We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 117 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Re: One-word Tolkien Trivia

The tree of Tol Eressa? Or however you spell it...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000009263b/01003/signature.png]Arasilion[/charsig]

I need a name, as I'm not sure where the tree I'm thinking of was located.
    [center]"The rejection of grammatical correction is proof of the level of intelligence hinted at by your writing."

[color=orange]Now please keep this discussion on topic or you may be reported for causing time mismanagement[/color]

[color=gray]Llydia[color=blue] - 65 Rune-keeper |[/color]Dawnn [color=blue] - 65 Champion |[/color] Anthari[color=blue] - 65 Lore-master |[/color] Thisnameisavailable Ornot[color=blue] - 65 Guardian
    [/color] Firstaidkit[color=blue] - 65 Minstrel |[/color] Malaysia [color=blue] - 65 Waden |[/color] Kornur[color=blue] - 52 Hunter |[/color] Caly[color=blue] - 40 Burglar |[/color] Dharkan Rahl[color=blue] - 40 Captain[/color][/color][/center]

Telperion

letters

Like I told you...What I said...Steal your face right off your head.

You would ask that, wouldn't you? Imma gonna cheat and check Encyclopedia of Arda, BRB....

Back...

Celeborn.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000009263b/01003/signature.png]Arasilion[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    Telperion

letters
    This is the one!

Nimloth was a great guess, but I wanted Nimroths oldest ancestor

Quote Originally Posted by LotR, RotK. The Steward and the King, Pg279
    And Gandalf coming looked at it, and said: 'Verily this is a sapling of the line of Nimroth the fair; and that was a seedling of Galathilion, and that a fruit of Telperion of many names, Eldest of Trees.'
    Quote Originally Posted by Arasilion View Post
    Celeborn.
    Celeborn was a tree?
    [center]"The rejection of grammatical correction is proof of the level of intelligence hinted at by your writing."

[color=orange]Now please keep this discussion on topic or you may be reported for causing time mismanagement[/color]

[color=gray]Llydia[color=blue] - 65 Rune-keeper |[/color]Dawnn [color=blue] - 65 Champion |[/color] Anthari[color=blue] - 65 Lore-master |[/color] Thisnameisavailable Ornot[color=blue] - 65 Guardian
    [/color] Firstaidkit[color=blue] - 65 Minstrel |[/color] Malaysia [color=blue] - 65 Waden |[/color] Kornur[color=blue] - 52 Hunter |[/color] Caly[color=blue] - 40 Burglar |[/color] Dharkan Rahl[color=blue] - 40 Captain[/color][/color][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by sir-rinthian View Post
    Celeborn was a tree?
    Gandalf skipped a generation. Nimloth came from Celeborn which came from Galathilion.

Gandalf skipped a generation. Nimloth came from Celeborn which came from Galathilion.
    Interesting... I did not know that (obviously )

How bout another, less important,

Tree?

The one Luthien was kept in?

Nope!

/words

The Party Tree in Hobbiton.

The tree the Hobbits hid in?

I would have said the Party Tree, but seeing that answer is taken:

The Mallorn gifted to Samwise that replaced the Party Tree.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000009fd8b/01007/signature.png]Cutholen[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Cutholen View Post
    I would have said the Party Tree, but seeing that answer is taken:

The Mallorn gifted to Samwise that replaced the Party Tree.
    You are correct, sir!

Quote Originally Posted by sir-rinthian View Post
    You are correct, sir!
    Ah, so we have the oldest tree and the newest tree that JRRT wrote about.

Ah, so we have the oldest tree and the newest tree that JRRT wrote about.
    Indeed we do

Someone else will have to ask now, as I'm coming up with nothing.

Hand

/words

Hand

/words
    Beren (Camlost?)

or Saruman?

Jaylaxel - 140 LM | Moiron - 140 Champ | Aedush - R5 Stalker

Any easy one while we are waiting for confirmation on "hand".

How about "butler"?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000003106c/signature.png]Celedriel[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Vilnas View Post
    Any easy one while we are waiting for confirmation on "hand".

How about "butler"?
    Nob or Hob or whatever his name was?

One of King Thranduil's servants. His title was "butler". He was a bit of a wino.
    Bilbo suckered him and got the dwarves outa jail.

One of King Thranduil's servants. His title was "butler". He was a bit of a wino.
    Bilbo suckered him and got the dwarves outa jail.
    The butlers name was Galion
    "Of course I am the only elf in the village"

Not Beren or Saruman.

The crawling hand of the barrow wight Frodo severed in the barrow downs.
    "Of course I am the only elf in the village"

Nope.

/words

Page 4 of 117 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast