We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Smile Re: Song Compilation

Quote Originally Posted by AmonaugTruehammer View Post
    Yes you can with a program like GlovePIE BUT Turbine is checking with legal because they are checking if alternate input devices will be against their TOS. This mostly comes under things like the G15 keyboard which can record macros. Turbines TOS states that no macros or 3rd party software can interact with thier .exe. We are anxiously awaiting an answer on this because it could affect many people.
    Cool, yeah I don't want to macro, but I've been playing piano for about 30 years and it would be nice to be able to use my real-worldly talents in-game. Although I could always remap the keys on the keyboard to be similar, there's still that problem I had playing chords. I just want to be able to play proper chords, not just melody. Thanks for the speedy response!

Re: Song Compilation

yay now i can make the beautiful music happening good time.

really, this is going to be fun to try out. now i have something other than 'hot cross buns' and 'greensleeves' to play.
    Begonia lvl 13
    Burglar Extraordinare!
    Elendilmir

Great work! Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldaan444 View Post
    Cool, yeah I don't want to macro, but I've been playing piano for about 30 years and it would be nice to be able to use my real-worldly talents in-game.
    When playing with the regular keyboard, you couldn't play chars too quickly. If you tried, some notes would sound correctly, while others would lag and then sputter out real quick (or just wouldn't go off). For example, in the Settlers song, the intro I listed is "2,6,6" .. the real intro is "2,666". I had to change it because 2,666 didn't come out correctly every time.

I bring this up because I'm not sure how a midi device would handle it. If it's just remapping keys, you'll probably have the same problem. I believe keys can be played quickly using a macro, but I've not tried it (nor do I know how that'd work with a piano hooked up).

It's an area I hope Turbine improves. That and being able to hold notes.

GlovePIE doesn't work all that well. Occasionally, the wrong notes end of being played. It's odd, because you can hit the same note again and it's correct, and if you look at the output by opening your chat window, it's also correct.

What's really needed if you want to be able to use a midi device is native support for midi drivers, though we're still limited by the two octave (only one chromatic) range, and with native midi support it'd be way too easy to overload the input buffers with fast play, so that would need to be taken into consideration as well.
    Lle merna aut farien?
    Playing music in LotRO is as easy as ABC!

Warders of the Weald
    Landroval: Northwoods, Hjogii

Has anyone figured out what midi notes equal the 24 notes allowed by this game?

I have tried to use LMC to interpret the notes from a midi file, but it failed. LMC only showed 5 notes out of the 12 thta were in a very small midi file.

WOW! THIS IS really wonderful!

THank you!!

Glovepie works perfectly, actually. You just need to setup everything correctly which depends on equipment and applications you are trying to use. And thanks Calenyavie for the repost of the thread.
    Ditch Quantizing!

I'm the Ps guy: Psomm, Pso, Psong, pso-on and pso-phorth..

Final Fantasy 7 main theme.
    A-S-D-J-H
    A-S-D-H-G - A-S-A

OR SHIFT+

1-2-3-7-6
    1-2-3-6-5 - 1-2-1

Sorry, Just recently started the lute.

For those of us who are not musically inclined and for whom possess two left feat with no sense of rythem... Can someone please tell us how to set some of these songs up in a macro that works well. I know it is not "true" music but for some of us it will the nearest we will ever get

Oh wow I love you all

I'm currently working on the Sailor Moon theme, but in the mean time...

Mary Had a Little Lamb

3212333 222 333
    [b]*Victoria of Brandywine[/b]

[url=http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php][B][SIZE=3][COLOR=Red]POSTING AND YOU; Universal Forum Rules[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/url]

Quote Originally Posted by ILUVLOTR View Post
    For those of us who are not musically inclined and for whom possess two left feat with no sense of rythem... Can someone please tell us how to set some of these songs up in a macro that works well. I know it is not "true" music but for some of us it will the nearest we will ever get
    Previous post mentioned, "Turbines TOS states that no macros or 3rd party software can interact with thier .exe." Unless/Until music macros gets sorted out as an exception to the rule, macro/recorded music might not get much (any) airtime on the forums.
    [SIZE=3][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000004ec67/01003/signature.png]Aesir[/charsig][/SIZE]

I've been very impressed with this music system. Last night I spent atleast an hour wandering around Combe playing music. Several of us got together and were learning how to play some LOTR movie music. It was a lot of fun.
    [I][COLOR=Blue]Daegmund of Rohan - Exploring Middle-earth since August 2006

I hate how limited it is, but love the basic premise of the system. The ability to play music for a large crowd is quite fun, and people really will come to bunches to hear a good harp/lute player in the game. One thing that's desperately needed, however, is a change to the number of notes per second you're allowed to play. As of now, it's virtually impossible to play anything quickly, and you're out of luck if you want to try out something with any tremolo in it.
    Possibly the rate limiting should be removed, and ctrl should be our tremolo button?

