We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: The Watcher

Exclamation The Watcher

IF YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILERS ABOUT THE DETAILS OF THE INSTANCE IN WHICH YOU FIGHT THE WATCHER, STOP READING THIS.

This is the story of how Death Guild (and a member of No Quarter) took on the Watcher in the most disorganized and unprepared way they possibly could.

Our brave adventurers:

Trodomir, Xevian, Mike the Lynx, Thalya, Valaraen (Death Guild) and Rootbeeriel (No Quarter)

Wow, that was a lot of frogs we just had to kill! Epic! So, we're done, right?

Nope, sorry. Now we have to fight like 10 rooms full of bugs, and two enormous centipede queens.

That was a pretty intense bug-fight. Epic! So we're done now, right?

Thalya: And... next, we have to fight Sauron!
    Valaraen: I call dibs on the eye!

Wrong again! Looks like we've come to a spider-infested hellhole! And we did, it was FULL of SPIDERS~

Xevian: Ha, look, Val, your favorite.
    Valaraen: Die.

So, wow! That was insane - we've got to be done. Oh, cool, here comes Bori to unlock the door. Thanks for your "help," Bori. Lazy dwarf.

After he unlocked the door and nothing bad happened, we figured we were done for real.

Our suspicions were "confirmed" when we got to the fancy "end of the level" room and saw Broin with a glowing ring over his head.
    So we all started congratulating ourselves on our EPIC SUCCESS and talking about the intense spiders and bugs and frogs and 3 epic boss fights.

Virtual high-fives, as it were, for an epic instance well done, and for finding Broin.

But then... We realized that Broin had something else he wanted us to do....
    Last edited by Valaraen; Mar 01 2009 at 12:25 AM.
    Illuvarion Silwë of Gondolin - Vanimar (Laurelin) | "You can't spell 'Noldor' without 'No'"
    "It was on fire when I got here." | Valaraein Avariquen of Lórien - Death Guild (Landroval)

2. Feb 28 2009, 08:22 PM

Exclamation Re: The Watcher

...fight this little guy called "The Watcher in the Water." No problem, right? Thanks, Broin. We can totally handle it. LOL!

We expected a cinematic "drama" sequence and then a port back to the 21st Hall to talk to bori, get the Phat Lewtz and collect our XP.

AND OUT POPS THE WATCHER AND STARTS ATTACKING US. TENTACLES EVERYWHERE.

WAIT. WHAT?!?!! ARE YOU F*CKING SERIOUS?!?!!?!!11!!

WE ACTUALLY HAVE TO FIGHT THE WATCHER FOR REAL? O_O

This guy isn't messing around, he'll f*ck your sh*t up.

Death Guild's official motto: "I can't see what could possibly go wrong with this idea."

And that's how we ended up fighting The Watcher in the Water by accident.
    Illuvarion Silwë of Gondolin - Vanimar (Laurelin) | "You can't spell 'Noldor' without 'No'"
    "It was on fire when I got here." | Valaraein Avariquen of Lórien - Death Guild (Landroval)

Re: The Watcher

Hehe, i like that motto. Nicely done Val.

Edit: I feel sorry for Trodomir, out in the water like that.
    "No, you are right. There is strength in these hobbits yet,
    and if they need to repel dangers from outside, they will do so."

-Ranger Halros

Talking Re: The Watcher

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthelia View Post
    Hehe, i like that motto. Nicely done Val.
    Thanks! It was EPIC fun. I'm so glad I thought to take screenshots to document the insanity.

We seriously had no frickin' clue what we were getting into. We were just like "hey guys, let's finish off book 4, shouldn't be hard. we've got enough for almost a full group!"

We also thought it wouldn't take so long - unmentioned above, in the middle of the instance I HAD TO GO HOME FROM WORK* so everyone had to STAY IN THE INSTANCE and WAIT FOR ME TO GET HOME (a little over 20 minutes travel time)! LOL, what a bunch of troopers we all are

*(in case you're wondering, no... playing LotRO at work isn't slacking off, at my job)

Edit: I feel sorry for Trodomir, out in the water like that.
    Oh, it was so bad... he was just BOBBING AROUND out there there, tanking for the group and whacking the watcher with an axe. Hilarious. Good things dwarves are apparently buoyant!
    Last edited by Valaraen; Mar 03 2009 at 05:34 AM.

so i take it you killed him? :P
    [COLOR=darkred][B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4]Mellonwe - 65 Hunter (Main)[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/COLOR]
    [B][SIZE=4][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=darkred]Melruina - 65 LM[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B]
    [B][SIZE=4][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=darkred]Panera - 65 RK[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B]
    [B][SIZE=4][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=darkred]Insu - 65 Warden[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B]

Well, sort of.

He runs away when you get him down to a certain point in his health bar. :|

But we did "win" the instance.

next is to get your radiance armour set and then take him on in The Vile Maw
    [COLOR=darkred][B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4]Mellonwe - 65 Hunter (Main)[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/COLOR]
    [B][SIZE=4][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=darkred]Melruina - 65 LM[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B]
    [B][SIZE=4][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=darkred]Panera - 65 RK[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B]
    [B][SIZE=4][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=darkred]Insu - 65 Warden[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Maeshani View Post
    next is to get your radiance armour set and then take him on in The Vile Maw
    That sounds awesome.

Unfortunately, I really don't have the time to play enough to do all the instances required for the radiance gear. Time constraints are really a big reason why I don't raid, too.

well besides the 16th hall, it is really easy to do most of the instances in under an hour. so are even only like 20 min. so usually it isnt too hard to do them .
    [center][url=http://my.lotro.com/character/brandywine/flargon/][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000001a0168/01008/signature.png]Flargon[/charsig][/url]

[url=http://my.lotro.com/character/brandywine/arogost/]Arogost-60 Hunter[/url][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by kujayhawk7637 View Post
    well besides the 16th hall, it is really easy to do most of the instances in under an hour. so are even only like 20 min. so usually it isnt too hard to do them .
    Are they more than 4-6 person fellowship instances?

6 person balanced group instances... theres regular mode and hard mode... hard mode requires you do something special in a certain amount of time and gets you the radiance armour piece at the end while easy mode gets the lower powered sets

Quote Originally Posted by Maeshani View Post
    6 person balanced group instances... theres regular mode and hard mode... hard mode requires you do something special in a certain amount of time and gets you the radiance armour piece at the end while easy mode gets the lower powered sets
    Hmm, I'll have to give it a go at some point.

Probably have to find a pick-up group or something - there are only 10 people in my kin, and we all tend to play at different times, unless we set something up. We're not big on group instances or anything, but we're getting to the end of book 5 in Moria and it's just gonna keep getting harder from here on out. :\

Thalya and I are a little more into the group stuff than the rest of the guild is.

My kin is right around the same size and we manage to do the instances. If we don't have enough people on we usually have people in our friends list from other kins we can send a tell to and they usually grab whatever people they can from their kin to help out. What we first did was run through the instances just to kill everything in it to feel out where everything was, how the mechanics of each boss fight and spawns worked until we got the hang of it and then went in to try it on hard mode. Also there always seems to be people sending out requests of needing a fellowship or needing more for an already formed fellowship in the LFF channel for different instances. Just keep your eyes open.

I'm glad there's some other tiny little kinships out there

I think we've just got to get everyone together one night and run through a couple of them. It takes some e-mailing, phone conversations and scheduling but we've done it before.

Quote Originally Posted by Valaraen View Post
    And that's how we ended up fighting The Watcher in the Water by accident.
    I love it! Great story!

MoL

Probably have to find a pick-up group or something - there are only 10 people in my kin, and we all tend to play at different times, unless we set something up.
    I'm glad there's some other tiny little kinships out there

I think we've just got to get everyone together one night and run through a couple of them. It takes some e-mailing, phone conversations and scheduling but we've done it before.
    If you haven't done it, you guys might want to try something that some of us have done on Gladden. We have something called the Gladden Kinship Alliance (GKA), which is an allied group of small-to-medium sized kins. (IIRC, we basically set the upper limit as having around 20 *active* members or less, but that number is a bit flexible). We have our own in-game chat channel and have an out-of-game website & forums where we can schedule group runs and let people know about them ahead of time.

It's a great way to find groups for doing instances, epic quests, and so forth, and allows us to get to know some other folks on the server pretty well, well at the same time letting each kin keep its individuality. All it really takes is one person who knows enough about web stuff to set up a website & forums are you are off and running (since anyone can create an in-game chat channel).
    Á auta mornië! i cala tula lennar! ("Flee, darkness! The light comes upon you!")

Quote Originally Posted by MithrilSoul View Post
    If you haven't done it, you guys might want to try something that some of us have done on Gladden. We have something called the Gladden Kinship Alliance (GKA), which is an allied group of small-to-medium sized kins. (IIRC, we basically set the upper limit as having around 20 *active* members or less, but that number is a bit flexible). We have our own in-game chat channel and have an out-of-game website & forums where we can schedule group runs and let people know about them ahead of time.

It's a great way to find groups for doing instances, epic quests, and so forth, and allows us to get to know some other folks on the server pretty well, well at the same time letting each kin keep its individuality. All it really takes is one person who knows enough about web stuff to set up a website & forums are you are off and running (since anyone can create an in-game chat channel).
    That's a pretty good idea! I did not realize that people could create in-game chat channels - how do you do it? Just the basic fellowship channel?

Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfLions View Post
    I love it! Great story!

MoL
    Thanks!

It was quite the experience. We had no clue what we were doing.