We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Roles other than tanking

I'm glad you fancy yourself a "Champ Debunker", but the only thing you've done in this thread is call people trolls.

You've not suggested a role other than tanking for a Warden, nor added anything to the conversation besides a poop joke.

Take your own advice. Eat your burgers and rice.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000018f9c7/signature.png]Felaedor[/charsig]

2. Apr 03 2010, 12:14 PM

Quote Originally Posted by DackRover View Post
    NOOOoooooooo..... it's eating BURGERS* and RICE!!!!!!!!

*-poetic license...fried ground beef mixed with rice, not actually in the form of burger patties.
    Ho ho, it's Mr. Troll! Come back to spout clever troll comments, have you?
    [CENTER][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=pink]S[SIZE=1]TROZZAPRETI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 10/X6|[COLOR=olive]R[SIZE=1]IGATONI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 8|[COLOR=red]G[SIZE=1]NOCCHI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 7|[COLOR=blue]M[SIZE=1]ACCHERONI[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS] 7|[COLOR=yellow]R[SIZE=1]AVIOLI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 6|[COLOR=orange]F[SIZE=1]USILLI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 6
    A[SIZE=1]STERIX[/SIZE]|C[SIZE=1]HARAKHA[/SIZE]|K[SIZE=1]HAGATAI[/SIZE]|V[SIZE=1]ORO[/SIZE][/FONT]
    Playing on JQ in GW2
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Felaedor View Post
    Warden Primary Role - Soloing

Warden Secondary Role - Tank

Warden Tertiary Role - Scapegoat

(And they're top tier at all 3. Once outside of that however, you might as well play something else.)
    Signed....

You currently have 1337 reputation point(s).

BOOOO HOOOO HOOOOO QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ QQQQQQ
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ QQQQQQ
    edited for accuracy...

Quote Originally Posted by cwswim03 View Post
    Signed....
    soloing isn't a role....still.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000012ed2b/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by sunaris View Post
    edited for accuracy...

soloing isn't a role....still.
    Yes it is. The class was created so people could solo big things by themselves or lots of things by themselves. Guardian > Warden in terms of tanking and always will be.

I'm glad you fancy yourself a "Champ Debunker", but the only thing you've done in this thread is call people trolls.

You've not suggested a role other than tanking for a Warden, nor added anything to the conversation besides a poop joke.

Take your own advice. Eat your burgers and rice.

Like trying to speak with you intelligently about this topic has had any impact...ever....lol. I'd rather gouge my eye out with your razor sharp wit.
    Last edited by DackRover; Apr 03 2010 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainyman View Post
    Ho ho, it's Mr. Troll! Come back to spout clever troll comments, have you?

Nice Asterix...you are racking up an impressive list of unsolicited personal attacks on me now.

I am on the side of the wardens Asterix...you just misinterpretted the direction of my comment in this case, your axe must be getting down to the nub though, since you have some bug inserted when it comes to me, and so keep grinding it away both in the guard forum and now here again.

I have argued at length elsewhere that wardens are very capable tanks and that traited can match the dps of a guard, so I just don't see the problem...the only real problem is perception and people endlessly promulgating misinformation and false presumptions.

If these themes get repeated over and over endlessly, I don't feel the need to repeat myself in turn...those doing so have some ulterior motive to be so insistent and relentless and in failing to hear what was said before...I don't like to play into or dignify such by responding to it with sincerity -- tried it, and have no desire to repeat.

That said, I also reserve the right to participate and comment as I will. Why would someone actually bother to re-engage a discussion with fail-adore when its all been said ad nauseum and far too many times.

That said, he did post respectfully in a newer similar post as appears in the forum today...so I confess to feeling a bit regretful, and will likely not seek to heap further harm upon harm if the trend continues and a new leaf is actually "turned over" in this respect. Maybe actual intellectual discussion can yet be had without the personal attacks and diatribes as he and those like him usually include.

