We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Barbaed Arrow Bleed Damage Nerfed with Volume 3

Quote Originally Posted by Hirandiel View Post
    I don't know about you, but I can handle more than 2 mobs at a time.... try 4-5 lol.
    QFT...I managed to live through a horendous pull in a Tuckborough Tier 2 skirmish where i pulled a liutenant and 5 or 6 adds (main entrance to the last part of the skirmish)...as a matter of fact, i can't recall the last time i had an issue attending to 2 mobs with any problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Earedhel View Post
    QFT...I managed to live through a horendous pull in a Tuckborough Tier 2 skirmish where i pulled a liutenant and 5 or 6 adds (main entrance to the last part of the skirmish)...as a matter of fact, i can't recall the last time i had an issue attending to 2 mobs with any problem...
    Heh. I've done that more times than I can count. I haven't figured out the secret to not getting a TON of mobs in that first courtyard pull.
    [COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]Ayrolen[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrange]Anikosi[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Anfribur[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Ametrine[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Amari[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Ayaneth[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Red]Asparagus[/COLOR]-[COLOR=SandyBrown]Anayalos[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Alyradal[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Aloe[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Asiago[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Altanoin[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
    7 Haven Way, Tund Loriel, Falathlorn Homesteads
    [COLOR=White]Elendilmir[/COLOR] Arda Shrugged -[COLOR=White]Crickhollow[/COLOR] The Colonists[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]

He he, yes after reading the part where someone is having difficulties pulling 2 mobs, perhaps a little more preperation prior to the pull is in need. I for one (if given the opportunity) always fill my focus, lay traps, etc. before a pull. I can easily handle 5 regular mobs, or a few elites at the same time. Heck, even doing dailies in Gathburz I have accidently pulled Durkham (the Mithril Flake dropper with 21k morale) and 2 Marauders at the same time and lived to sell another Flake lol. Careful traps and skill planning can be your friend!
    "In a hole in the ground there lived a Hobbit."
    Elrendoes - 106 Warden // Elrendos - 76 Hunter // Elrendose - 69 Minstrel
    <- Goblin's For Hire ->
    Brandywine

sigh. please lock this thread.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000002ddd3/01007/signature.png]Silmarilos[/charsig]

[COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]Ayrolen[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrange]Anikosi[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Anfribur[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Ametrine[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Amari[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Ayaneth[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Red]Asparagus[/COLOR]-[COLOR=SandyBrown]Anayalos[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Alyradal[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Aloe[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Asiago[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Altanoin[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
    [COLOR=White]Elendilmir[/COLOR] Arda Shrugged -[COLOR=White]Crickhollow[/COLOR] The Colonists[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs. [/COLOR] [/CENTER]

Elrond's face looks wrong in that picture.

must be the tie.
    Pariah Amistacia - Nimrodel - Leader of the Devils of Angmar

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrolen View Post
    Heh. I've done that more times than I can count. I haven't figured out the secret to not getting a TON of mobs in that first courtyard pull.
    Three words. Rain. Of. Thorns.

That must be in Wisconsin. They name all their rural roads by letter, and double up on the letters once all the single letters are used up.

Quote Originally Posted by OldFool View Post
    Three words. Rain. Of. Thorns.
    Do you mean pulling with RoT or using it AFTER they come running? I wasn't sure if they were bunched close enough inside the courtyard to make RoT worthwhile. I regularly use RoT for counterattacks and when I pull too many mobs, to get some distance.
    [/SIZE]

RoT can work well as a pull in there, but I have been having luck pulling from the right/northern/lee side of the courtyard to break things up at least a little.
    [CENTER][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs. [/COLOR] [/CENTER]

Near the gate is a mob that patrols aroung the bushes in the center of the courtyard. His path will put him out of LOS of the LT once per circuit, which is when you pull him. You will always get two or three other mobs with him, but they should all be normals.

Of course, if you misjudge the spot you'll pull about eight normal mobs plus the LT.