Some press thingy I read recently said Turbine had a lot more in store for the music system. Let me see if I can find it for ya.

...yep. Here it is.

Of course, with music coming up, there were also quite a few questions about the music system. In came Steve and Doug, two developers that worked on the music system, who gave us a good bit of great information on the upcoming additions and improvements. Basically, the music system is LOTRO’s Ursuin Death Animation - a side endeavor that evoked enough “Hey, that’s cool” responses to land it in the game. The player response to it has been great, so look forward to upcoming improvements such as:
    • An ABC notation player
    • Polyphony support
    • Ability to share and input standardized notation
    • Command line playing of any song in your library
    • Ability toggle quantizing (the lining up of notes on the beats)
    • Sustained notes
    • Percussion/Bass instruments
    From http://lotrovault.ign.com/View.php?v...s.Detail&id=42
    ~Figgy~ 87~
    Hobbit Minstrel
    Arkenstone

Brobdingnagian Bards have a neat site with lyrics/music that seems to fit within the fantasy RPG genre (mostly).

Main site: http://www.thebards.net/
    Page with some examples of their music: http://www.thebards.net/music/
    (each song links to a page with lyrics and some basic info on chords)

I'm going to take a crack at their version of Scarborough Faire myself. Right after I quit laughing at the lyrics for "Do Virgins Taste Better?".
    [SIZE=3][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000004ec67/01003/signature.png]Aesir[/charsig][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Calenyavie View Post
    This thread will (hopefully) be your source for instructions on how to play songs in game. This post will be updated with new song as they are posted, I will do my best to keep it up to date. If you have a request or submission, post it below. Print these out for easy access when in-game.
    I use and recommend Psomm's keymapping:
    QWERTYUI = Note 1 thru 8 (This is the low octave C to C)
    ASDFGHJK = Note 17 thru 24 (This is the high octave C to C)
    123 = Note 9,10,11 (This is low B and low octave black keys C# and D#)
    567 = Note 13,14,15 (this is low octave F#, G#, and A#)
    I tried mapping my keys out this way, but I got confused.

Why is there no key for 'Note 12'? If it's not too much trouble, could you list this so that it relates to the Keymapping screen in the Options. Like, I mean can you list it as
    Note 1-8=________ then
    Note 9-16=________ then
    Note 17-24=________

Other than that, this is a great thread

"The road goes ever on and on..."

ABSOLUTLEY AMAZING!

I will soo be picking up an instrument tonight!!

Any of you that are musicly inclined, is it possible to reproduce the theme from Pirates of the Caribbean? I can just imagine how it would sound on the lute.

Grey

the songs with letters how do u convert them to #1-8 shift and ctrl

Maniacc0, I skip note 12 and note 16 because they are redundant. I skip Key Assign #4 on the keyboard so the top is as “piano” as possible with respect to the black key placement (Tip: Sharpie in the 123 and 567 so they "appear" like the black keys).

The way it is currently written is the best way to describe it. What you asked would read:

Note 1 thru 8 = QWERTYUI (This is the low octave C to C)
    Note 17 thru 24 = ASDFGHJK (This is the high octave C to C)
    Note 9,10,11 = 123 (This is low B and low octave black keys C# and D#)
    Note 13,14,15 = 567 (this is low octave F#, G#, and A#)

Same thing, just backwards for you .
    Ditch Quantizing!

I'm the Ps guy: Psomm, Pso, Psong, pso-on and pso-phorth..

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

1155665 4433221
    5544332 5544332
    1155665 4433221

One of the Bree themes:

2 3 t
    5 5 t 3 2
    656787 s 8765

Enjoy

I had this list printed out and was actually gathering a crowd last night jamming on these tunes.

My only recommendation would be to add a brief intro how to actually play music in-game. (skills needed, instruments needed, explaining keybinds, /music... etc).

It was easier for me to remap the notes to the numpad. This leaves my left hand to press the alternate note keys when needed.

Row Row Row your Boat:

1 1 1 2 3
    Row Row Row Your Boat

3 2 3 4 5
    Gen--tly Down the Stream

8 8 5 5 3 3
    Mer-rily Mer-rily Mer-rily

5 4 3 2 1
    Life is but a dream
    "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony."

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast