We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Last Virtue spot....

Iam currently running
    Empathy
    Innocence
    Valour
    Loyalty

For the last spot I am debating
    Fidelity
    Discipline
    or Justice

Re: Last Virtue spot....

I assume you are capping melee defense since you aren't looking at Zeal? If not, I'd suggest running it. If you are, then I'd probably go with Tolerance, assuming you like to run 6-man instances.

Fidelity is great for instances with a lot of shadow damage, but it's probably not worth running 24/7.

I haven't personally experimented with damage-oriented gear builds, but if you're into that, I hear there's a good deal of damage to be gained from pumping Might. In that case, Discipline would be a pretty ideal choice and could be a stand-in for Zeal as the two virtues aren't as far apart as they used to be.

I'm not a huge fan of Justice and Valour personally. You can already get your morale plenty high enough with gear for tanking duty, and I like to minimize my OCMR solo to make it easier to DbD. However, they aren't terrible -- it's more a preference thing.

BTW, anything I said about the things that add morale / vit may not apply if you are talking about PvMP since a lot of times, people just go after whoever has the lowest morale. In that case, you usually want every point of morale you can get, especially enough to make it above 7k.
    Wyrond -- 65 Warden -- Riddermark (Officer -- Is A Small Fellowship)
    Wyrond -- 65 Warden -- Brandywine (Semi-Retired)
    Numerous alts across three servers

Not PvMP for me. Just tanking for my Kin. I do fine with Turtle, GS etc etc. I did Sword Hall and did fine as well. But We are running DG a lot in Mirkwood so I would like to be top for that.

Thanks for the input.

What is the cap for Defense?

Assuming you mean melee/tactical/ranged/critical and not common/shadow/fire/etc., it's 15%. Mouse over the ratings to see the percentages. I forget what exactly that works out to rating-wise though. You could probably find the exact amount with a forum search though.

Typically you're only going to max melee defense with active scrolls, but you can get close if you really build that direction. My personal preference is to build for a very high melee defense for 95% of the stuff I do, and then trade Zeal out for something else if I know I'm going to have a scroll up for the tough stuff.
    Wyrond -- 65 Warden -- Riddermark (Officer -- Is A Small Fellowship)
    Wyrond -- 65 Warden -- Brandywine (Semi-Retired)
    Numerous alts across three servers

I usually run with zeal for the melee defense along with a +melee defense pocket item for the 6-mans and 3-mans to bring my melee defense pretty close to cap (~14.5%), but usually switch zeal out for discipline and the pocket as well for raiding since the scrolls will bring melee defense to cap.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000001424c1/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Paper is balanced, nerf Rock. ~Scissors

I would actually go with Honesty for more power. Max power is by far more important to a warden than max morale. If you need more morale, go for ICMR. It yields far more at by end of a long fight than flat morale rating. Same goes for ICPR > flat power, but there aren't any virtues with ICPR on them
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too wierd to live, but too rare to die. ~Hunter S. Thompson