Edited to add: Another (risky) strategy is to pull with Bard's Arrow. For some reason, BA has a smaller aggro radius than Quick Shot; so you will often get far fewer mobs with a BA pull. You need to follow up immediately with a QS or PS, however, or depending on where the mob wanders, you may end up pulling 3 LTs and 16 mobs in the courtyard.
    Last edited by Cutholen; Mar 12 2010 at 07:39 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000009fd8b/01007/signature.png]Cutholen[/charsig]

Attention to rotation in a battle for pull control is def helpful in the higher tier skirms.

My one kinmate tried playing them at one point and figured because its solo that it has to be simple. Found out quickly thats not the case as it still requires a little skill to beat the skirms lol.

He has since stopped playing skirmishes and lotro all together and has moved on to other games such as AION and WoW. Rumored to be in Hello Kitty Island Adventure.
    Pariah Amistacia - Nimrodel - Leader of the Devils of Angmar

Mexican food is the one reason I will never leave Texas. I lived in Michigan for 23 years and I have no idea how I survived without awesome Mexican food for that long.
    i have a similiar story... just outside detroit for almost 26 years, cept for me it aint the mexican food, its the BBQ. Texans know how to smoke their meat to get that extra flavor. i also like the fact i get to keep more of my paycheck down here. an extra 4.2% to be exact, compared to MI. i also happen to like the warmer climate and the people and hill country. love the landscape down here.

"When the economy went south, so did i"

P.S. and i think that county QQ road is pretty close to Green Bay. that's where i went to truck drivin school in February. (pronounced FEB-brew-air-ee)
    Forgotten_Legend, The Baconnaire
    Malinon - 105 Champion | Avornial - 120 Champion | JAZRAIEL - 140 HUNTER | Taeran - 120 RuneKeeper
    Founder - Lifetimer

Quote Originally Posted by Odin_of_Freyr View Post
    wish we'd have gotten a lvl 64 DPS skill instead the fail-sauce one we got.
    I wish we had gotten a 62 DPS skill instead of a port I NEVER use unless I have some reason to go to the Mirk-Eaves... Our 64 skill was a half-***ed attempt to make up for the stupid port but it's actually slightly useful. The port takes 5 travel rations even! I'll stick with my return to camp which is set at DG. I almost didn't get the port but it was only 1 feather :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom-Dragon View Post
    I don't really PvP on this game for one reason: Its >1% of the game's content and even LESS of a focus by devs.

There are so many better PvP games out there. Try Aion for one, its pretty balanced as far as group v group...tanks can actually DO somthing (aka PULLING people). In LOTRO the balance has gone downhill since SoA, there's only one map, objectives are meaningless, freep rank gets you absolutely nothing, the PvP gear is god awful, if you don't cookie-cutter your class for PvP you get rolled, etc, etc. Basically, as far as RPG PvP is concerned, you name it and the moors doesn't have it. No one in their right mind should be playing this game specifically for PvP.
    I happen to disagree. PvP is awesome in LotRO because it's not forced on you. You can go PvP if you want or you can go PvE. It's a choice. I just wish Turbine would put a bit more focus on it than they have lately :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtone View Post
    This is a ridiculous blanket statement. Of course peeps should play this game specifically for PvP. Sure it's not a PvP-centric game, sure it's combat mechanics aren't PvP-centric, blah, blah, blah. Show me another game where you can PvP and still participate in the Tolkein lore.

I've tried the other PvP games; Aion, AoC, WH, etc. The fact of the matter is that LOTRO PvP, even with its shortcomings is actually better than those other games. Now this is not because the PvP mechanics are necessarily better. PvMP is just more fun than the straight PvP in those games. It's that simple.

And this whole idea that PvP < 1% of the game content and deserves no love is pure BS too. Take a look at this thread: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=319801 and tell me there aren't more than 1% of the player base loving and leaning on the PvMP in this game for their endgame content and fun. Look at the Official 3.1 release notes and tell me PvMP only got 1% attention from the Devs.

Different strokes for different folks. Carebear if you want to in PvE land, but if it weren't for PvMP, I would never have purchased a Lifetime and I would have quit the game in August of 2007 after I had burnt through all of the PvE content that was available in the game.

By the way, how long did it take for you to cap that awesome 3.1 content update? A whole 2-3 hours! LAWL It's a good thing Turbine has the Moors...
    /Agreed
    Why must you turn off rep? I'm still plus rep'ing you

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3