We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Starter Legendaries are buffed?

I had a look at two starter legendarie weapons from Volume 2, book 1 today. They seemed way better than what I remember getting when Moria launched. They are certainly better than what I routinely get out of DV with rusted dwarf tools and Khuzdul tablets. Both had 4 T5-6 legacies. Is this normal? If it is, then I think its a good thing. Makes that starting legendary item a bit more legendary. I remember when I ran through Moria the first time, I didn't actually use my legendaries until near 60 because my non-legendary items gave such nice stat boosts.

--Harperella
    [url=http://alesandtales.com]The Lonely Mountain Band[/url]|[url=http://tinyurl.com/freestyleharp]Freestyle![/url]|[url=http://tinyurl.com/winharperella]Winner: Top Guild Leader![/url]|[url=Weatherstock.guildlaunch.com]Weatherstock V[/url]

Re: Starter Legendaries are buffed?

In my own experience, with the exception of one toon, all the starter legendaries were worthy of the name. I've never had anything comparable since then. If Turbine had indeed made those weapons grow with me throughout the passage through Moria, I would have been extremely happy (presuming that DPS grew, too).

I suspect that everyone received fairly good starter legendaries.
    Last edited by Kreegan; Mar 17 2010 at 05:36 PM. Reason: typo
    Beware of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup.

Red face Re: Starter Legendaries are buffed?

Though it wasn't the case when Moria launched, it definitely has been normal since then. I look at it as a way to get you really excited about legendary weapons. Unfortunately you'll never get one with the same type of starting legacies again. Around 53-54, my alts start wanting more dps, so I have to forgo the first awesome one. It's always a depressing day, especially since you can't deconstruct it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000008badb/01001/signature.png]Gormosi[/charsig]

Yes.

Up until SoM, tactical based classes like LMs and Mins hardly had any reason to replace their first LI because of lack of good replacement until they start finding high end SAs or FAs at L60. My Mins still had his at L58.
    [COLOR=red][/COLOR]Retired.

I concur- didn't replace my Mini's starter LI's untill 55 - the legs were just too good compared to the RNG results I kept getting!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000001d2826/01003/signature.png]Rachir[/charsig]

The good starter items are the hook that gets you interested......
    Guardian
    Bogutyr -R5 Hunter Telerono -R6 Minstrel Guntar -R4 Captain Larysa -R3
    Reaver NotBogu -R10 BlackArrow ScaredyCat -R6 Warleader Maagaer -R2 Stalker Bogutyi -R3

Quote Originally Posted by JeanCarlo View Post
    Yes.

Up until SoM, tactical based classes like LMs and Mins hardly had any reason to replace their first LI because of lack of good replacement until they start finding high end SAs or FAs at L60. My Mins still had his at L58.
    I think only getting 30 levels was a pretty good reason to replace the starter legendaries.
    [color=#9A32CD]Third Marshal Adrina the Battlemaster Rank 12 Rune-keeper[/color]
    [color=#1E90FF]Emedyl R7 Captain, Ritah R7 Burg, Harwyn R7 LM, Camacho R6 Captain[/color]
    [color=#FF3030]Deeman R5 Guard, Kemli R5 Champ, Bigcheese R5 Mini
    Morderon R4 Champ, Cronks R4 Warden, Deaman R4 Hunter[/color]
    [color=#FF7F24]Murauz R7 BA, Dreykahn, R7 Reaver, Morzug R7 Warg, Renamedske R5 Spider[/color]

Classic bait and switch.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000040133/01008/signature.png]Ardeth[/charsig]
    [CENTER][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Cyan"]Ardeth --75 minstrel; Mirianor--75 RK; Philippa--75 captain;[/CENTER][CENTER]Brynna--68 burg; Ellaril--72 hunter; Irulan--67 loremaster[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Blangadanger View Post
    It's always a depressing day, especially since you can't deconstruct it.
    Er, I've never had a problem deconstructing my starter legendaries. Been done on 4 characters now. One of them within less than a week of Moria launch.
    I want my "The Venomous" title back.

Quote Originally Posted by Iracham View Post
    Er, I've never had a problem deconstructing my starter legendaries. Been done on 4 characters now. One of them within less than a week of Moria launch.
    I deconstructed my starter legendary weapon last night, can confirm that this works fine...

I only had 2 toons ready at or near the launch of Moria, but for them my first LI's were so good I was using them for 10 or more levels. I still use my first weapon as a solo weapon on my 65 Mistrel because it has so many good legacies. My first song books didn't last too long, but the weapons did last quite some time.
    Aldekim (95 Landroval) Aldekim (65 Meneldor), Aldekim (13 Arkenstone),Aldekim (33 Laurelin), Aldekim (11 Nimrodel), Aldekim (Crickhollow), Aldekim (Elendilmir)