We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Waterworks Glass-Spiders not appearing ... invisible

Title says it all. Well ... most of it. Everything else works normal there just seems to be a problem with the spiders mesh not appearing. Im basically fighting floating names, so to speak. Its not just the Ambushers its also the Fell ones also.

Coords at the moment are 15.2S, 114.9W so all the spiders around that area in Waterworks. Others are saying they appear as "ghostly mists" to them but im not seeing a single thing, just the name.

Haven't noticed any problems with any other mobs so far, but ill update it as I find them.

Not sure what info to provide other than 9600GT SLI with the latest drivers.

Re: Waterworks Glass-Spiders not appearing ... invisible

We noticed it also running around the WW about 1-2 weeks ago. They might be invisible for everyone?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050100000c524c/signature.png]Krakh[/charsig]

Well I asked in the zones OOC and only response I got was one person who said they appear as "ghostly mists."

Not sure what it is. Someone else said they changed the model to make them look different but I dont think invisible spiders were their intention. Then again I wouldnt really be that surprised lately.

Its really annoying though. Those spiders are everywhere in that zone! I wouldnt mind a quick fix while I finished up Waterworks so if anyone can tell me how to get them to look like "ghostly mists" it'd help a lot. Ill shamefully just add it to my long list of Turbine screw ups thats have been going on lately but at least ill be able to finish. I tried playing around with graphic settings a little but it didn't seem to help.

Here's a screenie:

No spider. Before anyone mentions it ... they stealth, I know that but I should be able to see it if I was attacking it. Plus I was already hitting it for a while, it was at least at half life when I took the screenie.

P.S: Thats not a "ghostly mist" its the ending (fading away) of the effect from a lightning attack RK's have.
    Last edited by j0k3r238; Apr 11 2009 at 05:57 AM.

I just did the Spider's Nest instance for the first time since getting a new graphics card. I turned up my graphics settings all the way, and then noticed that all the spiders (yes ALL of them!) are invisible.

I don't konw if it has something to do with a texture setting or what--I haven't tried to trouble-shoot which setting makes them turn invisible, but you might check that instance to see if they're invisible for you there as well.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/02204010000049ebc/signature.png]Sneakums[/charsig]
    Rogoth (65 Champion), Nicci (65 Runekeeper), Meneldor
    Member of Fourth Eorlingas! Also starring Kiarda Kismet (59 Loremaster)

Quote Originally Posted by j0k3r238 View Post
    Title says it all. seems to be a problem with the spiders mesh not appearing.

This is a known issue.

If I remember correctly you need to have your graphics below "High" to see them.
    Fiducia Prognatus Ignarus

::Gladden::
    Champion: Elmegil; Leader of Megiliath Gondolin
    Many miscellaneous alts
    Warg - Smersh

Yes... same problem here - using BFG 9800 GTX and Nvidia's latest WHQL drivers 182.50. Not sure if this is driver related as I hadn't been to the Waterworks for a good while.

Creepy though.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000071c7a/01001/signature.png]Florigloin[/charsig]

Yep, it's in the "known issues" doc/post for Book 7.

Ok found the doc for it in the known bugs.

"Monsters - Moria - Waterworks - Fell Glass-spiders can appear invisible on High Material Detail settings."

If you lower Material Detail to low (only two settings) they come out as the mists everyone in game was telling me about. Much rather just turn on floaty names while in Waterworks. Are they supposed to look like "mists" now?

How'd this bug get through? Did no one in the test server go to Waterworks?

EDIT: Apparently lowering the setting then bringing it back up leaves then visible as mists without lowering your settings indefinitely. Probably have to do it everytime you load the game though.
    Last edited by j0k3r238; Apr 12 2009 at 02:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by j0k3r238 View Post
    How'd this bug get through? Did no one in the test server go to Waterworks?
    The same thing also happens in the Spider's Nest Instance. I bugged it on Bullroarer for what it's worth.

Dano
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000038431/01001/signature.png]Danormur[/charsig][/CENTER]

I only see the spiders as mists also. And given the fact that I'm running 64bit Vista, I can't run any other Nvidia drivers other than 178.24, if I try to run the latest ones I get "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered." after about 5 minutes of play, roll back to 178.24 and I never have an issue again.
    What do we have to do to get Haunted Burrow housing items? <- Finally happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Danluyen View Post
    The same thing also happens in the Spider's Nest Instance. I bugged it on Bullroarer for what it's worth.

Dano
    I see. Well, good to know they knew about this yet decided to release it anyway. Kinda wonder if they knew all this other instability b/s was coming yet decided to move forward regardless. Who knows what else they knew about.

Quote Originally Posted by CGDrakken View Post
    I only see the spiders as mists also. And given the fact that I'm running 64bit Vista, I can't run any other Nvidia drivers other than 178.24, if I try to run the latest ones I get "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered." after about 5 minutes of play, roll back to 178.24 and I never have an issue again.
    I have Vista 64 and never gotten that error. Been past 178.24 for quite a while.

Are you using DX10 graphics?
    What do we have to do to get Haunted Burrow housing items? <- Finally happened.

Quote Originally Posted by CGDrakken View Post
    Are you using DX10 graphics?
    Yeah, had all kinds of different settings since that release, DX10 included.

Just to note:

If you have post processing turned off ( I turn off post processing when in waterworks to avoid some of the effects like excessive fog and the drunken blurr effect from fighting toads). the spiders will not show.

OK I'm trying to deal with the 'Invisible Spiders' after the Patch. Prior to the Patch I could turn down Material Detail to Low and turn on Post Processing so I could see the white spider 'mists'.

Since the Patch that does not appear to work any longer, after trying several different adjustments including lowering ALL the graphics to their lowest setting I still can't see spiders in the Spider Instance. Unfortunately now you lose your Infused Adamant when you fail the instance so I'd suggest if anyone has these issues experiment in the Waterworks and not in the Spider Instance.

I'm running an ATI HD 2600 and have the latest Driver (released about 3 weeks ago). Has anyone found a new work around for the spiders?
    Reconadan 90 Hunter/R7 ::: Reconamir 75 Captain/R4 ::: Reconien 75 Champion/R6
    Reconi 75 LoreMaster/R7 ::: Elavyan 75 Minstrel/R4 :::Reconorin 75 Guardian
    Westfold/Kindred::: Tinker/Armourer/Historian/Explorer/Woodsman

What are they supposed to look like now? It's been a long while since I've been in Water Works, was there for other night for turtle and thought I saw a fuzzy glow on way there. Then, yesterday I decided to run the spider instance for exp and noticed ALL spiders are now fuzzy glows. I have always had white defined spiders up until now. Is fuzzy glow the new look? I failed bad at spider instance, you cannot judge distance well at all just using floaty names and white wisps of spiders.