We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Warden as a main char?

I've decided to come back to LOTRO after my short time with it when Moria was released, and my elf warden is my highest character at 25 (so i consider her my main). my question is, should i level one of the original classes instead? or stick with my warden?

I have yet to play her again, as my client keeps crashing :'( but i do remember being a stalwart class, even if i wasn't sure about tanking/dps styles. any advice?

Re: Warden as a main char?

Stick with the class you enjoy most as your main. If that's the Warden, great. All classes have a role endgame.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20200000013d3e9/signature.png]Derrial[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

If you are willing to put time and effort into learning/loving the class, then that's great. The warden is the most difficult class to learn, but possibly the most effective in the right hands. So if you're going to be playing the warden, then it's probably best to have it as your main because you will spend more time learning and developing it. Enjoy
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too wierd to live, but too rare to die. ~Hunter S. Thompson

Play whatever you enjoy most, the whole idea is to have the most fun you can when you play the game.

It's real simple the more you enjoy the game the longer you'll want to play it.

i do enjoy playing a warden, just sometimes it feels like i'm not sturdy enough? probably need to slot traits and gear up right. any top links to threads/articles on doing that?

Quote Originally Posted by mondar91 View Post
    i do enjoy playing a warden, just sometimes it feels like i'm not sturdy enough? probably need to slot traits and gear up right. any top links to threads/articles on doing that?
    You'll get sturdier as you level up. At low level you don't have access to all your HoTs, only have one small morale leech, etc. As you level up you'll get more gambits, more traits, higher virtues, etc, that will make you a lot less squishy. You won't be squishy at endgame if you make proper use of your gambits. I've tanked every boss fight in the game, including the Lieutenant, on my Warden (although haven't beat the Lieutenant yet but not because I was squishy ) and have proven plenty sturdy. While most classes have their core skillset pretty much filled out by level 30, the Warden tends to blossom a lot later in the level curve. Some of your best gambits, you won't get until high 50s.

As for Warden information in general, have you checked out the sticky in this forum? There's a lot of info there on traiting, tanking gambit rotations, etc.
    Last edited by Dalthyn; Mar 29 2010 at 10:24 AM.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20200000013d3e9/signature.png]Derrial[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]