We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thursday Morning of Coffee/Tea/and the Blues

Somebody loan me a dime,
    I need to call my old-time used to be.
    Somebody loan me a dime,
    I need to call my old-time used to be.
    The girl's been gone so long, so long,
    You know its worrying, worrying me.

Morning Landrovalrim,

I thought I would do a drive-by opening this morning since the CH was not open yet. Its cool and foggy down here in Springfield and I am going down to our exercise room, but I had a bluesy kind of morning. The Lyrics above are from a song called Loan me a dime by Boz Skaggs. I finally found the old version from the 70's that had the immortal Duane Allman on slide guitar. I had it on my old computer but lost it when the drive failed. This is how I learned the need for a backup drive!
    I have always wanted to do a topic called "Favorite Blues songs" but I dont think it would go over too well; With a few exceptions, my musical tastes are far different than most of yours .

Well, the tea is steeping, the coffee is percolating, the eggs are scrambling and the bacon/sausage/ham is cooking. Gombur is not here so the corned-beef hash line is closed; it was too hard to get corned beef the day after Saint Paddy's day. But the pastry hobbit showed up on time, and Wilson and his staff have put in some new, extra fluffy pillows in the pillow corner for any who need them, and the colostomy corner has been hosed down and scrubbed till it shines.

Have a good day all, I will be back when the mood strikes me.
    Gombur Gromburson, Level 130 Guardian
    Member of Irony and Spite
    Commander of the 92nd Dwarven Highlanders

Re: Thursday Morning of Coffee/Tea/and the Blues

Running late so I can't stay. Just want to say I hope everyone has a great day!
    DYMongoose

Good morning, Doc. I've missed you.

The furnace guy is coming today, and if that is dealt with early enough and the children are all healthy, we're going to visit the new children's area at the OKC zoo. I've heard great things about it, and we really do need to do something special before Spring Break is over.
    Never try to teach a troll to sing. It frustrates you and annoys the troll.
    "If worlds are to collide,..let us do so together!"--Welby

Welcome back, Doc, it's great to see you come around.

I'm off on my way to sleep, just had the super-surreal experience of e-mailing my parents about something LotRO related and looking forward to my rockstar lifestyle of going to the doctor, grocery shopping and maybe shopping for a couch tomorrow. Wooeeeeee this Thursday is gonna RawWwWkkk! o_o

I haven't played a lot in the last few days, mostly due to a feeling of general ennui and doscontent. I've spent most of my time wrapped in a book and staring at different various websites.

/noms a fresh hobbit pastry
    /has a little bit of herbal tea
    /curls up in her favorite armchair next to the fire under a quilt
    /mumbles something about chinchillas
    Illuvarion Silwë of Gondolin - Vanimar (Laurelin) | "You can't spell 'Noldor' without 'No'"
    "It was on fire when I got here." | Valaraein Avariquen of Lórien - Death Guild (Landroval)

Good morning everyone!

So I have a question I do! Where would someone obtain one of those fancy well trained rams that I see many an individual upon?

*Grabs a muffin, subsequently scarfs down muffin*
    *Dives head first in the pillow corner*
    "Not all who wander are lost." - Tolkien

Oh, and since my posting time was cut short by a cranky 4-year-old, here is my contribution on the blues:

I listen, and enjoy, but don't know artists names, or details, with the exception of Stevie Ray Vaughan. For some reason, I can almost always recognize his music. Yesterday I got to point it out to Mirrah when "Pride and Joy" came on the radio, and she loved it. Nice mother-daughter moment, that.

...now I need to go find some. Thanks, Doc!

Quote Originally Posted by Baronh2o View Post
    Good morning everyone!

So I have a question I do! Where would someone obtain one of those fancy well trained rams that I see many an individual upon?

Well, the Dusky Nimblefoot Goat was some sort of pre-order extra thing, but I can't remember exactly what from--there have been so many! Aside from him, you can purchase a goat in Moria from one of the rep factions, once you have adequate faction, of course.

Wow. I'm really vague today...

Good morning everyone!

If you bought the adventurers pack with SoM then you would have been given one. If not, the only way I know of is to get Kindred with the Miners in Moria. Once at Kindred you can purchase a goat (you can actually purchase one at friend or ally but it's SLOW... it's worth the wait).

Thanks for opening, Doc!