To the degree that may prove possible, I apologize for the attempt at mild humorous digression / redirection of attentions.
    Last edited by DackRover; Apr 03 2010 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy730 View Post
    Ok just to let everyone know in no way does a warden come even close to any Dps Class i don't care if you have all 7 spear traits from spear line slotted you still don't do even close to a burg/hnt/rk/champ single target dps sure all our single target dps things can make us mediocre but still not even close to a hunter in strength or champ in berserker or a rk in lighting. We also have only 3 AoE HoTs with 1 AoE that drains about 200 instant so not where close to a champ in AoE dps my main is a warden and if i have a tank and need one more for dps slot no way am i taking a warden to fill it.
    if of course you aren't going to match dps JUST by traiting spear, you need to have a character build for it. Get more might jewelry and swap it out when you want to dps, it makes an INCREDIBLE difference, the only reason a champ does more single-target dps than you is because they have more might. If we had a champ and a warden with equal gear (meaning exactly the same stats) a warden should be able to do more single-target dps than a champ.

Champs with more might do more damage than champs with less might, it's the same with a warden. When my warden had about 370 might warden's triumph hit for ~580 median range. Now I have better gear and my tank build gives me about 450 might and warden's triumph is closer to ~670 median range. Most champs run with AT LEAST 550-580 might, more if they really have the gear, of course I can't compete with them with a difference of over 100 might for dps. If I geared closer to a champ, I'd be closer to the squishiness of a champ, but since it's not my job, I'll take my 7k morale over better dps.

All that said I'd take a hunter or a champ over a warden if I NEEDED a dps slot only because majority of wardens don't stack might and many don't have might jewelry to swap out either.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000001424c1/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Paper is balanced, nerf Rock. ~Scissors

10. Apr 03 2010, 11:39 PM

Quote Originally Posted by DackRover View Post
    Nice Asterix...you are racking up an impressive list of unsolicited personal attacks on me now.

I am on the side of the wardens Asterix...you just misinterpretted the direction of my comment in this case, your axe must be getting down to the nub though, since you have some bug inserted when it comes to me, and so keep grinding it away both in the guard forum and now here again.

I have argued at length elsewhere that wardens are very capable tanks and that traited can match the dps of a guard, so I just don't see the problem...the only real problem is perception and people endlessly promulgating misinformation and false presumptions.

If these themes get repeated over and over endlessly, I don't feel the need to repeat myself in turn...those doing so have some ulterior motive to be so insistent and relentless and in failing to hear what was said before...I don't like to play into or dignify such by responding to it with sincerity -- tried it, and have no desire to repeat.

That said, I also reserve the right to participate and comment as I will. Why would someone actually bother to re-engage a discussion with fail-adore when its all been said ad nauseum and far too many times.

That said, he did post respectfully in a newer similar post as appears in the forum today...so I confess to feeling a bit regretful, and will likely not seek to heap further harm upon harm if the trend continues and a new leaf is actually "turned over" in this respect. Maybe actual intellectual discussion can yet be had without the personal attacks and diatribes as he and those like him usually include.

To the degree that may prove possible, I apologize for the attempt at mild humorous digression / redirection of attentions.
    Not interested, friend hypocrite.
    [CENTER][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=pink]S[SIZE=1]TROZZAPRETI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 10/X6|[COLOR=olive]R[SIZE=1]IGATONI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 8|[COLOR=red]G[SIZE=1]NOCCHI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 7|[COLOR=blue]M[SIZE=1]ACCHERONI[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS] 7|[COLOR=yellow]R[SIZE=1]AVIOLI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 6|[COLOR=orange]F[SIZE=1]USILLI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 6
    A[SIZE=1]STERIX[/SIZE]|C[SIZE=1]HARAKHA[/SIZE]|K[SIZE=1]HAGATAI[/SIZE]|V[SIZE=1]ORO[/SIZE][/FONT]
    Playing on JQ in GW2
    [/CENTER]

