We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Bullroarer Error Message

I just tried to download and install Bullroarer and got the error message:

LOTRO-US-Bullroarer-MoMBook7-Downlader-HighRes.exe is not a valid Win32 application

Re: Bullroarer Error Message

I am getting the same message after downloading and attempting to run the program. Am really hoping to find some information on what the cause may be, too.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000f0c7a/01001/signature.png]Drogarth[/charsig]

I'm glad I'm not the only one. My guess is the file they have posted is corrupt or something.

If it makes any sense I downloaded the installer using VISTA Home and IE 8

There are some sort of checksum problems with this download, I used my previously downloaded bullroarer install and was able to patch, but new download failed.
    Resident of Evernight. Favourite classes: on feet - Hunter/Rune-keeper, mounted - Captain/Champion.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I do not have a previous Bullroarer installer, and I have tried downloading it several times and to several different locaitons.

Yea just got some checksum error while downloading then i got this at install...
    Any ideas Turbine ????

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000011277d/01003/signature.png]Urranus[/charsig]

i'm getting invalid checksum errors as well..
    -Apok of Elendilmir

And still no reply from Turbine.

I just downloaded it at work, and by all apprearences it seems to be working just fine when I started to run it.

Obviously though I did not actually beging to install it on my work computer.

yep your not alone they bugged it bad i get the same error i even tried the old beta for moria and it wont even load looks like were out i wish tech support would get a phone number so we can get things fixed we do pay for the game to play
    Abcronis Level 65 Warden, Abtron Level 65 Lore-Master, Adbron Level 65 Captian, Abthorn Level 65 Minstrel, Adbo Level 65 Burglar, Abkillie Level 65 Guardian, Abgangus level 60 Rune Keeper, Abkarian level 8 champion

I know what you mean.

I eventually got it to download, though it took forever. I hada few checksum errors though, which caused a few problems with the install, but I am hoping I can get around that by copying over the live file into the same folder for Bullroarer, and get the game to update them for me.

I'll let you know if I get it to work here in a few minutes

I lucked out on all those error messages, installed the game and updated flawlessly...only to be met with the following message after I logged in to Bullroarer...

"lotro_client.exe is already running"

at which point it CTDs. Every time I tried launching the game the Launcher ran, logged me in and would CTD with the same error.

So close...yet so far...
    ~NOST CORUFAER~
    An all Elven Kinship, perfecting
    [Prized Pie] since the Dawn of the Second Age...only on Elendilmir.
    "It began with a leaf caught in the wind..."

Unhappy Re: Bullroarer Error Message

I am getting the same error i think called the checksum... would this effect anything in the future?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000007b698/01003/signature.png]Lindiron[/charsig]
    Lindiron - Champion - 60 ... Yungburg - Burgular - 60 ... Limes - Hunter - 45 ...
    Johannberg - Captain - 46 ... Dwwarf - Rune-keeper - 25 ... Ups - Minstrel - 21 ...
    Protege - Loremaster - 18 (Currently Leveling)

You may or may not have trouble installing the bullroarer client. If you do it will give you an error message for whatever file it is. Best bet would be to try to download it again over a stable connection.