Good morning folks... despite the dog keeping me up all night, I managed to make it into work much earlier than normal. This means I won't be here until 6p
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000000dc021/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Gloern[/COLOR][/B] -[COLOR="DarkOrchid"] L65 Guardian[/COLOR] / [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Tieranor[/COLOR][/B] - [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]L65 Minstrel[/COLOR] / [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Swana[/COLOR][/B] - [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]L45 Hunter[/COLOR]
    [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Thoern[/COLOR][/B] - [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]L65 Champion[/COLOR] / [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Lenamyr[/COLOR][/B] - [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]L15 Captain[/COLOR]
    Anonymous is up for it though. Anonymous is legion. -PastorInsanity

Once you have gained sufficient reputation among the Iron Garrison Miners (in Moria), they will sell you one of their prized Redhorn Goats. I believe oyu have to become kindred to them, though it is not as difficult as it may seem, given that most of the quests involve SOME kind of faction or other.

Other goats were gifts to those who pre-ordered Mirkwood/Adventurers pack, though I'm not sure whether you can still get a goat out of the deal.
    Illuvarion Silwë of Gondolin - Vanimar (Laurelin) | "You can't spell 'Noldor' without 'No'"
    "It was on fire when I got here." | Valaraein Avariquen of Lórien - Death Guild (Landroval)

Quote Originally Posted by oldbustedjorn View Post
    If you bought the adventurers pack with SoM then you would have been given one. If not, the only way I know of is to get Kindred with the Miners in Moria. Once at Kindred you can purchase a goat (you can actually purchase one at friend or ally but it's SLOW... it's worth the wait).
    Hmmm, I just recently purchased the adventurers pack with SoM, I guess it was a limited time promotion?

Quote Originally Posted by Valaraen View Post
    Once you have gained sufficient reputation among the Iron Garrison Miners (in Moria), they will sell you one of their prized Redhorn Goats. I believe oyu have to become kindred to them, though it is not as difficult as it may seem, given that most of the quests involve SOME kind of faction or other.

Other goats were gifts to those who pre-ordered Mirkwood/Adventurers pack, though I'm not sure whether you can still get a goat out of the deal.

That answers it then, must have been a limited time promotion with adventurers pack and SOM.

Thanks to everyone that replied, you are all very helpful!!

I think I was enjoying myself too much yesterday. I dressed up Kymli for the holiday, downloaded some .abc Irish jigs and a cool bagpipe rendition of Amazing Grace, then hit the moors. Afterwards, wandered through a few bars playing with a couple friends. It was an entertaining evening, and relatively calm.

Kymli Dwarf Mini ~ MamaCass Defiler

Can't believe how slow I was to respond, heh, by the time I got around to hitting "post" there'd already been multiple answers.

Good night everybody

Quote Originally Posted by Danaca View Post
    I find this adorable and squee worthy!

Morning all. I am half tempted to be grumpy, as my roommates 3 year old again kept me from sleep at a reasonable hour, especially since I got up extra early this morning and walked my friend's dogs with her. I find it is much easier to get up and workout when someone is expecting you to be there at a certain time. It's not so ominous walking in the still-dark of the morning when you have a good friend with you, so hopefully we plan to start repeating that ritual on a somewhat daily basis, and even if it's not a jog, a 2 mile walk every morning has to account for something right?

Ahh well, in other news, excited about the citizen's police academy tonight, we get to go out and play with the police speeding radars, so anyone in the Atlanta area better not speed tonight!
    ~ Sylexis Relsicil of Rohan ~
    Craft for a discount at my house ~ 2 Long Street ~ Starkglen ~ Breeland Homesteads
    (Farmland behind the house at 4 Fountain Street ~ Starkglen)

Hmmm, I just recently purchased the adventurers pack with SoM, I guess it was a limited time promotion?
    As was said... it was a pre-order

Can't believe how slow I was to respond, heh, by the time I got around to hitting "post" there'd already been multiple answers.

Good night everybody
    Night! Sleep well!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000000dc021/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Gloern[/COLOR][/B] -[COLOR="DarkOrchid"] L65 Guardian[/COLOR] / [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Tieranor[/COLOR][/B] - [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]L65 Minstrel[/COLOR] / [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Swana[/COLOR][/B] - [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]L45 Hunter[/COLOR]
    [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Thoern[/COLOR][/B] - [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]L65 Champion[/COLOR] / [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Lenamyr[/COLOR][/B] - [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]L15 Captain[/COLOR]

Good night everybody
    Stink! Are you gone?! I was just about to ask you what that "thing in the works" was... You remember a couple of weeks ago when you left us all hanging? or did i miss it

------------------------------------------

Good morning everyone! I feel a LOT better today. Not too much to report on, but i should be at least lurking throughout the day. Have a good day!
    Ilisdor - Button-pusher, Adult, Cookie-Nommer, Grounded, Botherer of Delaney
    Saphirien - Hunter, Westfold Jeweler, Master of the Guild (65) Artwulf - Captain, Up and coming Woodworker (42)
    Lawrandir - Rune Keeper, Lazy Scholar (75) Rosegold II - Minstrel (16, RP)

This quote has been removed because I am no longer a fan of the person I was quoting. Thank you. -ShadowTH Management

Lemon-honey Green Tea.

