We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Cooking Price Guide (updated for RoI)

I took Mookitty's excellent cooking price guide and have updated it with the current recipes and items. I have also added links to download Excel and OpenOffice spreadsheets. The online Google docs version is accurate for the Rise of Isengard expansion, but the downloadable versions are currently updated only up to Volume 3. Please let me know of any changes or additions I should make, or any errors you may find.

My previous links were a bit outdated as well--if you know of anything that should be added please send me a PM or reply to this post.

Other useful links:

List of campfire locations (Dunland campfire inside of Galtrev Crafting Hall)
    Cooking with Clover (RL community recipes)
    Last edited by yossalu; Oct 09 2011 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Updated for RoI
    Rosalie from Crickhollow's Second Breakfast
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Visit secondbreakfast.guildlaunch.co m & crickhollowmusic.guildlaunch.c om
    Our weekly events--Fridays 9pm: Bread & Jam at the Prancing Pony
    Saturdays 1pm: Breakfast Club plays at Bree-town's South Gate
    Sundays at 11am and Mondays at 11pm: Elevenses at the Bird & Baby
    Sundays at 6pm: Roving Threats Tour
    Wednesdays at 8pm: Tunes & Ales around Eriador
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Find out about the kinships of Crickhollow at crickhollowkins.tumblr.com

Re: Updated Cooking Price Guide (Book 14)

Thanks for doing it! I'm sure it's tedius work. I generally throw all the prices up on a text file to calculate my totals.

I was preparing 5th tier trail foods, so I do have some corrections for you.

Your pricing on Masterful Mash is off because you have items from the old recipe included with the new... no more Golden Shire Taters, Fresh Butter or Lard.

Your pricing on Feast of Rohan is also off because the Chicken Cutlet Ingredient has a new recipe:

1 Uncooked Chicken
    1 Fresh Butter
    1 Fine Seasoning

I haven't had a chance to look at the other items as of yet... The only thing I would argue is your pricing on veggies. While it may be cheaper to farm them on your own, if you're of the Tinkerer Vocation, you're reduced to buying them from the AH, generally, you can find stacks from 10s to 50s on my server, so it may vary for others. I generally estimate veggie cost at 20c when determining starting price.

Also, repair costs are absent your list and they start to add up particularly if you're using non-superior tools and working on a three part recipe like a Feast of Rohan. But that's probably more information than you want to include.

Thanks again for putting this together! It's nice to have a guide to look at when coming up with pricing.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000871f3/01005/signature.png]Loncome[/charsig]

Thanks for the updates on the recipes, looks like I did overlook a couple of revisions I thought I'd made. I have made those two changes and rearranged the level point cost list accordingly.

As for the farmed veggies, I was not sure what price to set them. Many people had complained on the previous version that 20br per item was too high, and I did agree. I decided to slightly up the price to 10br, which I think will be a happy medium between farming and purchasing the items--it should be noted that it generally will cost far less to farm, but prices will certainly fluctuate from item to item and server to server.

As far as repair costs go, that is something that I would find nearly impossible to add in because of the different levels of tools that a cook may use. If someone did want to do a study of this, I would be glad to add it. But at this time, I don't see adding that column.

I have also added an item price and points calculator to the level points sheet. This will allow you to plan out how many of an item to make for a particular level, and the cost involved.
    Last edited by yossalu; Aug 04 2008 at 05:35 PM.

great work. much appreciated.

100% precision on the cost front is neither possible nor necessary. any tiny differences would be what we accounting-types would call "immaterial".

