We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Servers Down?

Servers Down?

Got booted from Silverlode. Can't log in. Can't connect. 10:33 CMT

Re: Servers Down?

I'm unable to log in as well.

Edit ***

No sooner then I posted this, it finally got past the connecting portion of the update and let me in. Just took alot longer then usual
    Last edited by tandar; May 28 2009 at 12:07 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/02204000000002268/01003/signature.png]Tandar[/charsig]

Yep. Stuck on Connect. It's just sitting there.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000007dc99/01000/signature.png]Keredain[/charsig]

Since 07:00 EDT this morning when I launch LoTRO I get the splash screen that displays "Getting main form" or some-such then it fades away but the tab remains in the systray and nothing else ever comes up (usually the screen that checks for updates). I notice in my firewall that during all this a bunch of DNS calls are being made but no other traffic is generated by the launcher. I've tried configuring several geographically dispersed DNS servers and though the launcher is trying them they get the same result. This issue happened briefly to me late last night but then corrected and launched. I would say that this behavior looks like a DNS problem that is making (or already has made) its way from DNS server to DNS server. Is anybody getting in at this point?

Stuck on "Connect...Waiting" as well...

Quote Originally Posted by zackhammer View Post
    Stuck on "Connect...Waiting" as well...
    I had this same problem. I was waiting then after about ten minutes i got a message that said update error. when i clicked ok it shutdown the program. I went to restart it and it started up fine this time.

me too, cannot get past it, can we get someone from the team to chime in here?

Same here, stuck on "connect" part of the launcher.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100001012a2/signature.png]Ryvenclaw[/charsig][/CENTER]

Angry Re: Servers Down?

Yeah....
    I had just decided to reactivate my account tonight, and just like that it's down on my first time trying to log back into the game. Fine timing.

Also hanging there on "Connecting". Waiting for 15 minutes and not getting connected . . .

I'm in game now.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100001012a2/signature.png]Ryvenclaw[/charsig][/CENTER]

Took a few restarts of the client to login but finally got past the connect - waiting

I am stuck at connecting at the launcher too so can't even try to log in. The restart isn't meant to happen for another hour or so. I have tried restarting the client several times now with exactly the same result.
    "Some days look better upside down" Eeyore

9:22 Eastern time, trying to connect to Meneldor...login client is hanging on "Connect", it just says "Waiting". I've relaunched several times, still not getting in.

Exclamation Re: Servers Down?

Connecting...

What the heck is going on?
    [FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=navy]Truly Yours,[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]Pequisto[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000080][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=royalblue]"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."[/COLOR][/FONT]

Ditto. Waiting on Connect.
    [charsiq=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/05206000000048585/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsiq]