We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

crafted bridle relics question

Hello, Is there a way to craft a bridle relic that is not bound on aquire other than class relics? I have a jeweler, a tailor and a weaponsmith. They all have relics made for themselfs because they are bound to the crafter. Now I have a hunter that has no crafting proffesion and therefore an empty space in the bridle crafted section. Is there a way to fill that gap?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Laithali View Post
    Now I have a hunter that has no crafting proffesion and therefore an empty space in the bridle crafted section. Is there a way to fill that gap?
    Yes.
    Get your Hunter a crafting profession. Get him into a Guild. Earn max standing in said Guild.

In general, if a Relic can be crafted by any Guild (and is not limited to a specific class), then they're going to be BoA and any character that wants one will have to be a member of a Guild to craft it themself.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    Yes.
    Get your Hunter a crafting profession. Get him into a Guild. Earn max standing in said Guild.

In general, if a Relic can be crafted by any Guild (and is not limited to a specific class), then they're going to be BoA and any character that wants one will have to be a member of a Guild to craft it themself.
    Getting a level 100 hunter a proffesion and walk the whole mile to craft 1 relic for a bridle is a bit.... yep. So anybody who wants to fill that gap has to have a proffesion in order to make a crafted relic for a bridle. Thats ......yep too.
    A bound to account crafted relic for a bridle I have not yet seen.

Getting a level 100 hunter a proffesion and walk the whole mile to craft 1 relic for a bridle is a bit.... yep. So anybody who wants to fill that gap has to have a proffesion in order to make a crafted relic for a bridle. Thats ......yep too.
    That begs the question, what have you been doing for the last 100 levels that you chose to ignore crafting on that character? Plus, with the four Guilds you're in, you're not in the Woodworker's Guild. So, if you want to craft your lvl 100 Hunter a lvl 100 First Age, you're going to have to get on that regardless of Bridle Relics.
    A bound to account crafted relic for a bridle I have not yet seen.
    BoA is Bind on Acquire; Which is what the relics in question are.

Don't worry, it's no biggy to not have a crafted relic on your bridle, mounted combat is so ridiculously easy/boring it'll not impact your lack of fun.

The only other liability is you can't make your own "best" crafted relic for your other legendaries either. This will have greater impact, but won't be devastating either.

Finally, you certainly will be able to get a FA or other hunter legendary, as they are not bound, you need not craft your own, anyone else can make them.

The amount of non-fun/non-game time it requires to deal with crafting isn't entirely worth it...most people who involve themselves in crafting actually don't, they go AFK while the crafting is occurring and do something more fun, like wash dishes or clean their basements or watch TV or etc.

Don't sweat it, don't worry about the lack. Investing countless hours in crafting to reduce a few mounted combat fights by seconds is not a good return on the investment, and yes, the "game" is designed that way.
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

Quote Originally Posted by RJFerret View Post
    Finally, you certainly will be able to get a FA or other hunter legendary, as they are not bound, you need not craft your own, anyone else can make them.
    While true, it also means that anyone else can rip you off, by taking the components to craft a lvl 100 FA from you and disappearing.
    So, I prefer to be self-reliant, and encourage others to do the same.

So, I prefer to be self-reliant, and encourage others to do the same.
    Wow, my condolences for whatever transpired in your life that led to such an outlook. Thankfully, in Lotro, we are far more giving and the game is obviously designed for crafters to work together. Obviously anyone who transgressed in the fashion you described would be unable to obtain their own items, the cost to them would be far greater, and they would lose all their social standing/contacts/ability to group and gain assistance in the game. There are also various measures you could take were you actually worried about such a negative outcome.

Similarly, as eBay has taught us, millions of strange people are honest and trustworthy, far more than some might imagine (or the media might lead one to believe). Likewise, most folks in Lotro have legendaries created by others, most symbols I see gained are handed over to someone else sometimes within seconds of it being obtained, without a second thought.

It's healthy to contribute to community, and provides personal health benefits as well, and it obviously costs less when work is distributed, instead of individuals producing redundantly.
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

Wow, my condolences for whatever transpired in your life that led to such an outlook.
    Nothing has happened to me, because as the saying goes; A fool only learns from his own mistakes. The wise learn from the mistakes of others.
    Thankfully, in Lotro, we are far more giving and the game is obviously designed for crafters to work together. Obviously anyone who transgressed in the fashion you described would be unable to obtain their own items, the cost to them would be far greater, and they would lose all their social standing/contacts/ability to group and gain assistance in the game. There are also various measures you could take were you actually worried about such a negative outcome.
    And yet, there have been several threads saying that's exactly what had happened. That someone earns/buys the materials for crafting an LI, but lacks the ability to craft it themself, such as the OP. Then, they commission someone they assume to be trustworthy, hand over their supplies only to see the person log off.

And, of course, there's no recourse available to them. They can't mention the specific player in the forums, because that's against the community guidelines. They can't get the GM's to refund the materials, because they handed them over willingly.

That begs the question, what have you been doing for the last 100 levels that you chose to ignore crafting on that character? Plus, with the four Guilds you're in, you're not in the Woodworker's Guild. So, if you want to craft your lvl 100 Hunter a lvl 100 First Age, you're going to have to get on that regardless of Bridle Relics.

BoA is Bind on Acquire; Which is what the relics in question are.
    My champion weaponsmith can craft hunter weapons first age, so I am self sufficient enough for all 4 level 100 chars I have and that was not the question. my jeweler can craft jewels but not bridle relics to give to an alt, neither can my weaponsmith and tailor.

What I was doiing the last 100 levels on my hunter besides crafting? mmmmm let me think...... I gess the same things my other level 100 chars did only without the crafting bits/time/money/effort.

Don't worry, it's no biggy to not have a crafted relic on your bridle, mounted combat is so ridiculously easy/boring it'll not impact your lack of fun.

The only other liability is you can't make your own "best" crafted relic for your other legendaries either. This will have greater impact, but won't be devastating either.

The amount of non-fun/non-game time it requires to deal with crafting isn't entirely worth it...most people who involve themselves in crafting actually don't, they go AFK while the crafting is occurring and do something more fun, like wash dishes or clean their basements or watch TV or etc.

Don't sweat it, don't worry about the lack. Investing countless hours in crafting to reduce a few mounted combat fights by seconds is not a good return on the investment, and yes, the "game" is designed that way.
    I see your point of vieuw

My champion weaponsmith can craft hunter weapons first age,
    Melee weapons... Perhaps. But, anyone that knows Hunters knows that their damage comes from their Ranged weapons. And, Weaponsmiths can't craft Bow/Crossbows.

for what its worth, you can use shards to create a 90 (or 95) mounted combat relic in the melding window, just takes a lot of shards and a lot of well, lot of shards go to the skirm camp and buy relics there to shard or a ton of your class weapons to get relics to shard from. might check the store too, cant remember if you can buy them for the crafted slot or not, probably not, but worth a look.

professions are extremely easy to level up now vs a few years ago with the processing recipes, a woodworker would be cheap as well as not many use wood, so prices stay pretty low. and you'd be able to craft your bows when done

ok, I did check before posting this, and no you cant get the crafted slot ones by either method...just um crafted lol. Woodworker is still the easiest one I'd say if you do go that route. Leaving first paragraph in though for those who dont know about the relic melded ones, I didn't for a long long time.