We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Way of the Warden - out of combat duration

I don't know if this is suggested before...

Way of the Warden is an awesome stance but i'm sure all of us really hate to lose this stance during short out of combat moments. The typical scenerio is, you fight the boss, the boss pulls back, you go out of combat for like 2-3 seconds and lose WotW, wave of adds come, you kill the adds, boss comes back, and so on. There are many examples for this situation in the game (one of them is Mordirith fight). I know there is almost no fights like this in end-game (except some skirmishes), it kinda makes people forget the issue but it doesn't mean that there won't be fights like that in future.

To have something like "Expires if out of combat for X seconds." on Way of the Warden would solve the problem imo. Losing the stance when getting out of combat only for a second just sucks.

Re: Way of the Warden - out of combat duration

This is a good idea. Would certainly help with grinding deeds. Also, when I help low level groups with CD and Uru I usually just make pull after pull and dont really wait because I can just sustain myself with HoTs and DBD... keeping WotW up while I'm burning through them would help out a lot. And this wouldnt really be overpowered either because it has a 15 minute countdown timer, which is longer than CB anyway.
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too wierd to live, but too rare to die. ~Hunter S. Thompson

I'd rather have WotW include the block/evade bonus, and have conservation/determination legacies work on it. Then I may actually slot it.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20200000013d3e9/signature.png]Derrial[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

I doubt it will ever happen. Controlled Burn was changed because the out of combat duration was making it overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by jeedai View Post
    I doubt it will ever happen. Controlled Burn was changed because the out of combat duration was making it overpowered.
    I think WotW is not even close to CB. It's not an equivalent thing to compare. Benefits you get from CB is far superior.

Quote Originally Posted by cnrsnl View Post
    I think WotW is not even close to CB. It's not an equivalent thing to compare. Benefits you get from CB is far superior.
    At the time it was changed, all you gained from CB was full avoidances. In my opinion, high ICMR, -10% attack duration, and 5% melee damage while losing ~500 block and evade (which will still be at or around cap) is very similar. At the same time, it could be argued that a duration set on WotW would be a buff, since very few fights outside of raids have a duration of longer than 3:30 (the duration of CB).

Well, for battles like the OP talks about, might be better to change how "expires if out of combat" works. Have them only expire if either all your foes are dead/defeated or you are defeated. Pauses within a battle do not expire them.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000237e4a/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Keth(65 Warden), Tula(65 Hunter), Az(Champ and Warden), Ghaele(Cpt), Mahlya(Burg), Shilly(RK), Byrena(Guard), Kahnya(LM), Naht(Mini), Rea(Burg), and others
    Alt problem? *twitch* I ain't got no Alt problem! I can stop any time!

Quote Originally Posted by KahnyaGnorc View Post
    Well, for battles like the OP talks about, might be better to change how "expires if out of combat" works. Have them only expire if either all your foes are dead/defeated or you are defeated. Pauses within a battle do not expire them.
    this would be a nightmare for devs xD

but srsly, I think what they need to do with WotW is completely change its functionality from a boss-fight type stance to something more equivalent to guardian's threat stance.

I think some good ideas would be something like reduce cooldowns for masteries by a few seconds, or maybe turn it into some sort of ranged-tanking stance with extra ranged defense and something like +100% threat from ranged attacks so you could keep aggro in ranged fights, (drakes on the 4th boss in rift comes to mind) and while there currently is no fight that really requires a ranged tank now, it would be helpful at pulling things off of the mini in any fight.

I dunno, I'd just like it to be it's own thing that I could slot for an advantage in certain situations rather than some trait I never slot b/c of the 15 minute cooldown (absolutely unecessary and ridiculous imo) and the buffs don't really add all that much from the original stances
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000001424c1/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Paper is balanced, nerf Rock. ~Scissors

I think giving WotW an out of combat expiration duration would be nice, but it would make the skill rather OP, or at least defeat its purpose. the skill was designed to make one battle go easier, not to max you out until you lose it like some of the champ skills. I also think that even if this was done, few wardens would use the skill.

WotW needs to be affected by the stance bonuses given by legendary weapons. I honestly dont use WotW much because it is often better just to stay in my maxed out Conservation or Determination stance.