We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Sons of Durin: a Complete Kinship

Belraene has decided to finally do it!

If you are interested in trying out an all Loremaster turtle raid, please reply to Belraene with your name either in a tell if I am online or in-game mail. I will invite kin first, but I have posted an invite on the my.lotro.com forums.

Unleash the fury of your beasts: Bear, Cat, Bird! The numbers of loremaster allies will be an awesome sight to see!

Saturday 1/15 10:00am PST/1:00pm EST.

Requirements: Level 58+, try and have acid resist gear, bring morale and power pots, food, good humor, thrill seeking adventuresome spirit!

Loremaster power!!

The first SoD All Loremaster Raid! Congratulations to the following Loremasters who successfully killed Nornuan!!

Wezzal - Sons of Durin
    Regamus - Sons of Durin
    Indorin - Sons of Durin
    Alieraekierom - The Khazad Lavode
    Miren - Sons of Durin
    Wahuom - Knights of Middle Earth
    Kirkric - Honour and Glory
    Falanu - Sons of Durin
    Ninian - Guardians of the Veiled Rose
    Pendarric - Sons of Durin
    Bawllinn - Sons of Durin
    Belraene - Sons of Durin
    Last edited by princess-lily; Jan 24 2011 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Event completed

There is so much to do in LOTRO! Besides the everyday questing, LI advancement, skirmishing, etc. the Sons of Durin also offer in-game kinship events.

The kinship events are a fun way to have further kinship involvement. Getting to know some of your fellow players is one reward. Participation is voluntary, but there usualy are prizes that will tempt members into joining the event!

Prizes will vary and there are times when the event doesn't have a prize due to the instance loot (or other reason) that will be had.

Cheers and have fun gaming!

The Loremaster turtle raid was a great success, thanks Bel. Next up I believe is an all RK raid.
    Freeps: Bragae R10, Dakeras R8, Culian R7, Bailen, Lanovar, Conovar, Pendaeric
    Creeps Bragha R9, Bragmedic R8, Braghae R9

New members are encouraged to participate in Sons of Durin Upcoming Events:

Ettemoors Mondays - Freeps
    Ettenmoor Wednesdays - Creeps
    Photography Contest ~ Deadline March 1
    An All Runekeeper Turtle Run
    A Team Scavenger Hunt in Michel Delving
    Home Makeover Lottery

This is a fun way to get to know some of your kinmates and in most cases win some loot!

*bow*

See kin website for details!

The Sons of Durin - All Same Class Turtle Raid is open to all of Nimrodel

If you are interested in trying out an all Same Class Turtle Raid, please reply to Belraene with your name either in a tell if I am online or in-game mail. I can hold a spot for 10 minutes only. This will be a first come first served event.

We had an all Hunter raid. Lots of fun, but didn't quite do it. (we will have to retry the hunter group!)

We had an all Loremaster raid. Lots of fun again! And the LM's killed that beastly Nornuan!

We had the all Runekeeper turtle raid! Turtle soup for all!

Next up ~ Which class is the most inspired to give the all same class raid a try?

Requirements: Level 58+, try and have acid resist gear, bring morale and power pots, food, good humor, thrill seeking adventuresome spirit!
    Last edited by princess-lily; Feb 21 2011 at 07:33 PM. Reason: update

Bump rather then to post a new topic

Bump rather then to post a new topic

Summer time kin events forming up! Get your memory caps on for Recurve's Memory madness!

Quote Originally Posted by Lanovar View Post
    Yes we are a family-friendly Kinship and there is no age limit although it is expected all members do follow the Kinship Community Etiquette.
    Much respect to you guys, everyday I log in I see atleast a few of you roaming around any area I am in and anytime you guys need anything Lethal Hitmen will be here.
    Goat: Every class at 130 on Landy, Multiple classes on Arkenstone

Goatski! Thanks for the message

Kin members ~ look around for signs of a soon to come special event! Coming very soon will be announcements of a most unusual and exciting gathering!

