We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lightbulb Preying Mantis [Recruitment Open]

With 2011 under way, I thought it might be appropriate to revamp our original post to keep it as up to date as possible.

Who We Are:
    Preying Mantis is an end-game, goal oriented kinship. Our mission simple: kill mobs, and take their stuff. Our success is directly related to our group cohesiveness and coordination while raiding and running instances. We consider ourselves very dedicated to the “end game” of LotRO. Our track record should hopefully speak for itself as we have been among the first to kill: Mordorith, Thorog, The Watcher v2 & v3, The Mistress, and the Lt. of Dol Guldur. While we’ve also achieved a few other noteworthy kills such as the only US Guild to 6 Man the Watcher (Pre SoM), and we we’re the first guild worldwide to down Blind One Hardmode.

We are first and foremost a PvE Kinship that expects our members to show up for scheduled raids. Currently our raids take place on Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday at 7:00 PM (EST). Raids generally begin to form up around 6:30 PM, so we can begin promptly at 7:00 PM.

Loot Distribution:

Preying Mantis uses a Zero Sum DKP system. Our system isn’t a perfect zero, but we try to keep it as close as we can. If you have no idea what a zero sum system is, feel free to ask me, and I’ll do my best to explain it to you!

What We Raid:

Preying Mantis is only interested in raiding the current level cap raids. Currently that leaves us with BG and once in a while Helegrod. Don’t expect us to be running DN, and the Watcher on Kinship Raid Nights as it’s just a waste of time.

How to Apply:

Applying is easy; all you have to do is go to our website: www.PreyingMantis.org and register. Once you have registered, you’ll need to send Eomin or Uruviel a piece of mail in game, asking to be registered; be sure to include the name you registered under! Once that’s done, you’ll be able to fill out our application. From there, we will contact you and set up a few dates to run a few things with you to gauge play style, skill, and how well you fit in with our Kinship.

If you’re still wondering what may be different about Preying Mantis from all of the other End Game Kinships on Elendilmir, that’s something you’re going to have to come and find out yourself.

Thanks and Best of Luck to all Applicants,

The Leadership of Preying Mantis
    Last edited by oogabooga227; Mar 29 2011 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Facelift!
    Eomin 130 Hunter
    Preying Mantis (Elendilmir) Arkenstone
    Eomina 120 Captain

Re: Preying Mantis Recruitment

In the few days since I last posted, we've had numerous applications come in, however we're still looking to add a few people to fill out a second weekly raid. So with that, if you're interested in raiding at the highest level, come fill out an application and we can see if Preying Mantis may be a good fit for your playstyle.

On a side note, I'd like to welcome back Margaret and Curudin from their vacations.
    Eomin 130 Hunter
    Eomina 120 Captain

Preying Mantis is currently seeking the following:

One tank or Loremaster.
    One burglar.
    One captain.

Any who are interested in applying should follow the above information as stated by Eomin.

You currently have 1337 reputation point(s).

Never thought I'd be saying it, but currently Preying Mantis is looking to add more ranged DPS to the group; be that Rune Keepers or Hunters.

If your interested, follow the steps in my OP, or feel free to contact myself via these forums or in game.
    Eomin 130 Hunter
    Eomina 120 Captain

Update: We are still looking to add more Ranged DPS to the Kinship, be that Rune Keepers or Hunters. Also, a Raid Ready Captain and Minstrel are also on our Wishlist.

Currently, we're running 2 full clears through the Twins HM each week, along with 1 Lt Kill each week. If you're interested in raiding at a high level, shoot me a PM.
    Eomin 130 Hunter
    Eomina 120 Captain

Still open to taking in some additional ranged DPS, and potentially another Minstrel & Lore Master. Captain spot should be filled, however you can never have too many of those .

If you're interested in raiding at a high level, contact myself or Waarlen in game.
    Eomin 130 Hunter
    Eomina 120 Captain

Hunters for end game content???

Who knew!

:P
    Vhael Hunter - Spykd Warden - Vhaelan Lore-Master - Vhaele Champion - Vhaell Burglar
    Vhaelor Captain - Vhaeleau Guardian - Vhaelere Minstral - Vhaelras Rune Keeper

8. Feb 05 2010, 01:17 AM

It looks like we're going to be on the lookout for a Hunter, Burglar, Lore Master, and maybe a tank. If you're interested in raiding with us, shoot me a PM. I'm more than happy to bring you on a raid with us as a guest if you'd like to see what we're all about.

Thanks much!
    Eomin 130 Hunter
    Eomina 120 Captain

10. Feb 10 2010, 07:10 AM

How can I apply I tried to signup on your website and apply there but i couldn't post in your forums.