I has it.
    ~ Sylexis Relsicil of Rohan ~
    Craft for a discount at my house ~ 2 Long Street ~ Starkglen ~ Breeland Homesteads
    (Farmland behind the house at 4 Fountain Street ~ Starkglen)

/happydance!!!!!!!

We have heat again, and it only cost me $95. The guy cleaned the heat sensor, and it started working perfectly.

I am so relieved!

Quote Originally Posted by GweannDarkslayer View Post
    /happydance!!!!!!!

We have heat again, and it only cost me $95. The guy cleaned the heat sensor, and it started working perfectly.

I am so relieved!
    That's so awesome

/happydance!!!!!!!

I am so relieved!
    Hooray!!

More importantly, did you watch how it was done, so next time hopefully you can save some coins by doing it yourself?

*that's the kind of thing I would do, being the general cheapskate that I am....
    Ilurien - 65 Htr/Evonwyn - 65 LM/Khaidhu - 65 Grd/Callendra - 65 Min/Nimenriel - 65 Chmp
    'The best part of the evening? We met as avatars, we left as friends' - Slamfist 2011

Good Morning Landrovalingas!

Thanks for opening, Doc!

The sun came out today. My walk to work will be that much more pleasant this afternoon.

/tea
    /cookies
    /trying not to spill breakfast on the netbook

/happydance!!!!!!!

I am so relieved!
    YAAAY!!!
    [CENTER][COLOR="YellowGreen"]Alditha, residing at 6 Harrow Road, Undervale.
    Temporary overseer of the Library of the Randirim, 2 Chalk Road, Ewefields.[/COLOR]
    [B][COLOR="Yellow"][I]Behold the Chinchillas! They ride to War![/I][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

And my day just got like ten times a billion better.

I got a raise!!!

I don't get raises, because I get paid in sticky kisses and squished dandelions, but I did get something awesome today! I ordered a beginner Irish Tin Whistle, and the new World of Darkness book, and they arrived this morning! I'm warm, and making music!!!

I don't get raises, because I get paid in sticky kisses and squished dandelions, but I did get something awesome today! I ordered a beginner Irish Tin Whistle, and the new World of Darkness book, and they arrived this morning! I'm warm, and making music!!!

Oooooo, a fellow World of Darkness lover. Tell me which setting:

Mage
    Vampire
    Changeling
    Werewolf

Or all the above, haha ?

**Edited to actually include an appropriate quote.
    Last edited by Baronh2o; Mar 18 2010 at 01:15 PM.

Morning Multiquote!

Starting with a tiny bit from yesterday's thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Reddhawk View Post
    Yes, that's right, I am hereby establishing the field of Theoretical Gastronomy. Now, I wonder if anyone has ever tried to link one's diet with their destiny (Gastrology).
    Well they say you are what you eat, so haven't your food choices always been an excellent predictor of your future condition?

Oh, and since my posting time was cut short by a cranky 4-year-old, here is my contribution on the blues:

I listen, and enjoy, but don't know artists names, or details, with the exception of Stevie Ray Vaughan. For some reason, I can almost always recognize his music. Yesterday I got to point it out to Mirrah when "Pride and Joy" came on the radio, and she loved it. Nice mother-daughter moment, that.

...now I need to go find some. Thanks, Doc!
    Awesome-ness, since I've had similar moments with my mom. Am I from the South too much if I use "Pride and Joy" as a lullaby?

/happydance!!!!!!!

I am so relieved!
    *thumbs up* Karma has cashed in today!

----

Slow day so far, but kind of appropriate in an industry where most of my coworkers are bachelors, and it's the day after St. Patrick's. I had been kind of hoping that would mean I wasn't needed today, but since I'm one of the few without a hangover, there's things for me to do. Doesn't seem fair until I remember the words of the wise Wesley:

"Life is pain... anyone who tells you different is selling something."

I have pain of work. They have pain of hangover... I'll take the pain of work
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000001df87a/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast