We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Re: Was all our hard work for nothing in learning BG before the last Update?

I cant speak for the Storm add but the fire adds I know I have to put up Do not fall to fire up AFTER the mob dies but before Durchest uses the AOE fire. Im guessing the same would be true for the storm. If you put it up to soon the absorb gets used on the aoe or default attack of the mob then it dies Durchest then hammers everyone.

But, as I said I can only account for the fire add. We are having trouble getting him to stay on our tanks. Well, at least the tank we want him on.

That and we only bring 1 mini and 1 healing RK. Thinking of two mini's and a healing RK. Its frustrating however seeing as we downed him before the patch and now we cant.......but we are getting closer with every try.

Freeps: BrotherDamien: Warden 45\SisterDamien: Mini 21\Kgir: Guard 65\Charlemange Burglar 64
    Creeps: Stickshaker: Defiler\ Bladeswinger: Reaver\ Stickflinger: BA\ Warg??\Spider??

I recently saw the movie 'Up In The Air', and the scene where they walk into the company only to see a crying receptionist, some stacked items and a mostly vacant room, seems to me what it must be like at Turbine nowadays.
    Well, this is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Magian View Post
    Good to know more groups with been successful with melee focused. We tried it once post-patch and damage from Morgaraf seemed really wonky. We're doing more melee on Thursday so we'll see if it's the same or different.
    In our melee strats, the guard (me) has ranged tanked or melee tanked the shadow chick depending on the situation. Most of the time I hold it from range easy enough and being a guard im far more surviable then a hunter and require alot less healing. with doing dps on the shadow chick with a couple of hunters or rks they simply stand right on where im standing so should they pull agro the shadow chick dosnt move. I am yet to have a hunter pull agro off me while cycling fray the edge from range, doing my bow attacks and in threat stance. Ofcourse the hunters are managing there agro and stagger there dps to keep pace or with in the band range for the melee group on the fire boss.

We often have 2 champs, maybe a 2nd guard/warden with 2 cappies and a burg working on the fire boss and alternating in as we all know. Captains will assist the champs with dps and the burg as required. Just all depends on how healing is going, dps on both targets.

I have actualy found raids I have lead that have a bit more heavy armour or melee group more surviable if things dont go to plan. It is also a good feeling knowing you can take more of your kin Champs/Melee groups into BG and get the job done. Thats why I like it, overall better result for the kin. Perhaps its different for raiding kins who want the best result with optimum group makeup for faster kills and such. For us though fairness is far more important so alot more of the kin can raid.

It is good though to see other kins doing more melee heavy raids. Poor Champs.

Quote Originally Posted by cwswim03 View Post
    Heh, I melee dps the shadow chick.... Others haven't figured out how?
    It would be nice if you would explain it. Alot of us have other roles and would like to tell our champs/burgs how to be more useful but dont have the opportunity to experiment ourselves to figure it out.
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/mandywun]Mandywun[/url], Minstrel 61 (SM/K Tailor) - [url=http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/gwennethwun]Gwennethwun[/url], Guardian 65 (SM/K Metalsmith)
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/briannawun]Briannawun[/url], Burglar 65 (SM/K Jeweler) - [url=http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/hollywun]Hollywun[/url], Hunter 65 (SM/K Woodworker)
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/ranzarawun]Ranzarawun[/url], Runekeeper 65 (SM/K Scholar) - [url=http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/ranzarawun]Catharinewun[/url], Captain 29 (K Weaponsmith)

1 Frothing Road, Feginstath - Thorins Hall Homesteads, Elendilmir

Quote Originally Posted by dhatcher1 View Post
    It would be nice if you would explain it. Alot of us have other roles and would like to tell our champs/burgs how to be more useful but dont have the opportunity to experiment ourselves to figure it out.
    Mmmm, wait til she goes to do an attack. Do one attack, get out, repeat. Never uses away with you if you time it right.

You currently have 1337 reputation point(s).

Quote Originally Posted by cwswim03 View Post
    Mmmm, wait til she goes to do an attack. Do one attack, get out, repeat. Never uses away with you if you time it right.
    Or just take a hunter, RK or LM even. Else, you're liable to get bashed with the noob stick for having too many puddles.

Seriously though, ranged tanking both of these bosses is where it's at. One might even consider a hunter/guardian duo for certain reasons...or just leave the tanks at home and bring 2 more hunters, RKs or LMs even... We brought a 2nd LM in lieu of a 2nd tank last time and it was a much greater asset.

The NOLDOR of Arkenstone

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7