Quote Originally Posted by saad2 View Post
    How can I apply I tried to signup on your website and apply there but i couldn't post in your forums.
    The way our forums are set at the moment, anyone wishing to apply needs to let me know so I can give them permissions to do so. We've had issues with spam bots over the past year or so, so we've found it much easier to just take away permissions and give as needed, rather than delete hundreds of posts every few days.

But, you're all set now to post an application. Sorry for the delay.
    Eomin 130 Hunter
    Eomina 120 Captain

Ok, for the time being - We're going to be full on the Captain positions. With 2 Captains in Kinship now, and the 5 applications we have open, I don't see the current need for any further requests.

Otherwise for now, the only class we're looking for would be a form of tanking (Well geared Guardians, or maybe a Warden).
    Eomin 130 Hunter
    Eomina 120 Captain

I'll keep my fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by saad2 View Post
    I'll keep my fingers crossed
    I know you had me activate your account a week or so ago, but before you cross your fingers, you may want to first fill out an application.
    Eomin 130 Hunter
    Eomina 120 Captain

Smile Re: Preying Mantis Recruitment

I must have filled it out but not posted it. I posted a new 1 now thanks for letting me know.

I've tried to register on the site, but I need an administrator of the board to activate my account.

*edit* Ahh I see you changed your class recruitment colors to red, oh well.
    Last edited by slyfir20; Feb 27 2010 at 03:16 AM.
    [CENTER]|Slyfir|
    |Deathstance|[/CENTER]

Currently we're looking to add a burglar to the Kinship. If you're interested please contact me via these forums, or in game on Elendilmir.

All other interested classes need to contact Eomin to see whether we can make room for you within the Kinship.

Thanks
    Eomin 130 Hunter
    Eomina 120 Captain

Looking to add 1-2 players at the moment. Class isn't a big deal, however you must be able to commit to our raid days - Saturday, Sunday, and Tuesday Nights. Anyone interested, shoot me a PM via the boards.
    Eomin 130 Hunter
    Eomina 120 Captain

are you still recruiting? Or are you closed?

21. Mar 21 2010, 11:59 AM

Quote Originally Posted by oogabooga227 View Post
    Looking to add 1-2 players at the moment. Class isn't a big deal, however you must be able to commit to our raid days - Saturday, Sunday, and Tuesday Nights. Anyone interested, shoot me a PM via the boards.
    So, is that why Roov and Button still have PM tags?
    [SIZE=2][COLOR="Red"]tɦʋɽʋɳediɽ[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkOrange"]ᴥ[/COLOR][COLOR="Red"]ɽʋɳeᶄeeᶈeɽ[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="DarkOrange"]tɦʋɽɓʋrɠeɽ[/COLOR][COLOR="red"]ᴥ[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkOrange"]ɧʋɲt̪eɽ[/COLOR]
    [URL="http://www.putoutthefire.org"]*ᶂireᶂighterʂ[/URL][/SIZE]

Red face Re: Preying Mantis Recruitment

Hi, im moving over to E and i wanted to know if you would take me I am a very very good champion, have full watcher set if I put all my rad on I have 120. I would love to try join your kinship I love to raid and pvp I can make those times I know all the moria instances off the back of my hand, ive done sh and sg over 20 times I have made it to first boss in BG I will drop almost anything to help others.

Quote Originally Posted by gimligon View Post
    Hi, im moving over to E and i wanted to know if you would take me I am a very very good champion, have full watcher set if I put all my rad on I have 120. I would love to try join your kinship I love to raid and pvp I can make those times I know all the moria instances off the back of my hand, ive done sh and sg over 20 times I have made it to first boss in BG I will drop almost anything to help others.
    Once you get to Elendilmir, feel free to shoot me a PM and we can certainly talk.
    Eomin 130 Hunter
    Eomina 120 Captain

Smile Re: Preying Mantis Recruitment

Once you get to Elendilmir, feel free to shoot me a PM and we can certainly talk.
    Thanks alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurindras View Post
    So, is that why Roov and Button still have PM tags?
    Touché, salesman.

27. Mar 29 2010, 12:33 AM

Reason
    No Longer Applies

Recruitment will be suspended for the near future.
    Hello, I was still wondering if you would give me a shot.... I should be in E now but something got mixed up, but I should be there in a week or so. I was wondering if you would still give me a shot.

After going through our Roster, we've decided to open up recruitment for the time being again. The current needs of the guild are as follows;

1. Captain
    2. Burglar
    3. Hunter

Other classes are welcome to contact us, however we cannot make any promises. As a reminder, Preying Mantis is a PvE end game focused Kinship. While a few of our members may PvMP, it is NOT a focus of ours. Also, all applicants need to be at least 18 years old, no exceptions.

Thank You
    Eomin 130 Hunter
    Eomina 120 Captain

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast