We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Bogbereth FTW

Re: Bogbereth FTW

One more to do it.... now on meneldor.. helchgam is my next

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000adf87/01008/signature.png]Dantandir[/charsig]

[QUOTE=Sinistroz;3778445]One more to do it.... now on meneldor.. helchgam is my next

No worries. Helch is lame compared to bog. grats.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000001b1d95/01003/signature.png]Blauer[/charsig]

Helchgam's time.. mordirith is next...

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000adf87/01008/signature.png]Dantandir[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistroz View Post
    One more to do it.... now on meneldor.. helchgam is my next

This screenie makes you look like a Hobbit.

Quote Originally Posted by jeedai View Post
    This screenie makes you look like a Hobbit.
    It also makes it look like your back is on fire. you should go get that checked out.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000001b1d95/01003/signature.png]Blauer[/charsig]

duvelmoortgat is offline Duke of Holbroke and Summerflood
    The Completionist

A new challenge for you wardens;

Have you tried soloing that Raid boss of Annuminas? Valtar or something.

Quote Originally Posted by duvelmoortgat View Post

I'm not going to annuminas again until they've fixed the pathing issues.
    Nerves, of the Brandywine.

Lol raid boss, just a 6 man boss and only reason anyone would kill him is for the sake of the deed. But funny you ask because I was going to try and solo all of Annuminus tonight.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000003b62c/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Originally Posted by [B]Graalx2 [/B]-Directed at Wardens!
    You guys!!! There is such a thing as being too efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDiablo View Post
    Lol raid boss, just a 6 man boss and only reason anyone would kill him is for the sake of the deed. But funny you ask because I was going to try and solo all of Annuminus tonight.
    I went there a while ago and was soloing a boss that was by the lake, and he reset twice. Was totally not worth it. Apparently bk 8 fixes the pathing issues in annuminas, I'd wait until then.
    Nerves, of the Brandywine.

NNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! You're going to wait until tomorrow and let me join you, so I can work on getting the light armour legs.
    Last edited by jeedai; Jun 15 2009 at 01:30 PM.

I love that set, even cosmetically I think it is pretty sweet.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000003b62c/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Originally Posted by [B]Graalx2 [/B]-Directed at Wardens!
    You guys!!! There is such a thing as being too efficient.

I love that set, even cosmetically I think it is pretty sweet.
    The legs and gloves from Annuminas are win. I prefer the boots from Bloodwing and the Helegrod robes though (for RKs and LMs, Minstrel robe is ugly).

I went to fight Bogbereth yesterday -- I'd never done it before. Holy cow, she was huge! And had a ton of morale too. I had some friends there to watch and they burned down all the adds for me. At first one friend thought I was about to fail and started healing me and I had to ask her to please stop as I was letting my morale drop so I could recover power. That actually threw me off my cycle as I then had to just stand there not attacking at all to conserve power while I waited for my morale to drop back down again and by the time it dropped low enough that I could use the Dark Before the Dawn all my HoTs and self-buffs had worn off.

Anyway, it's a very long fight and I used a whole bunch of power/morale potions -- power so I wouldn't have to let my morale drop so often and morale because I'd get greedy and try to throw in three or four Dark Before the Dawn's before I threw up a HoT again.

I should add, I'm a 60 Warden with good virtues and some radiance pieces and the Shield capstone traited with a legacied Conviction for 136 morale every 3 seconds for 18 seconds -- maybe you can do it at a lower level or with worse armour or traits or something. If so, then more power to you, I applaud you.

I've considered going back and trying to solo all the adds *and* Bogbereth but it would seriously be like an hour long fight or longer and honestly I have better things to do with my time than to go test that out (and, who knows, I might make a mistake and die).

Afterwards, we killed all the spiders in the room and spawned her again and again and again as four people all wanted her head as a trophy. With several 60's beating on her, she went down quickly.
    As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he joined the Smaug The Dragon raid. Then he asked for leadership, looted the chest, assigned himself the 1st age Arkenstone and mailed it to an alt (Bilbo's a VIP so can mail from anywhere). They did some PvMP and an Epic Battle, then he apologized and gave the Arkenstone back because it wasn't BoA. He kept the pony.

I love Banaticus' sig. lmao Sooo true! I want a pony!!!!
    Officer in Windfola's House of Blackrock: a great, casual kin of people who play a lot. http://hobonline.org

Yeah -- I've maintained since the first beta that it would be lore appropriate for us to get ponys and horses at first level (and saddlebags too, but that's another story).
    As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he joined the Smaug The Dragon raid. Then he asked for leadership, looted the chest, assigned himself the 1st age Arkenstone and mailed it to an alt (Bilbo's a VIP so can mail from anywhere). They did some PvMP and an Epic Battle, then he apologized and gave the Arkenstone back because it wasn't BoA. He kept the pony.