The titles 'Reputation' and 'Decoration' need to be switched on the main page. Nothing too serious.
    Agtarnen, 65 Minstrel Rank 7, Brandywine
    Aglarwyn, 65 Warden Rank 4
    Agadoc, 65 Hunter, retired
    Agnei, 65 Burglar

Thumbs up Re: Updated Cooking Price Guide (Book 14)

Thank you for your time, well done!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000000b936/01004/signature.png]Wildrose[/charsig]
    Founder & Lifetime Member

Great guide, wish I would have had something like this when I leveled my GM cook. I just have one question, Where can i get the bass with carrot and onion recipe? Ive looked everywhere, but I guess not right place. Thanks again for great guide!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000061449/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by lil_darlin562006 View Post
    Great guide, wish I would have had something like this when I leveled my GM cook. I just have one question, Where can i get the bass with carrot and onion recipe? Ive looked everywhere, but I guess not right place. Thanks again for great guide!
    bass with onions and carrots is sold by the expert cook next to the superior ovens in michel delving, it's the second recipe down on right hand column.

The pricing in this guide.... Is 0.24 to mean 24 copper coins?

Thanks
    Playing since 9/11/2006

Quote Originally Posted by Ulrek View Post
    The pricing in this guide.... Is 0.24 to mean 24 copper coins?

Thanks
    Yes, since 100 bronze=1 silver I thought that would be the best way of translating it into Excel in order to allow easy price calculations.

Great work, very helpful. I could only get my pots of smooth honey and oats to stack to 20, though, so it might be best to replace those figures for stacks of 50 with figures for stacks of 20--unless maybe the lower-powered pots do stack to 50?
    Primary: Tirigifu of Rohan, female human burglar/yeoman; Alt 1: Tiriadoc Brandybuck, male hobbit minstrel/historian; Alt 2: Tirialataire, female elf lore master/explorer .

Excellent work, thankyou very much for going to all that effort and putting it on something easily accessible!

Cheers!

with all the vendor purchased items being available in homesteads now are you planning on a list considering those prices?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000129283/01003/signature.png]Lelomon[/charsig]

Leloric 60 Hunter
    Leloki 60 Burg

Quote Originally Posted by Leloric View Post
    with all the vendor purchased items being available in homesteads now are you planning on a list considering those prices?
    No, but anyone that wants to can download this to their computer and alter the prices as such. Putting in those discounts would make the spreadsheet too complicated, as I feel I would have to put in stacking discounts for kin houses in the same neighborhood or discount coins as well. I also fear that might make the guide too confusing. I also have no plans to add in the cost of crafting tool damage.

What I will be adding is the cooking guild recipes. That should be coming later this week.

Thanks for updating this. After the original author apparently abandoned it, I created an Excel spreadsheet so that I could enhance it. I've included below the changes and additions to Lore-master Pet Food. Note that the new Master and Supreme recipes substitute Frost and Acid defense for Shadow (pardon the formatting).

Code:
    Pet Food                          Level	Fire     Shadow    Armour   Threat
    Pot of Crude Honey & Oats       14      105       105          105        5%
    Pot of Honey & Oats            24      432       180          396       10%
    Smooth Honey & Oats              35      806       263          945       15%
    Pot of Tasty Honey & Oats       45     1036    338 Frost   1215       15%
    Pot of Delicious Honey & Oats   55     1266    413 Acid    1485       15%
    Regards,

Brad
    Last edited by b-morgan; Dec 02 2008 at 11:17 AM.

Thank you for that addition. I've added that in, as well as the guild recipes and a sheet for the supreme recipes that can be bought with guild friend, ally, and kindred status. If anyone sees any mistakes, please let me know.

I've noticed a little error, Pot of Smooth Honey and Oats uses a Clay Pot, not a Large Clay Pot.

The level points page is a bit misleading as it doesn't take into account the points earned from ingredients. For example, Bread and Jam needs Blackberry Jam and Dough so instead of earning 6 points and needing 100 of them, you earn 14 points and only need 43 of them.

Rack of Lamb with Mint Sauce is 10 points so you need 60. Same with Shepard's Pie.

You're doing great! Keep up the good work!

Regards,

Brad

The items needed for T3 should be updated. Some of the items have been removed, some have been increased in number, and/or the recipes have changed.

