We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Crafted relic slot

So I finally have a 65 third age i'm happy enough with to switch from my 60 second age and was just wondering what people have been slotting in the crafted relic slot?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000181ccd/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Re: Crafted relic slot

melee off/melee crit
    [I]What is this crowd control you speak of? I am a captain.[/I]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000000d2e4b/01003/signature.png]Ralinor[/charsig]
    Shak-rar/rov/liv/ru/weave - stalker/reaver/defiler/blackarrow/weaver extraordinare

Have seen captains using:

Morale
    Vitality
    Fate
    Will
    Tact Off/Crit
    Melee Off/Crit
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000011f949/01003/signature.png]Trebolus[/charsig]

There is no wrong answer.
    [COLOR="Lime"][B]Tsion[/B][/COLOR] - [B]R10[/B] [B]Captain, [COLOR="Magenta"]Candyman[/COLOR][/B] [B]of[/B] [B][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Nimrodel[/COLOR][/B]
    [B]Leader/Founder of[/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]The Dancing Tsions™[/COLOR][/B]
    [CENTER][COLOR="Lime"][B]Throwing Axe KB Count:[/B][/COLOR] [B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]5[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][B][COLOR="Yellow"]Collector of Juice™[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

Thumbs up Re: Crafted relic slot

Well, for the 65 crafted there are really 2 choices. Symbol of Vigor or symbol of battle. Vigor makes you heal better, and battle give you a fair does the melee offence and crit rating.

My personal preferance for general everyday LI is Symbol of battle on both LI.

If you have a special LI reserved for healing/raid situations be sure to put Vigor in it.

When soloing the symbol of battle will give your cappy the extra oomph that a cappy needs.

Actually, if your a HoH cappy that likes to melee, in hopes of getting more defeat responses, the crit relic may not be a bad idea. I know it helps me get off one more rallying cry i may not get otherwise.

my crit is high enough without the crafted, so I go outgoing healing

I sport the melee offense/crit relic on my halberd.

Emblem drop rates still stink, rolling with a 1st age emblem I recently acquired so no uber symbol there.
    Hurth, Warden
    Barst, Guardian
    Xiox, Reaver

Quote Originally Posted by Murtanion View Post
    I sport the melee offense/crit relic on my halberd.

Emblem drop rates still stink, rolling with a 1st age emblem I recently acquired so no uber symbol there.
    Bah, my level 59 3A emblem is plenty good enough - 15secs on rallying cry, +15% rallying cry healing, +12% vocal healing, +12% valiant strike healing...I won't be replacing in a hurry. I even blew 10 stars on it for a scroll of delving. But melee crit/offense on weapon it all helps against higher level mobs.

EDIT - yes I know about outgoing healing rating and I can only slot a tier 1 relic but it is still not worth changing. Not even close.
    Last edited by findorin-gilrain; Mar 15 2010 at 09:58 AM.
    [FONT=Arial][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000014ca6b/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]Pendarion of Gilrain, Level 75 Captain, [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]Arafin of Gilrain, Level 75 Elf Lore-master, [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]Grimbor of Gilrain, Level 75 Dwarf Guardian, [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
    Findorin of Gilrain, Level 70 Elf Hunter, [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]Grimwise of Gilrain, Level 65 Dwarf Minstrel, [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]Gilgaran of Gilrain, Level 65 Elf Warden, [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]Arafindor of Gilrain. Level 65 Man Champion, [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]Andarfin of Arkenstone, Level 65 Man Lore-master, G[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]ilgarion of Arkenstone, Level 65 Elf Rune-keeper, [/SIZE][/FONT]

I already push enough stats towards healing. I'm not counting on healing (tactical) crits for the captainy HMO--minstrels are spike healing. I went melee relic so I can get some reasonable damage out there and to open up those gated skills.

