We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Having Trouble choosing the best legacies for my weapons

I know this has been discussed before, so I apologise in advance. My level 64 warden is quickly replacing my hunter as my main. The problem I have is what legacies should I be looking for on my level 65 weapons when I hit 65. On my hunter the best legacies are obvious(damage increase ones, power cost ones, needful haste etc). It seems the legacies on the warden are mediocre to poor, with that said here is my thought.
    On my javelin it seems I should go for the healing legacies and ignore the javelin legacies. Is this correct? I mean really how important is javelin toss range. What a stupid legacy. The only one that might be nich is ambush critical multiplier.
    The question I have on my other weapon is what legacies should I shoot for. Maybe a better question is how efficient are the threat increase legacies. Should I have a tanking weapon and a solo weapon or just keep one. As I am now basically at end game and am learning how to tank I am wondering what the ideal warden legacies are. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
    I guess I am totally underwhelmed by the warden legacies available.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000287177/01003/signature.png]Aremot[/charsig]

Re: Having Trouble choosing the best legacies for my weapons

It really depends on what you plan on doing.

For me, Javelin toss range (it now affects all javelin skills) is a must have legacy if you plan on PvMP. Must have.

for Main hand - I like recklessness, onslaught damage and Javelin toss along with Surety of Death (affects Desolation as well).

For Javelin, I look for Conviction + conservation in a tanking Javelin. I look for ambush & CS induction + CS duration with -Hit movement penalty in a PvP Jav.

I have war-cry and EoB legacies on my second age sword, but I'm not convinced they do much. Those are the only two Threat legacies even worth a look.
    Last edited by geoboy; Mar 25 2010 at 04:31 PM.
    Nerves, of the Brandywine.

See that was my point. I am not sure threat legacies do much if anything. Good point about javelin toss range legacy but I don't pvmp. Haven't been to moors in over a year. Also at the risk of sounding lkie a newbie what is the advantage of recklesness stance. not sure I ever run in that. i am 100% in power regeneration stance(conservatio I think it is). I do use surety of death alot though so will look for that one. Also, seem to be using conviction alot when I tank so will look for that one as well.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000287177/01003/signature.png]Aremot[/charsig]

Well I'm still a rookie but my guess is that it's designed for Warden DPS. You're increasing damage and attack speed at the expense of defense. It's a good trade off for DPS or off tanking. If your main tank drops you can switch stances and should be able to grab aggro somewhat quickly. Or you can use it against trash mobs and just blow through them quickly. It's not bad from my take of it... I'm excited to get to it

Heh. Only time I've run in Recklessness was grinding mid-level mobs for deeds

I don't carry separate tanking and solo weapons. I just don't have the heart to grind for two. So I tend to seek legacies that are generally useful rather than situational.

On a MH weapon, my favorites are javelin toss range (so I can pull from longer range, before a hunter offers to "help", or from a better position to avoid pathing mobs) and mighty blow and/or onslaught damage, because I use both often. Wages of Fear positional damage is a nice bonus, since I use WoF to pull back mobs that are heading after the healer.

On my javelin, there's more useful stuff to pick from. My number one is +ICPR in Conservation. I really miss my -ambush and careful step induction legacy. Seems silly, but I loved it. I pick this up whenever I can. After that, any of the +heal legacies.

Honestly any more i've been working with onslaught damage, mighty blow damage, SoD damage, and anything that reduces power cost. The only tanking legacy for the main hand i like is WoS parry rating, the threat ones are all meh. I've made sure to have either +vit, +might or +will, as those seem to benefit me more than the threat legacies.

On jav, i absolutely have to have conservation +ICPR, conviction healing and restoration healing. I also like +WT duration but haven't found one with all them on it. This is only for pve of course.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000012ed2b/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I run in recklessness when not grouped. It's not a lot I know, but when I do have to grind through mobs, It makes things significantly faster. I am in conservation 80% of the time, so that for me is a must have on the javelin.

The first thing you've got to look at when choosing legacies is whether you actually use the related skill / stance.
    Nerves, of the Brandywine.

DPS:

Jav - ICPR, Conviction, Restoration, Celebration, Duration Androit Maneuver (for a dps speciality rotation i like)

Weap - Onslaught, Might blow, recklessness

Tanking:

Jav - same as DPS above

Weap - EoB threat, War Cry threat, WoS parry
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/052060000000ebe4d/01008/signature.png]Presidium[/charsig]

What I consider must-haves (strictly PvE):

Solo weapon: Recklessness Attack Duration, Mighty Blow Damage (Pool A), Onslaught Damage (Pool B)

Tanking weapon: War Cry Threat, Exultation of Battle Threat (Pool A), Onslaught Damage (Pool B)

Javelin: Conservation ICPR, Conviction, Restoration (Pool A)

Almost anything else I would replace with a stat legacy. Exceptions:

I don't mind Dance of War Evade and Shield Mastery Block on the javelin, since they give a non-negligible bonus even with no points spent.

Dark Before the Dawn is nice too, but it's Pool A and I wouldn't trade it for one of the three must-haves.

The power legacies (Power Attack, Fierce Resolve and Safeguard Lines) are all very meh; depending on whether I have points left over I might keep them and put some in.

I had stopped using the threat legacies since the EoB change back in moria, not by choice, but because I couldn't get a weapon that had them. But by the time I did, I had come to notice that I didn't miss them or need them. I didn't consider them a must have then, and now after trying to gauge the imact of the legacies in testing, it's only reinforced the lack of necessity for them. That being said it makes our MH legacys seem just a little more useless lol
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000003b62c/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Originally Posted by [B]Graalx2 [/B]-Directed at Wardens!
    You guys!!! There is such a thing as being too efficient.

On a main hand I use anything that increases dps, mighty blow and onslaught being the top 2. I have EoB on my second age spear but haven't ranked it up because I don't feel it's important. I also like Jav Toss range for the utility, but it's not absolutely essential, just personal preference.

On my jav I always look for ICPR, Conviction, DBTD. The first 2 are absolutely essential to me. DBTD I like because I can get more power from less uses so that's good. After those 3 I would take Celebration of Skill or Restoration heals as the next best.

I don't do PVMP so that's all from PVE perspective.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000019d475/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Nightmares - 30 Hobbit Warden - Riddermark
    Endaa - 65 Man Warden - Brandywine
    Enda - 65 Hobbit Burglar - Brandywine
    Suvi - 65 Elf Hunter - Brandywine