We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Virtues/stats?

Virtues/stats?

As a largely solo, Leader of Men / Oathbreaker captain, what stats should I be focusing on and what would you recommend for virtues?

I am currently running: Idealism, Confidence, Loyalty, Justice, Wisdom.

My unbuffed stats are M 314, A 271, V 302, W 318, F 359. I have 3632 M and 3417 P. This is at level 60.
    Mneme, Elf Loremaster/Jenquai Explorer; Aoide, Elf Minstrel/Jenquai Seeker; Melete, Elf Hunter/Jenquai Defender; Xaamia, Man Captain/Terran Scout; Mercurial, Man Guardian/Terran Enforcer; Xxi, Man Warden/Terran Tradesman; Scintillate, Elf Runekeeper/Progen Sentinel, Mnemelet, Hobbit Burglar/Progen Privateer; Skxawng, Dwarf Champion/Progen Warrior

Re: Virtues/stats?

I don't see valour there....

Get that Morale up captain. 3.6k at 60 isn't a lot - I tried the Herald build a few weeks ago and i was standing around 6k without uber-raid-gear
    Marianna from Windfola, Captain lv115.
    Now on Arkenstone, took a few year off on Gladden.

I've been running with Discipline/Idealism/Loyalty/Fidelity/Innocence so far....

A little lower on the HP, but it feels like I last longer...

Even with Valour (+286 morale) he'd only be at 3,918. No where close to 6k.

http://www.lotroaddict.com/builder.p...//////////////

It's a good tool for trying out different builds.
    ...and they sang as they slew, for the joy of battle was on them....

Quote Originally Posted by StarSeekerVDS View Post
    As a largely solo, Leader of Men / Oathbreaker captain, what stats should I be focusing on and what would you recommend for virtues?

I am currently running: Idealism, Confidence, Loyalty, Justice, Wisdom.

My unbuffed stats are M 314, A 271, V 302, W 318, F 359. I have 3632 M and 3417 P. This is at level 60.
    When I am in my solo/DPS build I slot Discipline, Loyalty, Innocence, Valour, and Zeal.
    When I am in my heal build I slot Loyalty, Innocence, Valour, Wisom, Idealism. I've toyed with slotting Empathy or Confidence instead of Loyalty/Innocence/Valour depending upon the content I'm running.

Your virtue build seems to be a mix of both. Since you are going solo, and not really healing a ton, I would suggest dropping Idealism, Confidence, and Wisdom, and concentrating upon virtues that up your Defense ratings and Vitality/Morale. Those will give you a more sturdy build.

As for your overall stats, they are "low" due more to gear (from looking at my.lotro) than anything else. Picking up the rest of your Hall General's armour will provide a nice increase there. If you have the rep, some of the Lorien jewellery recipes (such as the glowing aureate armlets/bands) will provide more Might/Vitalty/Agility/Morale to give you a more sturdy build. Alternatively, some of the jewelry from the Moria instances (Diamond Studs, Insidious Cuff, Ancient Signet Pendant), or if you have Malledhrim rep, can acheive the same thing (many of the barter jewellery items in Mirkwood have similiar stats to the nicer jewelry drops from Moria instances).

Quote Originally Posted by Turekz0r View Post
    Even with Valour (+286 morale) he'd only be at 3,918. No where close to 6k.

http://www.lotroaddict.com/builder.p...//////////////

It's a good tool for trying out different builds.

Yeah but i haven`t seen his gear either..
    Marianna from Windfola, Captain lv115.
    Now on Arkenstone, took a few year off on Gladden.

Quote Originally Posted by MorningStarSE View Post
    Yeah but i haven`t seen his gear either..
    Can anyone explain to me how much damage I would be adding by slotting Discipline (+30 might). I run a very low might build as it is (about 400 with IDOME running) because my sense was that the cost/benefit of might was not advantageous.

Quote Originally Posted by seyahat View Post
    Can anyone explain to me how much damage I would be adding by slotting Discipline (+30 might). I run a very low might build as it is (about 400 with IDOME running) because my sense was that the cost/benefit of might was not advantageous.
    I'll let one of the number crunchers cover the benefits (or lack thereof) that 30 Might offers. I personally slot Discipline for the Melee Defense Rating bonus, as that is a helpful thing for all Captains. The Might is just an added bonus.

Don't worry about your build until you're 65.
    [COLOR="Lime"][B]Tsion[/B][/COLOR] - [B]R10[/B] [B]Captain, [COLOR="Magenta"]Candyman[/COLOR][/B] [B]of[/B] [B][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Nimrodel[/COLOR][/B]
    [B]Leader/Founder of[/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]The Dancing Tsions™[/COLOR][/B]
    [CENTER][COLOR="Lime"][B]Throwing Axe KB Count:[/B][/COLOR] [B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]5[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][B][COLOR="Yellow"]Collector of Juice™[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Tsion_Reborn View Post
    Don't worry about your build until you're 65.
    This is one point I always argue with you...why not? Stats help at any level, and learning how they help your character over the course of leveling is a lot easier than trying to figure it out all at once at 65 and then just taking someone's build template because none of it makes sense.

This is like the people who always say "Wait until your retirement to do ___." The game isn't about just what happens at level 65.

At the OP: if you haven't seen it already, burgzerg.com has a great "Virtues" section with a lot of toys to play with to figure out virtue combos. Start with some of the suggestions above, and futz around with it without having to pay for retraiting.
    [CENTER]

[/CENTER]