We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Re: Middle-Earth Quiz!!

Sorry pretty silly question I just meant her loved turned from Gwindor to Turin because Gwindor came back from Angband a wrecked old man-elf and Turin was young etc..

Your go.

Speaking of her, how did she die?
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

She died when the Men of Brethil ambushed the Orc's carrying the prisoners of Nargothrond northwards; at once the Orc's cruelly slew the prisoners, and Finduilas they nailed to a tree with a spear..

"So she died, saying at the last: "Tell the Mormegil that Finduilas is here"

What were Carnil and Luinil and who was revered for their creation?

Carnil and Luinil are stars, and were created by Varda.

What separated Arda from the Void?
    [COLOR="Cyan"]Landroval - Nibenrhaw ~ Loremaster | Eladrid ~ Burglar | Squeesh ~ Defiler[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Orange"]Meneldor - Fungushnitzel ~ Minstrel | Clingan ~ Champion | Snapnakh ~ Stalker[/COLOR]

The Outer Sea? Not really confident at all..

The outer sea, yes, but there was something outside of the outer sea, too
    [COLOR="Cyan"]Landroval - Nibenrhaw ~ Loremaster | Eladrid ~ Burglar | Squeesh ~ Defiler[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Orange"]Meneldor - Fungushnitzel ~ Minstrel | Clingan ~ Champion | Snapnakh ~ Stalker[/COLOR]

Ahhh, I found the passage.. The Walls of the World separate Ea from the Void, and the Door of Night is the only way through good question...

In the Springs of <where> were the Atani first found by Finrod Felagund?

Thargelion?

If that is true, name the Easterling who betrayed the Edain/Noldor in a battle against Melkor.
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Not quite right sorry, but very very close..

The Easterling was Ulfang the Black.

Was it Estolad?

(S. 'encampment') A wide plain in East Beleriand. After the first Men arrived from beyond the Ered Luin, they camped for a number of years on the plain before moving further west and north. It is located in between rivers Celon and Gelion just west of Thargelion. The Great Dwarf Road runs through it.

Looked it up on Wikipedia for you. It seems right...
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

From the Silmarillion, page 162

In a valley among the foothills of the mountains, below the springs of Thalos, he saw lights in the evening, and far off he heard the sound of song.

So very close but not quite.. anyway someone else have a go, I don't mind..
    Last edited by Jonwah; Mar 09 2008 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Buggered it up, bit drunk sorry

I can do trivia, but not riddles. So here goes...

According to Tolkein, the word "Bree" means _________________
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Are we allowed to look answers up using any resource? Because in that case, I have the answer. Just to prove that I have it (if in fact that is fair), it is a 4 letter word which follows the same pattern as "B-r-e-e", meaning the first, second, and third letters are all different but the fourth letter is the same as the third letter. Is looking things up (e. g. Google) fair?

Go ahead and answer. I'm not sure about the ethical rules, but you've got it, I can tell.

When you do, you can make up your own question.
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Hill.

Open floor.

What was the occupation of Beregond? Be specific.

Hint: *cough* Riddle-game *cough*
    Last edited by LOTRFan101; Mar 10 2008 at 06:23 AM.
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Well, like so many of the names in ME lore, Beregond was used twice.

One Beregond was a Steward of Gondor, and the other was a guard of Gondor and Pippin's guide. Later he became Captain of the White Company and one of Faramir's top guys.

Ok, how's this for a question:

Name all the people/beings that claimed possession of the One Ring (no matter how briefly) in chronological order.
    Last edited by Womdon; Mar 10 2008 at 01:00 PM.

Sauron - Isildur - Deagol - Smeagol - Bilbo - Frodo - Samwise - Frodo - Gollum

I think that's everyone...

What were Faramir's gifts to Frodo and Sam?
    [color=gray][i]The bright blade of Anduril shone like a sudden flame as he swept it out. [size=3][color=gold]"Elendil!"[/size][/color] he cried. "I am Aragorn son of Arathorn and am called Elessar, the Elfstone, Dunadan, the heir of Isildur Elendil's son of Gondor. Here is the Sword that was Broken and is forged again! Will you aid me or thwart me? Choose swiftly!"[/i][/color]

He gave 'em walking staves and packs of food.

What year was Frodo born?
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

2968 of the Third Age.

What kind of wood were the staves made out of?
    [color=gray][i]The bright blade of Anduril shone like a sudden flame as he swept it out. [size=3][color=gold]"Elendil!"[/size][/color] he cried. "I am Aragorn son of Arathorn and am called Elessar, the Elfstone, Dunadan, the heir of Isildur Elendil's son of Gondor. Here is the Sword that was Broken and is forged again! Will you aid me or thwart me? Choose swiftly!"[/i][/color]

Lebethorn? I know it was special, and I think I saw it translate to in-game, but I don't woodwork, so I'm not sure...
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Yes, lebethron

What relative does Gollum mention having?
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

A Grandmother

I can't think of a question.

Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast