100000f64c0/signature.png]Drunkenaussie[/charsig][/center]

On your face..

And the previous poster was wrong; Aragorn obviously had three legs... otherwise how could he catch a gorgeous Elven chick like Arwen?

.............................. ... drunk posting is n ot cool, kiddies.

Turin was Beren's great grandfather, unless I'm mistaken.

What was the original reason Gimli and Gloin came to the Council at Rivendell?
    [COLOR="Cyan"]Landroval - Nibenrhaw ~ Loremaster | Eladrid ~ Burglar | Squeesh ~ Defiler[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Orange"]Meneldor - Fungushnitzel ~ Minstrel | Clingan ~ Champion | Snapnakh ~ Stalker[/COLOR]

Actually, Beren was Turin's first cousin twice removed. They came because Sauron wanted them to get Bilbo and turn him in for three dwarven rings, and they didn't know what to do. Someone else can go next.

Oh yeah, just checked up on that online. It gets a bit confusing with those bloodlines, especially when the same names keep getting used more than once (barahir, denethor, dior, etc.)
    [COLOR="Cyan"]Landroval - Nibenrhaw ~ Loremaster | Eladrid ~ Burglar | Squeesh ~ Defiler[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Orange"]Meneldor - Fungushnitzel ~ Minstrel | Clingan ~ Champion | Snapnakh ~ Stalker[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by lastalliance View Post

EDIT: describe the process Sauron used to forge the One Ring.
    Hey... can you give the answer you were looking for?

Thread needs question... I have no time to research... umm... What was Beleg's last name?
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Cuthalion, or Strongbow

Where are the Palantiri at the time of the War of the Ring?

Umm... Minas Tirith, Minas Morgul, Orthanc... is there another one somewhere? I think the rest were lost before this time.
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Yes sorry to clarify three were lost before the WoTR, so four remain..

Quote Originally Posted by TGnat View Post
    Hey... can you give the answer you were looking for?
    Womdon pretty much got it... I think... there was some other stuff, but now I'm unsure as to whether or not it's really true, because I can't seem to find it in my books.

Minas Tirith, Minas Morgul, Orthanc, one was lost in the river flowing through Osgilliath (the Anduin?), one was in Elostirion, and two lost in the waters of the Ice Bay of Forochel. How did the palantiri come into the keeping of men?
    Last edited by lastalliance; Mar 04 2008 at 07:53 PM.

They were given to the Numenorians during the 2nd Age as a gift...

Do you need more information?

If not... name the year that Eomer was born!
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

2991 of the Third Age.

Whom did he marry?

Quote Originally Posted by LOTRFan101 View Post
    Umm... Minas Tirith, Minas Morgul, Orthanc... is there another one somewhere? I think the rest were lost before this time.
    Are we sure that the Palantir from Minas Morgul stone was still located in Minas Morgul at the time of the war? Wasn't the Morgul stone moved to Barad Dur for Sauron's use?

It's likely that it was, but I don't believe Tolkien wrote about that... because Sauron used it often to communicate with Saruman, it's quite possible.

lastalliance has it right; it is not known where the stone ended up but Barad Dur is the most likely place..

Of more interesting note is that the palantiri were originally made by Feanor and were said to be very strong, like the stone of Orthanc, and it is possible the Palantir of Sauron survived the ruin of Barad Dur into the Fourth Age...

Eomer married Lothíriel...

Who was Prince of Dol Amroth after Imrahil?

It was his son Elphir... and I can't think of another question right now.

When were Boromir & Faramir born? Who was their mother? How'd she die?
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Boromir was born in 2978, Faramir in 2983..

Their mother was Finduilas, who was described in the Appendices:

"But it seemed to men that she withered in the guarded city, as a flower of the seaward vales set upon a barren rock. The shadow in the east filled her with horror, and she turned her eyes ever south to the sea that she missed"

So I guess grief/weariness combined with the ever-present shadow of evil that the men of Minas Tirith endured tired her out. As a side note, she died at the tender age of 38, young for one of noble blood of the Dunedain.

Who were the two men that loved the elf-lady who Boromir and Faramir's mother was named for? And why was it two men?

Turin and Gwindor... except Gwindor is an Elf? I'm confused.
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast