We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: DN Quest: The Heart of the Scourge - ?

Quote Originally Posted by Angadan View Post
    kk I keep forgetting to try to use the phial during the fight with the Mistress (lot going on, heehee), but I'm determined to remember to try on our kin's run tomorrow night.

I submitted a ticket just to see if I'd get back the "known issue" response, but I didn't...instead, I got the 'In-Game Support team cannot provide hints or solutions' response, which means one of two things: (1) the GM who responded is not aware that the quest is bugged, and took the easy way out by shooting me a canned quest response, or (2) the quest is _not_ bugged and _can_ be done! I'm hoping for the latter, will find out tomorrow night if using it during the fight is the solution!
    Yeah, I got the same response asking about the 3 loc quest, Flagit's chamber cant be cleaned with locks, so after a half hour of searching, put in a ticket asking if its bugged, and get a 'we cant help' response. The GMs are really pathetic now, they used to be useful in SOA, now it seems most of them don't give a damn. A GM jumped into our glff the other day to say hello, and said that the GMs didn't really mind the CD bug as it 'gave them a chance to stop by and say hello'. After 3 straight tickets where they simply closed the ticket with a generic statement, I fail to see how they want a chance to say hello.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse32100 View Post
    Yeah, I got the same response asking about the 3 loc quest, Flagit's chamber cant be cleaned with locks, so after a half hour of searching, put in a ticket ...
    Dag, you can complete that quest still...there's one corner of one of those chambers, it may even be on the Istum side, where you can still get the Flagit one done. We had the same problem but were able to find the spot. Just search around the corners of all those rooms after you clear the right side.

Now if we could just get a Dev to help by providing feedback on the Celeborn-given quest...

Of course it would be nice to get confirmation, but seriously, how can it NOT be bugged? Killing the Mistress (and everything before) should allow you to complete it without jumping through further hoops. I mean, the quest gives all of 50sp as a reward, and we're supposed to do something *more* besides clear the hardest raid in the game to complete it?
    Last edited by LagunaD; Jul 26 2009 at 12:12 AM.

You know, I was thinking the other night, while we were on our DN run...

This quest is _so_ similar to the other "cleanse DN" quest (the one some people mistakenly thought this thread was about)...it is just possible that both weren't intended to be in the game. In fact, maybe this one, the one given by Celeborn, is an earlier version of the quest, but then the devs decided that the quest giver should be more local (the same thought process they're using to 'clean up' breeland and other areas). And perhaps _that_ is the reason the quest is bugged...it's completely undoable because we've all already done its successor quest.

Anyway, that could be dead wrong, just a thought.

Please, Amlug or any dev out there who knows DN, let us know?

This quest is _so_ similar to the other "cleanse DN" quest (the one some people mistakenly thought this thread was about)...it is just possible that both weren't intended to be in the game.
    Possible, I suppose, but there are two parallel quest lines for all the new 3- and 6-man instances, and this quest fits in with the same structure.

One quest line starts with Haldir, sends you to a dwarf in DV, and eventually you end up getting The Heart of the Scourge from Celeborn. You have to do these quests sequentially (3-mans, then 6-man, then raid).

The other quest line is independent of the first, and just consists of stand-alone quests you pick up for WW, HoM, HoC and DN. The 3-man instance quests are also in DV, the HoC and DN quests are bestowed by an NPC outside the instances. These can be done in any order, and you are not required to do the 3-man quests before getting the 6-man, etc.

Also, all these quests have been in the Lorebook since Book 7 (i.e. they have co-existed for quite some time).

If this final quest in the sequential chain isn't supposed to be there, then neither should the others, starting with the quest from Haldir. Simpler explanation, seems to me, is just that this one quest is bugged.
    Last edited by LagunaD; Jul 27 2009 at 10:45 AM.

Just a thought, have to do it in Hardmode Mistress fight?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000b2333/signature.png]Sanus[/charsig]
    yey the sigs are fixed

*bump*

Devs, just 2 or 3 words here would help greatly! They could be 'known bug', or 'looking into it', or 'working as intended'...anything to let us know you're aware of our collective puzzlement and frustration. Thanks!

*bump*

Devs, just 2 or 3 words here would help greatly! They could be 'known bug', or 'looking into it', or 'working as intended'...anything to let us know you're aware of our collective puzzlement and frustration. Thanks!
    /seconded!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140000000006e1/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

"...damn you burglars with your endless bag of tricks and utility belts." -Orion

*bump*

hah. I just dug this thread up last night to make sure I didn't miss anything
    Kraken, Thesungodra

I am beginning to lose hope that we'll get any response from a dev ... I even posted this question on the "If you got one question to ask a dev" thread that recently came up ... nothing. Eeek!

And I truly have no idea why they wouldn't respond ... does every dev who reads the forums think this problem belongs to another dev, so everyone is expecting someone else to answer?

Quote Originally Posted by tyseech View Post
    Just a thought, have to do it in Hardmode Mistress fight?
    Nope, PM tried it after they completed hard mode, no dice.

I assume this quest is still broken 3 months later, even though we still have yet to receive any official word from anyone confirming that it is/isn't broken?

Yeah, I think it is. Of course, I have high hopes that when Book 9 comes out it'll be fixed!

Yeah, I think it is. Of course, I have high hopes that when Book 9 comes out it'll be fixed!
    Pass me whatever you've got there.
    Eomin 130 Hunter
    Preying Mantis (Elendilmir) Arkenstone
    Eomina 120 Captain

Quote Originally Posted by oogabooga227 View Post
    Pass me whatever you've got there.
    /passes the dutchie pon de left hand side

working used at mistress doorway

Was fixed with Mirkwood, it's in the release notes
    Cweb-Rank 8 Burglar of atrocious skill

If you stand in the entrance of the Mistress' room (you don't even have to kill her), you'll get the white text message to use the item in inventory for the quest update.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000a740c/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2