Nothing has yet touched my level 60 first age emblem, so that's still going strong.
    [CENTER]

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Tsion_Reborn View Post
    There is no wrong answer.
    Oh yes there is:

Ranged Offence/Crit.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000001dbab/01001/signature.png]Fettorin[/charsig]
    Courage is of no value unless accompanied by justice; yet if all men became just, there would be no need for courage. [B]- Agesilaus the Second[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by speaksoftly View Post
    Oh yes there is:

Ranged Offence/Crit.

Battle Shout!!!!
    [COLOR="Lime"][B]Tsion[/B][/COLOR] - [B]R10[/B] [B]Captain, [COLOR="Magenta"]Candyman[/COLOR][/B] [B]of[/B] [B][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Nimrodel[/COLOR][/B]
    [CENTER][COLOR="Lime"][B]Throwing Axe KB Count:[/B][/COLOR] [B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]5[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]

That would be tact. unless I'm much mistaken.
    Graf | Musta

Well I can't say I've tested whether or not that would improve it...but how about...

THROWING AXES!!!!!

Battle Shout!!!!
    That's a tactical skill --- FAIL !

Well I can't say I've tested whether or not that would improve it...but how about...

THROWING AXES!!!!!
    Now you are talking ! Someone asked me why i had that much ranged crit on my captain !
    Marianna from Windfola, Captain lv115.
    Now on Arkenstone, took a few year off on Gladden.

Quote Originally Posted by findorin-gilrain View Post
    Bah, my level 59 3A emblem is plenty good enough - 15secs on rallying cry, +15% rallying cry healing, +12% vocal healing, +12% valiant strike healing...I won't be replacing in a hurry. I even blew 10 stars on it for a scroll of delving. But melee crit/offense on weapon it all helps against higher level mobs.

EDIT - yes I know about outgoing healing rating and I can only slot a tier 1 relic but it is still not worth changing. Not even close.
    This line of thought is also prevalent on the Minstrel forums and I believed the same thing until I conducted this simple test.

Take a lvl 65 third age (any generic lvl 65 third age) and max out the tactical heal rating. Equip it and compare your heals.

You may be surprised to learn that your generic lvl 65 third age heals for more than your "uber" lvl 59 third age. It certainly is the case for Minstrels.

With the advent of SoM +tactical heal rating > all else now.
    [size=1][color=gray]Draxl - 75 Human Guardian / Braxl - 65 Human Champion
    Bomri - 75 Dwarven Minstrel / Bimri - 65 Dwarven Rune-keeper
    Silverlode[/color][/size]

Quote Originally Posted by atimes View Post
    This line of thought is also prevalent on the Minstrel forums and I believed the same thing until I conducted this simple test.

Take a lvl 65 third age (any generic lvl 65 third age) and max out the tactical heal rating. Equip it and compare your heals.

You may be surprised to learn that your generic lvl 65 third age heals for more than your "uber" lvl 59 third age. It certainly is the case for Minstrels.

With the advent of SoM +tactical heal rating > all else now.
    Especially if you compare a lvl 59 3rd age to a lvl 65 3rd age. Some people were comparing 59-60 2nd and 1st ages to lvl 65 3rd age and still failing. With 59 3A I would imagine its even worse. I know on my minstrel, I had a lvl 60 2A and the max tact heal rating was +14 and on lvl 65 3A its +18. I would imagine on 59 3A it would be +13 and 59 1A would be +15. Those 3-5 ranks of heal rating are worth somewhere in the 1.5% to 2% each rank. Plus on a 59 3A you aren't even getting the benefit of extra points to spend.

The only exception I would throw out there is (at least on Landroval) lvl 65 Captain Emblems are extremely rare. My captain isn't my main but I have seen drop/bought probably 100 songbooks/belts but only gotten maybe 7-10 total emblems and I crafted 3 of those. So if you just can't find any and have a good 2A, I could see that being OK to keep. But even with that probably RC CD, Vocal heals would make it just as good as an old one...but that's just a guess.
    Last edited by AceItcher; Mar 16 2010 at 01:52 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000003fef/signature.png]Jungo[/charsig]
    Herkamur - 65 Dwarf Guardian Roadblock, Gabby - 65 Man Captain Buffmaster,
    Gugwyn - 65 Man Champion, Fandarian - 62 Elf Hunter, Eoshan - 60 Man Burglar,
    Kolgash - R5 Warleader

Quote Originally Posted by AceItcher View Post
    Especially if you compare a lvl 59 3rd age to a lvl 65 3rd age. Some people were comparing 59-60 2nd and 1st ages to lvl 65 3rd age and still failing. With 59 3A I would imagine its even worse. I know on my minstrel, I had a lvl 60 2A and the max tact heal rating was +14 and on lvl 65 3A its +18. I would imagine on 59 3A it would be +13 and 59 1A would be +15. Those 3-5 ranks of heal rating are worth somewhere in the 1.5% to 2% each rank. Plus on a 59 3A you aren't even getting the benefit of extra points to spend.

The only exception I would throw out there is (at least on Landroval) lvl 65 Captain Emblems are extremely rare. My captain isn't my main but I have seen drop/bought probably 100 songbooks/belts but only gotten maybe 7-10 total emblems and I crafted 3 of those. So if you just can't find any and have a good 2A, I could see that being OK to keep. But even with that probably RC CD, Vocal heals would make it just as good as an old one...but that's just a guess.

They are rare enough on Brandywine as well. I'd switch if I could get a decent level 65 emblem. Still, my 2nd age level 60 has enough points to max out Vocal Healing, Rallying cry cooldown, Healing from Strength of Will, and a Legacy of Will, and ALMOST max out Legacy of Fate and Legacy of Might.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000003071/01008/signature.png]Kalbarad[/charsig]

I finally got a 3rd age, lvl 65 crafted emblem with RC cooldown, RC heal, vocal heal, and strength of will. All of them are tier 6 now, and I only have *1* point left after maxing them out at lvl 70 and getting tact healing to +18. So, I replaced one of the remaining legs with +8 will.

Good news is that you don't need to start with 3 legs on an emblem, since you can only max those 4.

Oh, and I heal for 837 right now (max number on the mouseover) with 400 will (after food/self-buffs/minnie buff). I have both outgoing healing relics. I would love to get my will up to 650, but I don't want to risk losing crit chance either. It's a tough call.

(my 59 1st age emblem maxed out at 708. Granted, I did have a lot more things maxed out on it, so that was fun...)
    Last edited by Reillan; Mar 17 2010 at 04:26 PM.

Wow i must be the luckiest cappy round, had been 65 for a whole day (dinged 2 days ago now) and on my first SH run i scored a 65 emblem. Got RC cooldown t5 WoC t5 vocal heal t3 and on ident then got melee heals t1 and time of need t3 (prob get rid of that for stat bonus).

So im a happy cappy.

Would u guys say vocal or melee heal are better to rank...i have inspire crankin constantly but dont have HoH yet to get the big Hot

Im goin a melle crit n outgoin healin relic....nice n even on both
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000019bf63/01005/signature.png]Donttreadonme[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Treadly View Post
    Wow i must be the luckiest cappy round, had been 65 for a whole day (dinged 2 days ago now) and on my first SH run i scored a 65 emblem. Got RC cooldown t5 WoC t5 vocal heal t3 and on ident then got melee heals t1 and time of need t3 (prob get rid of that for stat bonus).

So im a happy cappy.

Would u guys say vocal or melee heal are better to rank...i have inspire crankin constantly but dont have HoH yet to get the big Hot

Im goin a melle crit n outgoin healin relic....nice n even on both
    Vocal. No question. I'd be tempted to replace melee healing with a Legacy of Fate or Will. Even with HoH, improving your vocal healing is more effective 99.99% of the time.

Adding Fate and Will also improve your Melee healing. The healing component to melee healing is still a tactical effect, so increasing Will improves it. Also, every tick of a HoT has a chance to crit. Increasing your Fate will make those ticks more likely to crit for more healing.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000003071/01008/signature.png]Kalbarad[/charsig]

Thanks for the info SWGB
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000019bf63/01005/signature.png]Donttreadonme[/charsig]

nah, I'd keep melee heal and replace the words of courage heal with will.