Thumbs up Re: Updated Cooking Price Guide (Book 14)

Thanks for this guide. There might be some errors but it provides base stats which are useful in a couple ways.

By the way, are the stack prices street price? I thought they might be but I just wanted to check. They seem a bit high for shop prices.
    "The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on."

Re: Updated Cooking Price Guide (MoM)

Quote Originally Posted by FlyFearless View Post
    Thanks for this guide. There might be some errors but it provides base stats which are useful in a couple ways.

By the way, are the stack prices street price? I thought they might be but I just wanted to check. They seem a bit high for shop prices.
    The vendor items are set to the exact vendor price (not taking into account any discounts from housing or tokens). The farm items are set to a price of 10 cents per. If one farms these items, it will likely cost less than this on average but that is taking into account recipe prices, tool repair, and the uncertain nature of one's farming yield. If instead a player uses the AH the cost may be higher, but 10 cents seemed a fair average based upon typical item prices. I do encourage someone who uses this guide often to download it and tweak it to your needs. The formatting will come out a bit strange going from Google Docs to Excel, so some people have contacted me personally for my Excel version. Please PM me if you would like to be sent that version.

So the stack prices are the accurate shop price for all items that can actually be purchased from a vendor. The prices seem high, particularly for tier 6, but unfortunately they are correct. I have tried to fix any errors as soon as I am alerted to them, and everything should be correct on there as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by b-morgan View Post
    The level points page is a bit misleading as it doesn't take into account the points earned from ingredients. For example, Bread and Jam needs Blackberry Jam and Dough so instead of earning 6 points and needing 100 of them, you earn 14 points and only need 43 of them.

Rack of Lamb with Mint Sauce is 10 points so you need 60. Same with Shepard's Pie.
    When I initially made this page I had a somewhat more advanced functionality in Excel that is not available on Google Docs. I could not find a good way to show this. I also did not want to automatically fill in the number of ingredients used within the cooked food because one might already have the ingredients, like the blackberry jam for example, and would just want to see how many points they would get with the bread and jam. I will assume that most people will look at the ingredients needed for each recipe before planning it out. Since I could not find a satisfactory way to express the use of extra ingredients, I did end up adding a column today that shows if any crafted ingredients are used. It still requires that one sees what these items are, but at least it will provide some extra safeguard. I'd prefer to have the level points on there as an added tool than to take it away because of that shortcoming.

I'm glad that people have found this guide useful. Please continue to let me know if there is anything that needs to be fixed. I try and make sure there aren't any mistakes in it, but sometimes I do miss things when they tweak the recipes. Once Book 7 of Volume 2 comes out I'll double check to make sure they didn't change things again.

~~~bump!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000000b936/01004/signature.png]Wildrose[/charsig]
    Founder & Lifetime Member

Okay, I've started the long process of updates for Book 7. First of all, many of the vendor bought ingredient prices have changes so I updated that throughout. I also removed Golden Shire Taters, as they are no longer available. I do need a bit of help, though--I do not yet have the new soup recipes for the journeyman through master tiers. I made an assumption about their names, but I need to know their resist rating and ingredients. I'll keep an eye out myself, but any help I can get in this would be appreciated, particularly on the journeyman and expert tiers. I will update that part once I have a chance. And as always, let me know if I made any mistakes along the way. Thanks!

Just wanted to say thanks. This has been a useful guide for me.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000000406c/01007/signature.png]Christhalion[/charsig]

Smile Re: Updated Cooking Price Guide (Book 14)

I am looking at starting cooking and this is a *wonderful* guide. Thank you very much for making it available

Okay, I finally decided to put in the work to update this guide for Book 8. Many of the item names have changed and I will be re-alphabitizing this soon. A few of the ingredient names have changed as well, and that too will be altered shortly. I have added in the 3 new guild recipes that can be obtained with Galadhrim rep, and will be putting in the non-guild Galadhrim recipes shortly.