I joined the "I soloed Bogbereth" club today. Not sure it should count though, since about 40k in, all her adds bugged out and went into anti-exploit. So I just stood and tanked her instead of doing the kite and drain thing that I had been doing. She doesn't hit that hard herself, so without the adds it was pretty easy. Wasn't that hard anyway but I could tell it would have taken a really long time just draining everything to death.
    [color=red]Urgbuz, Warleader - Urgbash, Reaver[/color]
    [color=lightblue]Zubgru Goldenmullet, Warden - Jonathalien, Hunter - Andraiel, Captain[/color]

I also joined the club today. It was something I'd been putting off for a while, but a feat I recall watching on YouTube a couple months ago to quell my doubts when I was leveling my waden and feeling rather squishy and far from confident.

Took about 15 minutes, no buffs, no potions, no outside help. Talk about anticlimactic. Riptalon in Moria is honestly a bit scarier to go toe-to-toe with.

Toward the end though, right around 15k morale, when I was out of power and could only toss out an EoB twice a minute (from ICPR), all her adds evade bugged (yay -- nothing to leech! - ugg) except for the Matron. I took a serious beating from the angry duo. Managed to get a couple DBDs off, by which time I was down to 900 morale. A Resto, Celebration, Persevere, and a quick run around the room, though, and all was well. Whew.

I admit to getting impatient periodically and using a few Warden's Triumph -> Mighty Blow combos that in retrospect I shouldn't have. They ate way too much power. I don't think I'd have had that near brush with death if I'd just stuck to leeching and autoattacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Hethyba View Post
    I joined the "I soloed Bogbereth" club today. Not sure it should count though, since about 40k in, all her adds bugged out and went into anti-exploit. So I just stood and tanked her instead of doing the kite and drain thing that I had been doing. She doesn't hit that hard herself, so without the adds it was pretty easy. Wasn't that hard anyway but I could tell it would have taken a really long time just draining everything to death.
    Had the same thing happen the other day. She definitely went down a lot faster after that though
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000019bee4/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Any chance my LM could join this club?
    I've tried 2 times so far first time i got her down to 31k and my pet died
    Second time i got her to 55k and she bugged out and reset (i cried a little)
    Have a SS of the first and a video of the second if anyone wants to see it

Quote Originally Posted by ndbot View Post
    Had the same thing happen the other day. She definitely went down a lot faster after that though
    It happened not long after the Matron died. I think perhaps stuff bugged out when another one tried to respawn. My friend who was watching me said he got put into combat too when the fight bugged out. Bogbereth went buggy too for a moment too, until I realized it and stood right under her nose.

If this isn't a one time thing it might be worth /bugging.
    [color=red]Urgbuz, Warleader - Urgbash, Reaver[/color]
    [color=lightblue]Zubgru Goldenmullet, Warden - Jonathalien, Hunter - Andraiel, Captain[/color]

21. Aug 13 2009, 12:05 AM

Quote Originally Posted by duvelmoortgat View Post

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=278123&page=4

We need a "Warden's Sojourn of Middle Earth" deed, even if its out of game, for things they have to do.

Thinks like, solo elite masters, run solo instances, run group instances with under-level groups (ie, 60 Warden running Great Barrows with a fellow full of level 16's - 18's) and making sure they don't die (whats the point of being a tank if you can't keep your group alive, right?)

Then, the wardens that do that can be awarded some recognition and knowledge of being some darn good wardens.

What is the list of things, that realistically, can be done in order of increasing challenge by a warden at level 60?

• Run Great Barrow solo
    • Run Haud Icharth(? - the bree rep dungeon, both level 40+ and level 50+ areas) solo
    • ???
    • Run Tomb of Elendil solo
    • ???
    • ???

Scrapped ideas:
    • Defeat any other wardens on your server who have achieved the same deeds as you!
    Last edited by Brednyth; Aug 13 2009 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Another idea...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001298a7/01008/signature.png]Brednyth[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Brednyth View Post

• Defeat any other wardens on your server who have achieved the same deeds as you!
    That one would be simply impossible. Any two wardens of equal skill would simply time-out the fight.
    "The cleanliness of theory is no match for the mess of reality."

Quote Originally Posted by Arromir View Post
    That one would be simply impossible. Any two wardens of equal skill would simply time-out the fight.
    Very true - but it'd be entertaining as hell to watch.

Well, lets scrap that idea then.....
    Last edited by Brednyth; Aug 13 2009 at 12:54 AM. Reason: scrapping great idea
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001298a7/01008/signature.png]Brednyth[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by treefallingquietly View Post
    Excellent!!!

Gee, too bad Wardens cant tank nor can they offer anything to groups....
    Umm, really? I have tanked several instances on my warden and i can hold more aggro than guardians. I do require more healing on my warden than on my guard, so it's a trade-off. If you can't tank on your warden either you're doing something wrong or your fellowship is. Also, look for the legacies Exultation of Battle Threat Up and War-cry Threat Up, they make a huge difference.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast