We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Will Stat

Will Stat

Soo...

With my current unbuffed will at 287, I've been wondering, is Will really all that critical for a captain?

Re: Will Stat

I would say with our most common role being an off or main healer, and traiting HoH in most groups, Will is definitely one of the primary stats, moreso if you are main healing. Check out Wisdom too, I see a lot more people traiting that now too.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320800000015e81f/01003/signature.png]Celebrated[/charsig]

There any way to get around that though, like with LIs and such?

Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    To get around what? The need for Will?

As a primarily HoH captain my unbuffed Will is 533. Fully buffed and with legacies and stuff I can get 18%+ outgoing healing. It definitely makes a difference.

While Will is certainly important to captain healing, I don't stack it like crazy.

I sit around 340 will and manage to do just fine. You can get lots of will from relics, settings, and if you have a couple ****** legacies on your emblem replace that with a will stat.

I had IDoME Duration on my emblem, thought it was a waste of points so I dropped a legacy of will on it, which maxed out adds around 22 will I think. Not 100% sure on the exact number at the moment.
    Hurth, Warden
    Barst, Guardian
    Xiox, Reaver

Will is 'somewhat' important for captains. I figure it's not good enough to sacrifice tons of morale and other stats, but don't ignore it either. For my current raid build I have about 300 will buffed. May not seem like a lot, but for my role as spot and backup healing, I think it is reasonable.

Still, blame Turbine for not putting will on higher end armor
    Last edited by Beastnas; Mar 18 2010 at 05:06 PM.

Agreed on the high armour point. I actually wore Light armour gloves for the will and fate.....and yea I think going over 400 when you're backup healing is a waste.
    [COLOR="Lime"][B]Tsion[/B][/COLOR] - [B]R10[/B] [B]Captain, [COLOR="Magenta"]Candyman[/COLOR][/B] [B]of[/B] [B][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Nimrodel[/COLOR][/B]
    [B]Leader/Founder of[/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]The Dancing Tsions™[/COLOR][/B]
    [CENTER][COLOR="Lime"][B]Throwing Axe KB Count:[/B][/COLOR] [B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]5[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][B][COLOR="Yellow"]Collector of Juice™[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

8. Mar 20 2010, 11:20 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    You can get around a lot of the negatives of a low will stat by getting more +power gear and a good level 65 healing crest. If you can get +vocal skills healing, +rallying cry healing and -minus rallying cry cooldown on a 65 crest and put the good crafted relic with the outgoing healing on it you will be an effective backup healer regardless of your will stat.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000003097e/01003/signature.png]Belgarad[/charsig]
    Money, so they say, is the root of all evil today,
    but if you ask for a rise it's no surprise that they're giving none away

I fully buff to 650 Will/Fate when healing-specced(along with 575 vitality, 400 might, 400 agility, 7.8k morale, and 4.4k power).

Yes, I'd say it's pretty important.
    Last edited by Anetheroc; Mar 21 2010 at 01:01 AM.

Depends on what you're doing. You can stack will if you want.
    [COLOR="Lime"][B]Tsion[/B][/COLOR] - [B]R10[/B] [B]Captain, [COLOR="Magenta"]Candyman[/COLOR][/B] [B]of[/B] [B][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Nimrodel[/COLOR][/B]
    [B]Leader/Founder of[/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]The Dancing Tsions™[/COLOR][/B]
    [CENTER][COLOR="Lime"][B]Throwing Axe KB Count:[/B][/COLOR] [B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]5[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][B][COLOR="Yellow"]Collector of Juice™[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

So I was wondering how much this does affect our healing. So I set up 2 builds today, one with mass Will stacking, and 1 that I typically run around in which gives higher m/a/v and leaves will and fate around 450. I used another captain, with strength of will up, and proceeded to do 20 heals in a row with each set up. Sadly I dont have the exact numbers as I just did a rough look over but the difference was underwhelming to say the least. Traited full HoH the heals with the higher will were about the same as the ones with the 450. Some crits even hit higher when I had the 450s. This is far from hard evidence, but I almost think its broken. I shouldnt crit on a random passer by for 1250 with WoC(man champ) then sit and try to hit high on a SoW person and not hit that sometimes. Its off to say the least.

edit: 650 will build the range of WoC was 569-1267
    450 Will build the range of WoC was 448-1328
    Last edited by Jasont531; Mar 21 2010 at 06:56 PM.

Outshined R6 Mini/ Ikiu R6 Guardian/ Ilidir R5 Champ/ Demion R5 LM

I personally look at our stats in terms of importance as follows:

#1: Melee Crit
    #2: Will
    #3: Morale

That said, might is a big component of melee crit, and it's easier (generally) to find things with both might and morale than it is to find Will, so my will tends to be fairly low.

Captain heals are so small, that the healing output difference between having a will build and a different one is minimal.

I think having the legacy to reduce your rallying cry cooldown will increase your healing in a group about 10 times more than having a build for will.

I personally don't bother with the HoH trait, and equip instead Shield of the Dunedain and Oathbreakers along with IDOME.
    Nandir - Caradhraz - Alundil - and others
    Burzumgoth - Nardur - Zhugash - and others

Quote Originally Posted by Forza View Post
    Captain heals are so small, that the healing output difference between having a will build and a different one is minimal.

I think having the legacy to reduce your rallying cry cooldown will increase your healing in a group about 10 times more than having a build for will.

I personally don't bother with the HoH trait, and equip instead Shield of the Dunedain and Oathbreakers along with IDOME.
    Agree. I would also say not to forget about Fate, since you will be eating power.

Quote Originally Posted by Reillan View Post
    I personally look at our stats in terms of importance as follows:

#1: Melee Crit
    #2: Will
    #3: Morale

That said, might is a big component of melee crit, and it's easier (generally) to find things with both might and morale than it is to find Will, so my will tends to be fairly low.

Might affects the amount you crit for, Agility affects your crit rate. Stacking might isn't going to help you with crit responses.
    [CENTER]Rakethorn of Elendilmir[/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]

I would say given the hybrid nature of Captains, our lack of big DPS skills, and our usual role as off-healers and off-tanks, a balanced build skewed towards vitality, will and fate is great overall. I just don't see enough of an effect from might and agility to stack them.

My build is around 530 vit, 504 will, 495 fate, 416 agi and 413 might. Works very well for me.
    [U]Gladden - Thronnos Rokke Clan[/U]
    [B]Tuomer[/B], Captain lvl 65
    [B]Twink[/B], Burglar lvl 65
    [B]Curangail[/B], Champion lvl 65