We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

FIXED my crashes, freezes, lockups

Like many of you and to borrow someone's quote in these forums "....Sometimes I CTD every few minutes, sometimes I can play for a little while and CTD once and never again, and occasionally I can play for an extended period of time with no CTD at all.....".

I made one small change after finding someone's suggestion by Googling (yep, you can find amazing stuff on the interweb )

What I did:
    In the game, Options, Advanced Graphics I set my Texture Cache to maximum (moved the bar from the centre all the way to the right).

The result:
    NO CTD's, hicups, freezes whatsoever for 3 weeks now. Graphics look even more amazing than they were already and even more smoother when moving around.

My computer specs: XP, Intel Core2 3.5G, 4G RAM, BFG 8800GT OC2 512

My game graphics setup: Ultra

My theory:
    Inadequate memory resources on the 8800GT OC2 card. When I 'helped' it by increasing texture cache hence allowing the game to use some system memory, the issue went away. I'm not sure if the issue is related to the specific card or cards in general, someone else can figure it out, I just want to continue being amazed by the graphics with NO CTD's woot!

Re: FIXED my crashes, freezes, lockups

What is a CTD?

Quote Originally Posted by Nickysmom View Post
    What is a CTD?
    CTD = Crash To Desktop
    Usually, the application crashes or quits, and you are left back at the desktop.
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

Thx, trying it out now. Will reply about the outcome when I can.

EDIT: Doesn't help my situation D:
    Last edited by Alpha522; May 28 2009 at 10:26 PM.