We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Re: Middle-Earth Quiz!!

How many kids does Sam end up having?
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Thirteen..

The River Mitheithel runs through what ingame zone?

edit: he beat me to it lol
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203000000031307/01003/signature.png]Pelegond[/charsig]
    [size=3][color=red]Redreaver[/color][color=green].:.[/color][color=red]R5 Reaver[/color][color=green].:.[/color][color=red]Gladden[/color][/size]

The Trollshaws, or perhaps the Lonelands. I believe it's the river that separates the two.

What was Minas Morgul's original name?
    [COLOR="Cyan"]Landroval - Nibenrhaw ~ Loremaster | Eladrid ~ Burglar | Squeesh ~ Defiler[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Orange"]Meneldor - Fungushnitzel ~ Minstrel | Clingan ~ Champion | Snapnakh ~ Stalker[/COLOR]

Yeh, the Trollshaws.. (well actually in-game I'm not so sure, but it is the river Hoarwell, so...)

Minas Ithil, the Tower of the Moon, renamed after the Nazgul took it back.. What other tower was renamed at the same time and what were it's before and after names?

Minas Anor - Minas Tirith

Who killed Scatha?
    [color=gray][i]The bright blade of Anduril shone like a sudden flame as he swept it out. [size=3][color=gold]"Elendil!"[/size][/color] he cried. "I am Aragorn son of Arathorn and am called Elessar, the Elfstone, Dunadan, the heir of Isildur Elendil's son of Gondor. Here is the Sword that was Broken and is forged again! Will you aid me or thwart me? Choose swiftly!"[/i][/color]

Fram son of Frumgar slew the dragon Scatha?

Which fellowship member recieved a trophy from Scatha's hoard?

Merry did, a horn given to him by Eowyn.

Here's an easy one, who killed Saruman?
    [COLOR="Cyan"]Landroval - Nibenrhaw ~ Loremaster | Eladrid ~ Burglar | Squeesh ~ Defiler[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Orange"]Meneldor - Fungushnitzel ~ Minstrel | Clingan ~ Champion | Snapnakh ~ Stalker[/COLOR]

Wormtongue..

Another easy one.. Where did Pippin live?

The Shire? Tookborough?

Third easy one... what was Bilbo's blood relation to Frodo?
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

A distant cousin or uncle? If thats right name the last King of Gondor (before Aragorn, that is)

Ah yes... he called him Uncle... but that is not a blood relationship.

You're warmer with the cousin thing, but I'm looking for very specific there.

The last King of Gondor was Earnur, I believe.
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Well, Frodo's great grandfather's brother's grandson was Bilbo.

What that translates to in family relations I have no idea. 2nd cousin once removed? Maybe 2nd uncle? Not too great with the geneology terms

Second cousin once removed is one of the two correct answers!

It's in the FOTR, in a passage where hobbits are talking in a pub somewhere (sorry, that happens a lot... It's before they leave the Shire though!)

Hint: Think father's side & mother's side...
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Ok, you had me looking up hobbit family trees and researching genealogy terms, but I think I've got the answer.

Bilbo was both Frodo's 2nd cousin once removed, AND his 1st cousin once removed.

Freaky hobbitses.

Yeah, great job! Though you deserve to be stumped, seeing how hard your riddle is... grr...

Speaking of hobbitses... In what year was the Battle of Fornost, where they maintain they sent a company of archers to aid the King of Anor?
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

I believe 1975 of the third age.

If that's right... who gave birth to Cirdan?

Trick Question?

Was Cirdan one of the original elves to awake at Cuivienen?

If so, what physical trait sets Cirdan apart from other elves?
    Last edited by TGnat; Mar 12 2008 at 03:48 PM.

He has a beard

What color is it?
    [color=gray][i]The bright blade of Anduril shone like a sudden flame as he swept it out. [size=3][color=gold]"Elendil!"[/size][/color] he cried. "I am Aragorn son of Arathorn and am called Elessar, the Elfstone, Dunadan, the heir of Isildur Elendil's son of Gondor. Here is the Sword that was Broken and is forged again! Will you aid me or thwart me? Choose swiftly!"[/i][/color]

Black? I'm not sure.
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

I'm thinking silver

As long as we're on the Cirdan kick, what was his original name?

Nowe (funny things needed). Cirdan is "ship-maker" in Sindarin.

... "Hi, I'm Ship-maker the ship-wright..."

Anyway...

What were the names of the three great Elf leaders who returned from Valinor to lead their people there?
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by LOTRFan101 View Post
    What were the names of the three great Elf leaders who returned from Valinor to lead their people there?
    That would be Ingwë (who would lead the Vanyar to Valinor), Finwë (leader of the Noldar) and Elwë (later named Thingol), leader (along with his brother Olwë) of the Teleri. Elwë never completed the trip back to Valinor, however, but stayed and became Thingol, the Sindarin high king.

My question:

What did Bilbo have in his other pocket?
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=lime][SIZE=1][COLOR=lime][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000064094/01001/signature.png]Mugwump[/charsig][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=lime][SIZE=1][COLOR=lime]Note to players who want to be considered literate: [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=1][COLOR=cyan][I]You're [/I]= You are. [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=1][COLOR=cyan][I]Your [/I]= Belonging to you. [I]It's[/I] = It is. [I]Its[/I] = belonging to it. [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=1][COLOR=cyan][I]They're[/I] = They are. [I]Their[/I] = Belonging to them. [I]There[/I] = At that place.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=lime][SIZE=1][COLOR=yellow][I]Items[/I] = More than one item. [I]Item's[/I] = Belonging to the item. (True for almost all nouns.)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Nothing?

How many years passed between the Dwarf-Goblin war outside Moria (where Azog was killed) and the Battle of the Five Armies (where Bolg was killed)?
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Guess, but I seem to have a feeling this is right...

75?

Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast