We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Warden skill affects on creeps

I'm curious how the debuff from Hampering Javelin is applied. For ex, a springting warg or charging reaver runs at +100 run speed. After the debuff, is their run speed is now +70?

Also, is a charging Reaver immune to the knockback of an ambush? I tried to ambush a charging reaver one the other day with no affect but I don't know if I just missed.
    Landy, Brandy, & Riddermark [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?412044-Riddermarks-cast-of-characters&highlight="]Riddermark's finest[/URL] and [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?416597-Riddermark-Satire&highlight="]Riddermark satire [/URL]

Re: Warden skill affects on creeps

Quote Originally Posted by couillon View Post
    I'm curious how the debuff from Hampering Javelin is applied. For ex, a springting warg or charging reaver runs at +100 run speed. After the debuff, is their run speed is now +70?

Also, is a charging Reaver immune to the knockback of an ambush? I tried to ambush a charging reaver one the other day with no affect but I don't know if I just missed.
    They'll be immune to your ambush if sprinting or using a brand. At least, that's what I've seen so far.
    Nerves, of the Brandywine.

Unfortunately, no. Warg's sprint or Reaver's charge overwrites any form of slow thrown at them. Only a broken leg after a jump from a high point will slow them down.

Also, a Charging reaver is immune to all forms of Crowd Control, except conjunctions. So ambush will have no affect on a charging reaver.

Also, a Warg's sprint lasts 20 seconds.
    A reaver's charge lasts 8 seconds.

If you put a slow on them, once their sprint/charge wears off, they do become affected by the slow (Hampering javelin in your case).

Their speed will be set to 70%, yes. Slows haven't stacked in quite some time, so only the most powerful one on a target works.

Yes. Reaver Charge gives immunity to all CC (except CJs?) for the 8s duration.
    Arda Shrugged : Elendilmir (RIP) -> Arkenstone -> Anor (RIP) -> Landroval -> Treebeard

The nice thing about ambush tho is that it cant be countered with Resilience or is it that i cant use pots for it.... Maybe both lol.. ANyway its better then normal stuns
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b01000006e8f3/signature.png]Kerishnak[/charsig]
    ~Kerishnak Rank 9 Reaver!~~ ~~Vajyno Rank 5 Defiler~~ ~~Namrod Rank 8 Loremaster of Eru~~ ~~Feynor Rank 6 warden oh and a rank 4 ezmode warg

Quote Originally Posted by gildhur View Post
    Their speed will be set to 70%, yes. Slows haven't stacked in quite some time, so only the most powerful one on a target works.

Yes. Reaver Charge gives immunity to all CC (except CJs?) for the 8s duration.
    I think you misread Gildhur. Charge and Sprint set runspeed to a fixed 200%, and that number is immutable by slows. Only after the Charge/Sprint effect has worn off, is the reaver/warg's speed set to 70%.
    [CENTER][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=pink]S[SIZE=1]TROZZAPRETI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 10/X6|[COLOR=olive]R[SIZE=1]IGATONI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 8|[COLOR=red]G[SIZE=1]NOCCHI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 7|[COLOR=blue]M[SIZE=1]ACCHERONI[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS] 7|[COLOR=yellow]R[SIZE=1]AVIOLI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 6|[COLOR=orange]F[SIZE=1]USILLI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 6
    A[SIZE=1]STERIX[/SIZE]|C[SIZE=1]HARAKHA[/SIZE]|K[SIZE=1]HAGATAI[/SIZE]|V[SIZE=1]ORO[/SIZE][/FONT]
    Playing on JQ in GW2
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Rainyman View Post
    I think you misread Gildhur. Charge and Sprint set runspeed to a fixed 200%, and that number is immutable by slows. Only after the Charge/Sprint effect has worn off, is the reaver/warg's speed set to 70%.
    Oh, I totally did. I missed the "charging" and "sprinting" bits. Thought he was just talking about normal slows. You're right, Charge and Sprint will override any slows. Only if the slow is still up when the buffs wear off will they be slowed.
    Arda Shrugged : Elendilmir (RIP) -> Arkenstone -> Anor (RIP) -> Landroval -> Treebeard

Quote Originally Posted by Fladrif View Post
    The nice thing about ambush tho is that it cant be countered with Resilience or is it that i cant use pots for it.... Maybe both lol.. ANyway its better then normal stuns
    Probably because Ambush is a knockdown, not a stun.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000019d475/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Nightmares - 30 Hobbit Warden - Riddermark
    Endaa - 65 Man Warden - Brandywine
    Enda - 65 Hobbit Burglar - Brandywine
    Suvi - 65 Elf Hunter - Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by Suvi View Post
    Probably because Ambush is a knockdown, not a stun.
    So if a creep is stunned, and I ambush it before it gets back up, will it knock them down, locking them for longer?

