We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 237 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Show us your favorite cosmetic outfit

It’s been a while since I’ve seen a cosmetic outfit post and given the mood of some of the threads bouncing around recently I thought a less serious thread might be fun.

This is my hunter’s outfit. He’s my first character and I still consider him my main character. I believe I found the final piece to this outfit somewhere in his mid to late forties. He's been wearing it for about a year now. Some of my characters change outfits a lot because I’ve not found THE outfit for them. But once I put this together outfit together I knew Calabar wouldn’t be looking for anything else. Well, he does have a kin outfit, but he only wears that when grouped with the kin.

Calabar doesn’t use a helm or shoulder pads. I feel this outfit looks better without them. Nor does he use a cape. I loath how horrible the clipping is on capes for any character carrying items on their backs. And as Cal uses a crossbow and a spear, I just don’t go there.

Half of being clever is making certain you are not being stupid.

Calabar:65 Hunter – Ullrick:65 Hunter – Farli:65 Minstrel – Raedan:65 Champion – Garrian:65 Captain – Karzack:65 Rune-Keeper

Re: Show us your favorite cosmetic outfit

Quote Originally Posted by Calabar View Post
    I loath how horrible the clipping is on capes for any character carrying items on their backs.

I agree.

The actual notion that anyone in their right mind would wear a cape into battle (in RL) is utterly ridiculous. This also plays on me whenever i've got one on in combat, it usually doesn't stay there for long.

But anyway...

Here's my Warden at the moment, looking nice and red in my Kinship's Uniform.

My RK

(sorry, this was mostly to capture the other guy but this is my hunter's back)

(LOL OLD pix from AC)
    [COLOR=red][/COLOR]Retired.

My L35 Guard back in SoA Beta.

My mins at L42, he's still using the same outfit at L57, except with addition of Hat from moria wall

Model for the garden gnome
    [COLOR=red][/COLOR]Retired.

My three main toons:

Champion:

Minstrel:

Captain:
    [center][url=http://my.lotro.com/character/landroval/ingelion/][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000022b1e/01008/signature.png]Ingelion[/charsig][/url]
    [size=-2][b][url=http://my.lotro.com/character/landroval/ioruilas/]Ioruilas[/url][/b], 65 Elf Minstrel [b]·[/b] [b][url=http://my.lotro.com/character/landroval/faelros/]Faelros[/url][/b], 53 Captain [b]·[/b] [b]Staener[/b], 40 Man Warden [b]·[/b] [b]Ferdimond[/b], 21 Hobbit Burglar [/size][/center]

This outfit has been pretty much unchanged since SoA (and when I got the armor shown). There have been slight modifications including the gloves and shoulders. The biggest modification I made is the Cloak of the Cluck vs. Boromir's Cloak (rabbit cloak--which I still have and love. I just like the chicken more ).

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000002b0da/01004/signature.png]Jilla[/charsig]
    Vilya's Ambassador of Happiness, Goodwill, and Fuzzy Kittens' and Somesuch!

Reminds me of something.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lUjhEHlh7s

Sarik - Warleader // Jacin - Champion // Aiden - Minstrel

Quote Originally Posted by JeanCarlo View Post
    I had my warden wearing a white theme as I leveled him up. But I just couldn’t find anything other than a pair of shoes that dyed really white. So I changed to a red outfit when he was in his 50s. But if I can ever find a set that dyes well white I may change him back to his original theme.

If anyone is looking for a pair of tall boots that take a white dye well, and black for that mater, check out the boots on the Bree cosmetic vendor. The boots there used to be a quest reward that a kind soul at Turbine added to the vendor when they were removed as a quest reward.

Here’s my warden in his red themed outfit. I really like the bear helm with it, which is not seen often on non-hunters. I searched for ages to find that helm on the AH and never did, but a friend looted one and kindly gave it to me.

Calabar:65 Hunter – Ullrick:65 Hunter – Farli:65 Minstrel – Raedan:65 Champion – Garrian:65 Captain – Karzack:65 Rune-Keeper

Lore-master

Rune Keeper & Warden

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/05206000000001461/signature.png]Copperpot[/charsig]

Never more will he crawl 'round
    He's embedded in the ground

(if I'm still playing) I'm wearing this all the way to Mordor :

Here’s my warden in his red themed outfit. I really like the bear helm with it, which is not seen often on non-hunters. I searched for ages to find that helm on the AH and never did, but a friend looted one and kindly gave it to me.

I spend ages and ages looking for it too.

I finally discovered that you can get one at kindred from the Council of the North. I think it was the first faction I got kindred rep with lol.
    [center][b][url=http://my.lotro.com/character/nimrodel/beornling/]Beornling Skinchanger[/url][/b] - Man - [b][color=brown]Bear Brethren and Descendent of Mighty Beorn![/color][/b] - Defender of Vales and Lover of Ales - [b][color=orange]Nimrodel[/color][/b]
    [color=red][b]Beornbitezu[/b] - Warg -[/color] [b][color=brown]Sad that bears attack in the moors[/color][/b] - Old hotspot meteor warg - [b][color=orange]Elendilmir[/color][/b][/center]
    [center][color=red][b]Drunkenaussie[/b] - Reaver -[/color] [b][color=brown]Forever to bear the white hand helm[/color][/b] - Drunkenaussie Beornandbred - [b][color=orange]Elendilmir[/color][/b][/center]
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080100000f64c0/signature.png]Drunkenaussie[/charsig][/center]

Nice - what shirt are you wearing?

