We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

bullroarer update problem

have played on bullroarer since it first opened, but after opening the launcher this last week to get on, and it attempted to update files, i can not get into the game. launcher error during updating files. i've uninstalled totally, and reinstalled twice. bullroarer was fine on the last open weekend, and my real game works w/o issues still.

errors while updating game data, 0%, and the file name is listed when the error pops is client_map_1.dat-277
    -------
    TurbineLauncher.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. -
    AppName: turbinelauncher.exe
    AppVer: 1.5.0.21
    ModName: ttepatchclient.dll
    ModVer: 1.7.5.5 Offset: 00020466
    -------

i'm tired of not knowing how to fix this any ideas where the problem could lie? client_map_1 file with -277 does not exist or i'd delete it. thanks for any help!

Re: bullroarer update problem

well since this original post, i have uninstalled bullroarer another 3 times, reinstalling to different directories on diff drives, names, registry cleaning, rebooting, etc.

no one seems to have the slightest idea why my launcher is doing this. my live game is still updating and running great, so it's just whatever happens after the bullroarer client updates it's launcher and restarts. everything in the install goes great till that launcher restart...

i still get the same error and launcher shut down when it starts updating. i guess i will uninstall forever. i really had hoped to test my lvl 50+ champ on bullroarer. i was active on bullroarer, roheryn, and betas for most turbine games. sucks since bullroarer was working JUST FINE until i tried to enter last week.

dead post i guess

update: well since i just keep talking to myself here, i guess i'll continue! after various manipulations, file deletions, and reupdates, i've managed to get the launcher to not pop up an error box (yay!), but i still can't patch. in a new and puzzling development, since yesterday i've been staring at update game data - HTTP 404 - Not Found. i was able to dnload the newest bullroarer client this morning, which gave me hope, until it went to update game data and back to 404 Not Found.

Read some old posts on this error, but all refer to either proxy servers, firewalls/av programs, blocked ports/unblocked ports, checksum errors (i've dnloaded bullroarer a total of 4 times and uninstalled/reinstalled) none of which apply to my setup.

i'm running win xp pro, cable modem and router, nvidia pcie graphics w/512, 4g ram, and an amd processor. my real game STILL updates and plays w/o any problems.

stay tuned for larnie's fascinating updates as she attempts to figure out why she's getting a 404 error! i just keep thinking somewhere something is pointing to the wrong address in the patch process, if i can just find it!
    Last edited by clrsf06; May 29 2009 at 09:16 AM.