No, because the stun debuff will block the ambush debuff.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000019d475/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Rainyman View Post
    Warg sprint is affected by slows, it's just hard to tell since it's so high. With the rk 70%, you really notice it.
    Maniia / r11 Warg / Landroval

No, stuns, knockdowns, and cj's all stack sadly. If the stun wears off before the cj or kd is applied it will keep them down longer.

Quote Originally Posted by loriendil View Post
    Warg sprint is affected by slows, it's just hard to tell since it's so high. With the rk 70%, you really notice it.
    It's definitely not affected.
    [CENTER][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=pink]S[SIZE=1]TROZZAPRETI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 10/X6|[COLOR=olive]R[SIZE=1]IGATONI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 8|[COLOR=red]G[SIZE=1]NOCCHI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 7|[COLOR=blue]M[SIZE=1]ACCHERONI[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS] 7|[COLOR=yellow]R[SIZE=1]AVIOLI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 6|[COLOR=orange]F[SIZE=1]USILLI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 6
    A[SIZE=1]STERIX[/SIZE]|C[SIZE=1]HARAKHA[/SIZE]|K[SIZE=1]HAGATAI[/SIZE]|V[SIZE=1]ORO[/SIZE][/FONT]
    Playing on JQ in GW2
    [/CENTER]

I'm talking about BEFORE the creep gets back up. Meaning, they are still locked. Burgs can do it with their CJs, was just wondering about Warden's ambush.

No, Warg sprint is not affected. This is misinformation.
    Now, I COULD BE WRONG ABOUT THIS, but I believe an RK's slow actually greys out the creep skill bar. So, while they are slowed, they cannot hit sprint. But if they hit sprint BEFORE the slow is applied, they will still be running at 200% speed, just unable to use any skills with a grey bar.

No, stuns, knockdowns, and cj's all stack sadly. If the stun wears off before the cj or kd is applied it will keep them down longer.
    Ok, this is what I thought is correct.
    Last edited by DcDisturbed947; Mar 20 2010 at 10:35 AM.

I don't do PVMP so I'm not entirely sure. I had read on here though that if a mob is stunned for a CJ, your Ambush won't do anything. But a burg can still CJ while a mob is knocked down from Ambush.

Quote Originally Posted by DcDisturbed947 View Post
    No, Warg sprint is not affected. This is misinformation.
    Now, I COULD BE WRONG ABOUT THIS, but I believe an RK's slow actually greys out the creep skill bar. So, while they are slowed, they cannot hit sprint. But if they hit sprint BEFORE the slow is applied, they will still be running at 200% speed, just unable to use any skills with a grey bar.
    Odd. Maybe I'm just not paying much attention when I sprint :P and no, the rk slow doesn't grey out the skills.

Odd. Maybe I'm just not paying much attention when I sprint :P and no, the rk slow doesn't grey out the skills.
    Ah ok ty for the clarification on the RK skill.

And yes, 200% sure there's no snare that can slow down a warg sprinting. Speed gets set at 200% no matter what.

Only if they are feared will it slow them (or a broken leg from falling injury). But once the fear breaks, they go back to the 200% until the timer expires.

I don't do PVMP so I'm not entirely sure. I had read on here though that if a mob is stunned for a CJ, your Ambush won't do anything. But a burg can still CJ while a mob is knocked down from Ambush.
    Timing is critical but you can stack a CJ and ambush. They have to be timed so that one does not wear off before the other is applied.

Landy, Brandy, & Riddermark [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?412044-Riddermarks-cast-of-characters&highlight="]Riddermark's finest[/URL] and [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?416597-Riddermark-Satire&highlight="]Riddermark satire [/URL]

I'm pretty sure you can ambush a stunned enemy and get the full duration of the knockdown.

That means, stun->ambush->CJ = fun times with a burg.
    Playing on JQ in GW2
    [/CENTER]

Timing is critical but you can stack a CJ and ambush. They have to be timed so that one does not wear off before the other is applied.
    Indeed. My Guardian does this all the time with Overwhelm->To the King.

With the moores what I have noticed is that you have to stun/knockdown before the CJ not after like I can stun then Cj using pounce then Tendonshred but I can't tendonshred then proc cripple/pounce to make it last longer

Quote Originally Posted by Ogabu View Post
    With the moores what I have noticed is that you have to stun/knockdown before the CJ not after like I can stun then Cj using pounce then Tendonshred but I can't tendonshred then proc cripple/pounce to make it last longer
    Right. You cannot chain two stun effects of the same type together (stun, knockdown, CJ knockdown). however, you can upgrade one into the other (stun->knock, stun->CJ, knock->CJ, etc). Daze, root, and fear can be chained with no immunity whatsoever. DR affects all these things differently in PvMP of course.