It would be nice if people posted the names of the pieces (or at least the main ones). Imitation is the sincerest of flattery
    ?ª"˜¨¨?ª"˜¨¨ ¯ ¯¨¨˜ª¤.¸`*•.¸*•¸??? LOTRO???¸•*¸.•*´¸.¤ª˜¨¨¯ ¯¨¨˜"ª?¨¨˜"ª?

13. Aug 05 2009, 10:49 PM

I rather like this one:

Of course, I change my cosmetic outfit pretty much every other week.
    Townsperson says, "I'm having an adventure. I've paddled all the way from Frogmorton!"

Cardinal is quite a clothes horse. *lol*

This is the outfit she wears most of the time, while questing and such. I'm in love with the wings on this, I think it's so perfect for her, being named after a bird and all.

I think the dwarf dress, short sleeved or long, is one of the prettiest items in the game. It looks great dyed red, as you can see. This is Cardinal's spring/summertime in-town outfit.

This is what Card dresses up in when it is colder out, or for more formal occasions. I like the addition of the red cloak.

And, of course, for when Cardinal feels like being a pirate. Here she is showing her approval of beer. Hooray beer!
    [CENTER][B][URL="http://my.lotro.com/azaelia_proudfoot/category/ramble-on/"][COLOR="DarkRed"]The sneaky little red bird...[/COLOR][/URL][/B][SIZE="1"]
    Click above to read "Ramble On," the tale of Cardinal's Adventures![/SIZE]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203000000022632/01004/signature.png]Cardinal[/charsig]
    "My size is inversely proportional to how awesome I am." [/CENTER]

Summerfest cloak and hat with... uh... I think it's the Armour of Sun-lands.

Other outfit is the Scout's Armour (lvl 54, I think), black, with Túrchol.
    [center][b][color=#941029]~ Eadwacer, 75 Warden, Nimrodel [/color][color=#941067] ~ [/color][color=#6a1094]Araedis, 52 Hunter, Nimrodel ~[/color][/b][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post

It would be nice if people posted the names of the pieces (or at least the main ones). Imitation is the sincerest of flattery
    The green shirt my hunter is wearing is an Elven Padded Shirt of Might, a random level 44 drop. And his pants are called Raider of Barad Tharsir. They don’t have a level listed on them, so I expect they were a quest reward. Its been long enough that I have no idea where I got them.

My warden’s outfit is a funny, and rather sad, story. I found the boots as a random drop and I liked them because I’d not seen any others like them. I searched the AH from time to time trying to find something to match them up with and never really did. Then I had a pair of pants drop for my hunter that I thought would go well with the boots. But they were level 60. So I had to wait and wait until my warden was level 60 to put on his cosmetic pants. Then the search was on once again in the AH to find a chest piece that would match. I eventually ended up with what you see. Now for the funny/sad part. The exact same graphics for the boots, legs and chest are used for the level 44 tailored Westernesse Protector’s medium armor set. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post

The robe is the Robe of the Seven Stars (from Annuminus), the shoulders are the Shoulders of the Lady's Grace and the gloves are the Gloves of the Lady's Garce--both from DN. The cloak is the Cloak of the Cluck which is a quest reward after finishing almost all of the chicken quests from Sanson's farm in the Shire. IIR, I dyed the gloves (and I think the shoulders too, but I am not sure). Everything else is its natural color.

Quote Originally Posted by Jilla View Post
    This outfit has been pretty much unchanged since SoA (and when I got the armor shown). There have been slight modifications including the gloves and shoulders. The biggest modification I made is the Cloak of the Cluck vs. Boromir's Cloak (rabbit cloak--which I still have and love. I just like the chicken more ).

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000002b0da/01004/signature.png]Jilla[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Azaelia_Proudfoot View Post

I think the dwarf dress, short sleeved or long, is one of the prettiest items in the game. It looks great dyed red, as you can see. This is Cardinal's spring/summertime in-town outfit.
    Wow, that is really, really nice!
    [color=green][b]Formerly Sevok, Vendraen, and others. :([/b][/color]

I'm the hobbit.

Ajokoira Armour and Lothlorien Stalker's Cloak.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000946bd/signature.png]Vivid[/charsig]

Here are my gang:

Ferdebras (MIN) with his trademark hat and robe -

Calendil (HNT) with Great Bow set dyed black -

Daggen (RK) with rad. robe (forgot the name) and Lorien cloak dyed black -

Galadhros (CHP) with lvl 56 gear and cosmetic cloak dyed to match (gloves are lvl 58 green here but now they're dyed to match)-

TBC...
    Last edited by Doronlas; Aug 06 2009 at 10:36 AM.
    O Elvenking! … Merry be the Greenwood while the world is yet young and merry be all your folk!

my gang continued:

Elrochon (GRD,who was tired of looking like everyone else) with vendor gear dyed black (Rivendell or Esteldin vendor I think) -

Adelbroc (HNT) in lvl 56(or 54? lol) gear and stylish hat -

Eavan (BUR) in cosmetic gear dyed black -
    Last edited by Doronlas; Aug 06 2009 at 10:38 AM. Reason: got my levels mixed up :P
    O Elvenking! … Merry be the Greenwood while the world is yet young and merry be all your folk!

Gee, some of you are real creative. I just go for a basic "hillbillie" look.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrithia View Post
    Wow, that is really, really nice!
    Yeah, I vote Cardinal as the cutest hobbit ever!

I don't have a pic handy, as I'm at work... but for my money, there's nothing better-looking than the North-drake set. Had it on since the cosmetic system was implemented, never took it off, never gonna.

Page 1 of 237 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast