We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

legendary melee weapon

I am new to the hunter forum as my hunter is an alt. so forgive me if this question has been asked before.

Are they any major difference to having a 2nd age melee weapon, vs a third age lvl 65 or a 59-60 first age.

I do pvmp in the moors and intend to raid with him.

I know I have more points and a little better dps with the 2nd age.
    But is enough of a difference to spend a symbol on, or is it a waste.
    Hardt Guardian 95 R9~Nofroe Hunter 95 R7~Brohardt RK 95 R6~Corvalien Cappy 86 R6
    Maximillion Champ 88 R4~Dahila mini 85 R6~Dbuff LM 65 R4~Annikaa Warden~Sanfred Burg
    Creeps~Blackpain BA R8~Pebkac Warg R5~Steroidrage Reevah R6
    ~Leader~ [url]Intothewest.guildlaunch.com[/url] ~Elendilmir server~

Re: legendary melee weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Corvalien View Post
    I am new to the hunter forum as my hunter is an alt. so forgive me if this question has been asked before.

Are they any major difference to having a 2nd age melee weapon, vs a third age lvl 65 or a 59-60 first age.

I sure as hell wouldn't waste a Symbol if your 3A already has good, ranked up legacies on it. I've always considered my melee weapons to be more of a stat boost than a source of DPS.
    [COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]Ayrolen[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrange]Anikosi[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Anfribur[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Ametrine[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Amari[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Ayaneth[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Red]Asparagus[/COLOR]-[COLOR=SandyBrown]Anayalos[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Alyradal[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Aloe[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Asiago[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Altanoin[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
    7 Haven Way, Tund Loriel, Falathlorn Homesteads
    [COLOR=White]Elendilmir[/COLOR] Arda Shrugged -[COLOR=White]Crickhollow[/COLOR] The Colonists[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Corvalien View Post

I think it is a waste of a symbol at this time to go for a level 65 2nd age. I would probably go for a 1st age since the medallions are easy to get! Unless you plan on trying to DPS with your Melee. The 1st age should start with higher teirs and there by take less work to make what you want. But at the end of it all I would take whatever pops up with the legacies that you are looking for (+NH, +AOE Targets, +S:P Crit Damage are my top ones).

"Live and Let Die"

It's a waste of a Symbol. Find a good L65 3rd Age and call it a day.
    [LEFT][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]7 Level 65s: Champ, Hunter, Guardian, Captain, RK, LM, Burglar[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=YellowGreen] [B]All of them are sick of grinding Scrolls of Empowerment[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=Red][B]Awaiting change...[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/LEFT]

Personally, I'd only spend a symbol of Cel. on a 2nd age hunter weapon if:

1) I already had an item lvl 65 2nd age bow with near-perfect legacies

2) None of my other characters needed 2nd age weapons

3) All of my close friends and kinnies had at least one top-notch 2nd ager

So basically never probably.

I wouldn't worry about having more points, either, unless you really, really want to level DPS on it. Depends on your playstyle, I guess. I only use melee skills for their utility myself, e.g. something has gotten into melee range and I want to slow it, or I want to gain a bit of focus so I can nuke it with my bow. If that's similar to how you play, you'll save a ton of points if you don't even level DPS on your melee LI at all, leaving those points free to spend on legacies.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20200000013d3e9/signature.png]Derrial[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]