We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Hunter in 2.8.1

Hunter in 2.8.1

I am having trouble in book 2.8.1 I select moral on the flag but keep dying in the last waves , get 2 on me and die fast Is anyone else having trouble or can someone please help on straergy

Re: Hunter in 2.8.1

Maybe switch your stance so the NPCs take the aggro. The trick is to balance the dmg they are taking vs the dmg you are taking. I would start off in precision and or endurance, let the NPCs round up the mobs, run around if you need to, then peel them off one by one in strength stance. If you notice one NPC has several mobs on them, take those one down first. Also make sure to use Rain of Thorns or Bards Arrow, there is no reason to be taking on more than 1 mob at a time, you might even consider slotting in combat traps and buying some high level triple traps if CC is a problem.

I think I went straight offence and burned down the mobs, but I may be confusing this banner quest line with a mirkwood one.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000014b10a/signature.png]Ranadin[/charsig]

Ranadin + Happyfish = Ranafish

I myself didnt have an issue with this but it can be tricky.

Utilize the Morale Banner at the start. Prepare a Rain of Thorns in PRECISION STANCE and then switch to Strength. Focus on 1 at a time and dont AoE unless your target is nearly down. This will allow the adds to take the aggro from the others while you focus on 1 or 2.

If you need to you can reset the Flag to keep the Morale going.

If you think the adds will live you can use Endurance nearly the whole time. I didnt but thats just me.

Slot on some MELEE DEFENCE Traits to help reduce the incoming Melee Damage you will be taking. This will probably help you more than you will realize. Heck it helped me tank Warg-Pens last night :P
    Pariah Amistacia - Nimrodel - Leader of the Devils of Angmar

well thx guys that gives me something to work on

Unhappy Re: Hunter in 2.8.1

I have done all that and still get the aggro or Bori still dies?? Now what????

Angry Re: Hunter in 2.8.1

just did it again and Bori was close to dying soI took aggor when he switched mobs so then I had to switch and that left me with 2 mobs and little health. After I got the 2nd mob he aggors the 3rd so it was still a sure fail?????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????

Are you crowd controlling some of the mobs while doing this?

You can switch the banners mid fight or at least you used to.

I remember my first attempt at this and I died right at the end with Mazog fighting Bori and myself since none of the adds were left.

Another thing that MAY help is attack what ever Bori is attacking. The other dwarves can die but you and Bori obviouslly cannot. I attacked through him to finish the instance and well sadly lost the other guys but in the end I still got it.

I def didnt let Bori tank Mazog though.

If I recall I used the Damage Banner for a while and then switched to the Morale one when things became to hot to handle.

Felt like Dwarves Gone Wild 2010 Edition.
    Pariah Amistacia - Nimrodel - Leader of the Devils of Angmar