Yes it is. The class was created so people could solo big things by themselves or lots of things by themselves. Guardian > Warden in terms of tanking and always will be.
    so you're saying soloing is considered a group role? i think not. i understand the class was made to be solo friendly, but we are talking about group roles. Soloing is not a group role in any mmo. In fact you would have to be very mislead to think so, or just very new to mmo's in general. Until they change the character creation screen or the manual to say solo instead of tank for group role, i'm right and you champs are wrong. And as far as guard vs ward in tanking, it absolutely depends on the content, raid yes, everything else no. k thx bye.
    Last edited by sunaris; Apr 04 2010 at 12:59 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000012ed2b/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I am super warden!
    Have fun with your solo class. Turbine made em for you. You still have no place in a group. Any content that doesn't require a tank: Anything except the raid, your spot is better off filled by dps or buffs. And in the raid, guardian Heart of fire makes them the easy choice. But, keep dwelling in suboptimality. Isn't that what all you wardens are about, being the uber optimal warrior? Demand some skills. Be creative and demand some skills that make you invaluable to a raid. Right now, you have zero.

Have fun with your solo class. Turbine made em for you. You still have no place in a group. Any content that doesn't require a tank: Anything except the raid, your spot is better off filled by dps or buffs. And in the raid, guardian Heart of fire makes them the easy choice. But, keep dwelling in suboptimality. Isn't that what all you wardens are about, being the uber optimal warrior? Demand some skills. Be creative and demand some skills that make you invaluable to a raid. Right now, you have zero.
    LOL, get mad? yea you did. oh well, your still young kiddo, one day you'll see that it isn't about "optimality" it's about having fun, it's a game after all, go out and get some fresh air.

so you're saying soloing is considered a group role? i think not. i understand the class was made to be solo friendly, but we are talking about group roles. Soloing is not a group role in any mmo. In fact you would have to be very mislead to think so, or just very new to mmo's in general. Until they change the character creation screen or the manual to say solo instead of tank for group role, i'm right and you champs are wrong. And as far as guard vs ward in tanking, it absolutely depends on the content, raid yes, everything else no. k thx bye.
    My god.

You still don't get the fact that:

a) it's a joke.

and

b) it's there to illustrate a point.

It's a subtle way of saying that if a class's role in a group is soloing, it doesn't have a role in a group.

When I say they have 2 roles...Soloing and Tanking...I'm saying they only have 1 role.

Tanking.

Which is what this thread is about in the first place. Warden roles other than tanking.

For the last time

It's a Joke.

Quit taking yourself so seriously.

Don't call other people "kiddo" or "young" if you can't even spell "you're", or you use the phrase "k thx bye". It's just pathetic, childish, and arrogant.
    Last edited by Felaedor; Apr 04 2010 at 06:05 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000018f9c7/signature.png]Felaedor[/charsig]

Don't call other people "kiddo" or "young" if you can't even spell "you're", or you use the phrase "k thx bye". It's just pathetic, childish, and arrogant.
    arrogance was the point, like you said earlier, YOU guys were the one's being trolled and baited...you sir were correct and CS just happened to get some too. i guess you champs missed my first post in the thread THAT SAID ALMOST THE EXACT SAME THING YOU GUYS WERE SAYING. epic facepalm yourself bud.

but i did drop the ball on the "your" and not "you're" i guess you got me there. i'd give you a cooky but you have a champ sig, and i hate champs.

EDIT: except dwarf champs...they cool.
    Last edited by sunaris; Apr 04 2010 at 06:42 AM.

As of yet neither has offered a differing opinion, and in fact sunaris said in the first response to the post essentially the same thing I've been saying all along.

At this point, I'm the one being trolled, responding to the drivel you post because you don't like my semantics.
    I had an idea as of page 3.

You just play the part of an incompetent idiot way too well for me to let it slide.

I had an idea as of page 3.

You just play the part of an incompetent idiot way too well for me to let it slide.
    gotta do something while i'm at work. BUT while you are implying that I'm an idiot, realize that you were one up'd by the idiot. This is how the warden forums work, very few people are serious here, no need to get in a fuss... you champs and your srs biznss

lol you know whats funny? you seemed to have forgotten to have fun. also, quit trolling tank forums, you make us champs look bad and encourage negative stereotypes against us. and besides, all of the best runs of HoC, GS, etc. were done with what? wardens. wardens tend to be the better skilled player because the class DEMANDS them to. win or fail, there is no spectrum with the warden.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000002b692a/01005/signature.png]Ferdinibad[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by shdowhunt60 View Post
    lol you know whats funny? you seemed to have forgotten to have fun. also, quit trolling tank forums, you make us champs look bad and encourage negative stereotypes against us. and besides, a wardens tend to be the better skilled player because the class DEMANDS them to. win or fail, there is no spectrum with the warden.
    You know what's funnier? You think pressing buttons with one class is more difficult than pressing buttons with another. I understand the concept of fun. Also understand the concept of class balance. Classes need to be balanced. Wardens need to be better than guards in some aspect. If guards are the masters of defense and champs are the masters of shifting aggro, what are Wardens? They have to be something. Best solo'ers? Self healers? What?

All of the best runs of HoC, GS, etc. were done with what? wardens.
    And you've been on every run ever of HoC, GS, etc. You can really make this claim with certitude.
    Also, wardens tend to be better skilled players: LUL. Cause you've played with more than ~10% (TOPS) of the population. So you can also make that claim. Well I know what wardens are best at now. Making ridiculous claims without proof!

I agree with Uruviel. Discussion on what our class lacks has gotten stagnant with posturing. The class won't improve on its own. The devs gave us Unnerring Strike in the last book, and look, now I can be DPS?
    Last edited by Rainyman; Apr 04 2010 at 01:14 PM.
    Playing on JQ in GW2
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Rainyman View Post
    I agree with Uruviel.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I hear the world imploding with the news of someone agreeing with me.

23. Apr 04 2010, 01:51 PM

I like how just because I don't have a Warden or a Guard in my signature, you assume I'm trolling.

I've tanked most every fight in the game on level (haven't found a kin I've felt like joining to do BG, after I quit for a while pre-mirkwood) on a Warden, Guard, and Champion.

To the OP...there are other classes to do things better on than Warden. To get added to a group as anything other than a tank, you'll have to completely optimize your rotation, find a kin willing to accept you as a DPSer or *maybe* offhealer, and then make sure there isn't an extra Champion or Captain on willing to do those roles.

It's just not worth it. You'll probably end up just doing what Wardens do best if you don't like tanking.

Soloing.
    Bud u ethier are A) A really really really good tank or B) a really really horrible warden becuase i can pull any mob of any *best tank* guardian and tank it just as well or better hell i've tanked every boss in the game on my warden true we are good soloers but we are even better tanks
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000000fb716/01003/signature.png]Braddik[/charsig]
    Creeps: Freeps:
    Sharpwulf Rank 8 Wl Tolliorin Rank 5 Captian
    Nasuade Rank 3 Champ

Bud u ethier are A) A really really really good tank or B) a really really horrible warden becuase i can pull any mob of any *best tank* guardian and tank it just as well or better hell i've tanked every boss in the game on my warden true we are good soloers but we are even better tanks
    I've tanked every boss on my champ. I think that means champs are really good tanks. Probably the best tanks!

And you are either a) a really really really bad reader (as is evidenced by your terrible grammar), or b) a troll like the rest of them.

This thread is about roles for a Guardian other than tanking in a group.

The OP doesn't want to tank and wants to know if he'll be gimped. The answer is:

Due to perception, absolutely. Even if you can come close to a DPS class's single target damage, no one will think you can because you're a Warden.

Stop arguing whether or not Wardens can tank. Everyone knows they can.

*facepalm*

@ sunaris - You degraded yourself, and one-uped no one. Being a troll isn't something to be proud of unless you're a sociopath...which is...in and of itself...nothing to be proud of.

this argument is getting really, really old and none of you are adding anything new to it, I suggest we end this now before some mod comes in and locks it.

if you guys do have something to add that isn't a rehashing of old arguments or snide comments as to the other person's trolling abilities then I suggest you say it, otherwise, move on.
    The Usual Suspects, if you know us, you know why.

Quote Originally Posted by lf2536 View Post
    this argument is getting really, really old and none of you are adding anything new to it, I suggest we end this now before some mod comes in and locks it.

if you guys do have something to add that isn't a rehashing of old arguments or snide comments as to the other person's trolling abilities then I suggest you say it, otherwise, move on.
    a de-rail would be epic...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000002b692a/01005/signature.png]Ferdinibad[/charsig]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast