We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: New Rune-Keeper? Questions? Start Here!

Having just started my first RK, could someone answer a couple of newbie questions?:

1) What the purpose of the riffler and chisel are and how they are equipped?

2) It looks like the satchel is just a stats booster similar to the Champion Rune, is this correct or does it have any other purpose?

Thanks for helping me get up to speed.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/13213000000022332/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Thinking of picking up my lvl 13 RK after update six nerfed the hell out of my Warden, but after the Warden, RKs got the most changes. Were RKs "fixed" in the same way that Wardens were today?

I'm guessing you mean Update 4? Update 4 = Rise of Isengard/Book 4, Update 5 = ToO-cluster/Book 5, Update 6=Great River/Book 6.

Rune-Keepers have never been "broken" the way Wardens were. Some people on these forums have claimed the class defunct but that has never been the case. Maybe it had fallen behind (or been caught up by) other classes, but the class itself was always working as intended. ... Disregarding a certain skill-lock bug of course.

Update 6 fixed Wardens back to their original immortal state and put a lot of freshness and polish on the Rune-Keeper.
    A small cog in a big machine.

Life has no "Undo" button, only "I'm sorry". Thinking before doing is a good thing.

After a few years hiatus, I've come back to LOTRO... and re-rolled a new Rune-keeper to boot!

I'm in the process of updating this sticky... cleaning up the dead links and linking to more relevant information. If there are any specific threads or sources of information you'd like to see linked, please let me know.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Xaxius; Mar 18 2012 at 06:44 PM.

Thumbs up Re: New Rune-Keeper? Questions? Start Here!

Very useful

I'm yet to read everything here and watch those clips I saw on youtube, just really want to prep my self; my RK is now at 17 and ready to take orders from tom bombadil, but

1) are there important exploration/slayer deeds I should complete? I didn't explore Ered Luin went straight to Bree when I reached lvl 14
    2) I might not be able to change equip until my RK's lvl 20, will it hold until the Barrow-downs? I always play ranged class and I'm pretty aware how squishy they are and I really hate the undead :P

thanks in advance
    [url]http://eternalno0b9aming.tumblr.com/[/url]

Hi, so I made a runekepper which I like a lot, I'm level 35 and I have a few questions. I often find myself healing groups and I need some clarification. First, I have about 10 healing skills right now and only word of exaltation returns me to neutral attunement but it has a 30 sec cooldown... am I supposed to be at full attunement 80% of the time when healing? (and it seems kind of redundant to finally put a bubble on someone after the fight is over when clearing mobs). Also, does anyone know if there is a key like 'tab' that lets me cycle through my group rather than enemies?

Also when soloing does everybody else's healing attunement go to zero really quickly when out of combat?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by radkor View Post
    Also, does anyone know if there is a key like 'tab' that lets me cycle through my group rather than enemies?
    try f1, f2, f3, f4, f5, f6 when you're on fellowship
    Githain , Rune Keeper of Meneldor

Alternatively, you can go into Options -> Key Mapping and choose whatever you want for "Select Next Player", so you can cycle through the players in your fellowship like how Tab (by default) cycles through enemies.

Can't get healing atunement to stack!

So, I'm new to RK and play either a fire or lightning based RK when I solo. When playing either of these RK types I cannot get the healing attunement to grow past one bar, thus I can never fire off my Epic of the Ages "big" healing power. What am I missing??? It seems awfully misleading to grant a "general" healing power that can never be used! Prelude to Hope is the only other healing power that attunes healing. However, I cannot stack this attunement as the bar dissipates back to neutral before I can cast it again. Very frustrating to have a "big" healing power that is unusable. If anyone knows how to make this work, please reply! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by cloak.n.dagger View Post
    So, I'm new to RK and play either a fire or lightning based RK when I solo. When playing either of these RK types I cannot get the healing attunement to grow past one bar, thus I can never fire off my Epic of the Ages "big" healing power. What am I missing??? It seems awfully misleading to grant a "general" healing power that can never be used! Prelude to Hope is the only other healing power that attunes healing. However, I cannot stack this attunement as the bar dissipates back to neutral before I can cast it again. Very frustrating to have a "big" healing power that is unusable. If anyone knows how to make this work, please reply! Thanks!
    What level is your RK? Knowing how many points you have to spend will help figure out what you can do. (1) spend 2 points in the Blue line to get Mending Verse (2) Enamels. Again, depending on your level, a Historian can make Enamels that will shift attunement 3 places. So, Steady Hands, Prelude, Mending Verse, Enamel, Epic.

Yes, EftA is useless since Parchments still don't remove the attunement requirements. Writ of Health would have been a much better skill to give us as a general skill.
    Last edited by JeauxLOTR; Apr 12 2014 at 11:56 AM.
    Member of the Vocal Minority

Quote Originally Posted by JeauxLOTR View Post
    What level is your RK? Knowing how many points you have to spend will help figure out what you can do. (1) spend 2 points in the Blue line to get Mending Verse (2) Enamels. Again, depending on your level, a Historian can make Enamels that will shift attunement 3 places. So, Steady Hands, Prelude, Enamel, Epic.

Yes, EftA is useless since Parchments still don't remove the attunement requirements. Writ of Health would have been a much better skill to give us as a general skill.
    Thanks for the response. I am currently at level 44. My point is that I have selected the red and yellow class trees, so I am not adding anything to the blue line. The EftA power is a general power that is available regardless of what line you select, so therefore should be usable. I like switching between my lightning powers and my fire powers and don't want to spend store money to unlock the 3rd trait tree. You mention Enamels that shift attunement 3 places. Where can I pick up an enamel? I have never seen one, so I wasn't aware they even existed.

Thanks for the response! I've been try to get help from the "Advice" channel in game but it's been nothing but crickets out there lately.

You don't need to buy an additional skill tree to get Blue skills. With your skill tree panel opened, look for Mending Verse in the Blue line. It will cost you 2 Skill Points to buy that skill when your primary tree is Red/Yellow. Enamels are made by Scholars.
    Member of the Vocal Minority

Hey guys,

I've been a RK for a few weeks now after being away for about 3 years.

My question to you is, what Virtues would you suggest? I'm well aware that they will depend on the situation, i.e dps/healing and it's also about personal preference and the rest of your gear. I just thought I'd ask to get a general overview of the most popular Virtues.

I'm currently running with the below;

Justice
    Fidelity
    Zeal
    Idealism
    Loyalty

I was wondering about Empathy?

Okay I've decided to swap out Justice for Empathy.

Any other thoughts guys?

It took a little bit of time tonight but all the links have been restored & updated.

I'll be around periodically if you'd like me to update the links with newer content. Feel free to post below.

Also, someone really should bump this thread.

Updated the sticky with new content. If there is any new relevant information you'd like to see added to the list, please add it below.

Hello.

There was a small question with my legendary weapon - legendary weapon titles.

When i use Potency Of Eldar Days III (Dol-Amroth Quartermaster) my damage type changes to Beleriand.
    Previous damage type was Light.

How can I use this item without changing the damage type?
    Or change the type of damage back while maintaining the critical rating from that titles item?

the damage type won't effect your skills

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2