Cool Re: Sons of Durin: a Complete Kinship

Just wanted to say I've been a member of the kin for a few months and I have to say it has made my gaming experience that much better. I recently leveled up my second character to 65 and look forward to many adventures with SoD.

The next event is also open to the server! Chicken Invaders in Bree Town!

On October 15, meet at Sandson's Farm (just north of Michel Delving). Here your chance to be a part of a chicken "flash mob"! What would it be like to have 24-40 (or more) chickens storming Bree Town? Fun! Let's do session play as chickens with as MANY Sons of Durin as possible! Target date: Saturday October 15 Time: 10:00am pacific/1pm EST

You do need to be able to play as a free range chicken. There are three prerequisites found at this link the first of which is "Which Laid First" located here on the forums or here with a map at lotro.mmodb.

Once those three are done you are ready.

All you need to do on the day of the event is meet at Sandson's Farm. Once everyone is ready, start any one of the available quests. We won't be completing the quests, we will just use the time to play chickens and run to Bree Town to stir up trouble! Run rampant but avoid Beggar's Ally as there are Brigands that can kill chickens.

As a chicken stay on the road to Bree Town as even stinging flies can kill!

But it should be great fun especially if we can locate unsuspecting players! We may need to advertise in the OOC after we form up our group to see if there might be other crazy chickens at heart that want to join in this wacky event with the Sons of Durin!

There is room for 200 in the chicken session play. I don't suppose we can get that many, but we can only scratch the ground and hope to catch some worm eating fun times!

13. Oct 20 2011, 05:39 AM

Events make the kinship more interesting with offering other things to do!

Last Saturday we had our own Oktoberfest! A great turnout with nice prizes and fun! We had a LOTRO Trivia game thanks to Denwyn

We had Trick or Treating at the kinship homestead neighborhood!

Followed by a charge of the Sons of Durin from the Thorins Hall homestead to Michel Delving. With two raids of kin and in a follow the leader ride it was pretty funny and fun!

Next events scheduled: Thurs 11/3 at 10pm EST is an All Minstral Turtle Raid! This is a series of All Same Class Turtle Raids. This has been an exciting and interesting game.

Saturday November 26 is the start of a new series called Ilvanor's Pub Crawl. Out first attempt at some role playing and story telling fun. We will begin with the Golden Perch at 3pm EST.

More opportunities for chickens to complete some quests with protectors will be offered in the near future!

Many of these event offer server fun as well! Have fun and see you in the game!

Ilvanor's Pub Crawl

The theme for this gathering is "Stories of Fortuitous Adventures"

And there were tales! Lots of laughter and some interesting brew. Thanks to Ilvanor for leading us into our story exchange. Elunera brought good pipeweed and ale. Logrjigi was a fashion statement and had the eyes of several young hobbits. Finnan was prepared to throw out trouble makers. Fortunately there were none! Denwyn and Sperra hung out at the bar and looked a little loopy. Not sure if it was them or me! And Fairagon came to shout out to the world this and that! It didn't quite make sense..but still a nice newcomer. Photos were taken but dropped outside in the water. Oh well, there is always next time!

The remaining schedule is:

December 3rd - The Floating Log and theme is "Humorous Tales or Misadventures"

What an experience! The crowd was too numerous to name (apologies to all). Denwyn brought Toad's Tongue Ale or something close to that..and eww. I do not like a drink that feels like it is alive as you swallow it! The Shire Sweet Leaf Pipeweed was remarkable..I placed an order for my own supply! Ilvanor lead us in another fabulous world of tales. I swear I heard croaking but couldn't quite locate the source. Looking for our next pub event! See you there!

December 10th - Green Dragon and theme is "Tales of Heroism and Bravery"

December 17th - Ivy Bush Inn and theme is "Retelling of Getting Lost and Needing Rescue"

December 24th (subject to change) - Bird & Baby Inn with the theme "Things That Gave Hope to Keep on Going"

http://sonsofdurin.guildlaunch.com/

Smile Re: Sons of Durin: a Complete Kinship

Glad to see that Sons of Durin doesn't hold grudges and leaves what happens in PvP in the moors where it belongs by accepting butta's alt acct. guard, Cocopebbles, as a recruit. A very nice gesture on SoD's part.
    [center][color=red]Now roaming the earth searching for a fun, interesting game.......again.[/color][/center]

[center][URL=http://s545.photobucket.com/user/fenderp61/media/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg.html][IMG]http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh367/fenderp61/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Gladgilrian View Post
    Glad to see that Sons of Durin doesn't hold grudges and leaves what happens in PvP in the moors where it belongs by accepting butta's alt acct. guard, Cocopebbles, as a recruit. A very nice gesture on SoD's part.
    We don't allow for that type of behavior; we don't take sides and belittle other players preferences or play styles. We also have many active monster players as well as a tribe of our own in the moors.
    Last edited by Lanovar; Jan 01 2012 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladgilrian View Post
    Man Spidey... How did you know Cocopebbles was Butta???

Miss ya btw
    Bigslick

Quote Originally Posted by princess-lily View Post
    Try again, as players leave, room is available.

Send a tell to an officer to join: Serren, Belraene, Logrjigi, Sammybo, Jubelee, Tomborn, Kshatryia, or ask a sons of Durin member for the name of an officer online.
    Sammybo = Sammypoo the reaver??

Just Curious
    Bigslick

I don't think sammybo a alt of one of our raid leaders pvp much so I doubt that he is the same person. In regards to coco it really doesn't matter who he plays on creepside as long as he follows our kinship rules which he has done perfectly. The goal of the game is to have fun regardless of who you are. We all have our dark sides and creepside is the place to let that dark shine in my opinion.

On another note: Sons of durin has moved our raid setup onto a rapid raid system to try to give everyone a shot at raiding.

We are currently recruiting people who want to Raid or share in a community good people.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0100001b076f/signature.png]Vishon[/charsig]

Belraene is the name and Events are my game!

Next event ~ Feb 25 will be the ever crazy Chicken session play! New members can earn their Cloak of the Cluck or longer term members can complete the Rivendell run with a few chicken Protectors to help you succeed!

March 17 ~ Sparring event by class type. Three class winners and a Champion among them! Prizes include a Worn symbol of Celebrimbor, Removal Scroll, Greater Scroll of the Delving...and more

Upcoming a new muli-player musical contest requiring at least one dancer! Judging criteria ~ Appearance, song choice and the dance that is performed to it.

Registered users check forums for all the details and to sign up!

Crazy Chicken session play? Might be time for another. bump

Hey guys, are you still recruiting? If so, room for an Elf champ? (Low level at the moment since the last time I played was about 3 years ago and I missed out on transfering my account from codemasters )

Sure we are still recruiting, just visit us at http://sonsofdurin.guildlaunch.com and sign up.

25. Oct 20 2012, 11:54 AM

26. Oct 30 2012, 04:30 PM

About the Dwarf only kinships people have been trying to form. Take it from one that's been there it can't be done successfully. In order for a kinship to flourish and grow all classes are needed to form progressive kinship raids and events. There is no other way to do this except to have your other class/race characters in another kinship, which takes away from what you could be doing with that group of kin mates. So after learning early in the progression of this game, we discovered our history. The Sons of Durin is one of the largest community of players on Nimrodel who have come together for one common goal, to have a good time exploring Middle-earth.
    Now that RoR has released and people are getting to 85, Recruitment is now open once again please visit us at http://sonsofdurin.guildlaunch.com
    Last edited by Lanovar; Nov 01 2012 at 08:48 PM.

Lightbulb

Why are they're So Many Replies to this?It has Nothing to do with Wanting to join so What are tyou talking about exactly?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast